No announcement yet.

brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voting public were tricked into voting for something by career politicians who never actually thought they would win or have to follow through with an actual plan. Best thing is another vote but take british passports away from everyone responsible (farage, boris etc)..then fire them from a canon into the ocean ;-) . Leave side must put forward a plan that works.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post

Wanted to leave before my personal circumstances changed, but we voted for Brexit, so let's just do it. I'm sure people like Hubble who are far more educated than me, will tell me that I'm wrong but France and Germany don't want us to leave, because like us they seem to put more money in to the EU than any other nation. Countries like Spain are not going to vote to f"ck us over because they rely on tourism to support their economy. Why don't we just man up, take a chance and call their bluff?
      Why would I tell you you're wrong Uppers? Your post makes sense to me.

Comment

Leave means Leave..............er unless it means Stay

Comment

the french never wanted us in,the germans run the show,the french play no2,the rest get what they can by being good children. Now theres plenty of pee poor countries love to join the gang to line their politicians pockets,i mean help their infrastructure. Being a island we always going to be diffrent to that lot in how we think etc. yes we was once mighty and not now but the rest of europe love to turn us over because of it.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Had some enforced time at home the last week, so watched the whole of todays commons debate live.

Very pleased to get unequivocal confirmation that :

a) We are definitely leaving in March,

b) There will be no “people’s vote, as we’ve already had it, and

c) The meaningful vote will be either accept the deal agreed, assuming there is such a thing, or leave without one.

And if anybody is wondering how the worst tory government in living memory is still in power, you only have to listen to the benches opposite. Never seen such an utter shambles of a debate. Virtually a never ending repetition of the same few questions, based upon them not being able to grasp the answers, no matter how many times they were given.

Thoroughly depressing state of affairs, watching Theresa May, as poor a performer as she has been shown to be, wiping the floor with those opposite.

Comment

can you imagine maggie doing our brexit negotiations. They be paying us
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Why would I tell you you're wrong Uppers? Your post makes sense to me.
                Appreciate that Hubbs. Just thought, wrongly obviously, that as your views are slightly to the left of centre that you'd want us to remain in the EU. As I've got older have thought that all MP's should run as independents, rather than Tory/Labour/Liberal/a.n.other. This would allow them to be more neutral and vote on issues rather than have to tow the party line.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  can you imagine maggie doing our brexit negotiations. They be paying us
                  The Germans' and French know that they're the ones who will have to dig deep if we left the EU as the rest of Europe hasn't got a pot to p"ss in. So Brexit was never going to be easy to negotiate and I do feel the criticism of TM, particularly by members of her own party hasn't helped.
                  I agree with you mate, this would have been right up Maggie's street. She'd als was a good 'war time' PM (like Churchill), fearless and IMHO would have the support of the Tory party.She.also a very good/tough negotiator and wouldn't have backed down from any BS threats about what consequences we'd suffer if we left.
                  I thought it was wrong at the time and still do but must admit that selling off council houses was a stroke of genius on her part. Not only did it provide revenue it also saved money, not only because the government didn't have to subsidie the working class/unemployed/people employed by the council lost their jobs and had to find work in the private sector She managed to remove the threat of industrial action as people now had mortgages to pay and couldn't afford to go on strike. Those who could afford to but their houses will obviously not agree. I'd say that politically I'm a little right of centre and I've never been a council tenant, so this is not a bitter rant by someone who missed out. It's just something that's always bugged me for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post

The Germans' and French know that they're the ones who will have to dig deep if we left the EU as the rest of Europe hasn't got a pot to p"ss in. So Brexit was never going to be easy to negotiate and I do feel the criticism of TM, particularly by members of her own party hasn't helped.
                    I agree with you mate, this would have been right up Maggie's street. She'd als was a good 'war time' PM (like Churchill), fearless and IMHO would have the support of the Tory party.She.also a very good/tough negotiator and wouldn't have backed down from any BS threats about what consequences we'd suffer if we left.
                    I thought it was wrong at the time and still do but must admit that selling off council houses was a stroke of genius on her part. Not only did it provide revenue it also saved money, not only because the government didn't have to subsidie the working class/unemployed/people employed by the council lost their jobs and had to find work in the private sector She managed to remove the threat of industrial action as people now had mortgages to pay and couldn't afford to go on strike. Those who could afford to but their houses will obviously not agree. I'd say that politically I'm a little right of centre and I've never been a council tenant, so this is not a bitter rant by someone who missed out. It's just something that's always bugged me for some reason.
                    Just when we were getting on so well! Couldn't disagree more on this one fella. Not a Thatcher fan. At all. Ever. Destroyed this country IMO, but made it look like she was saving it. Clever. Look at the state of it now. That's how you measure it.

Comment

I thought Maggie’s only mistake in regard to coucil houses, was not to reinvest some of the money in building new stock.

Let’s face facts, there was, is and always will be a need for that type of housing. Just a shame that a lot of it is abused by some of the low life that it is intended to help.

Comment

Would someone tell me 5 reasons why staying in the EU is desireable - apart from cheaper holidays and roaming charges?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Just when we were getting on so well! Couldn't disagree more on this one fella. Not a Thatcher fan. At all. Ever. Destroyed this country IMO, but made it look like she was saving it. Clever. Look at the state of it now. That's how you measure it.
                          After the machinations of Blair and "Goldflinger"Brown you blame Thatcher?

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                            Would someone tell me 5 reasons why staying in the EU is desireable - apart from cheaper holidays and roaming charges?
                            5 ?

Bit early for drinking, isn’t it?

Comment

I don't like to get into politics on a football forum but, to me there is only one thing that's relevant.

Left or right of centre, pro or anti Brexit is all irrelevant. We live in a Democratic Country and we had a Democratic vote - that should be the end of it. Stop marching, protesting and moaning and rejoice in the freedom of Democracy. Anything other than an exit, hard or soft, would be moral bankruptcy for our Country
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Whenever I ask people why it's so great to be in the EU they either clam up,dither or refer me to the Old Bill for Hate Crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X