brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

From page 24: "Promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internetbased information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media"
    Before we were talking about freedom of movement through the UN, now freedom of the press. Don't see anything wrong with your quotation there. Not sure what's wrong with promoting ethical reporting standards etc. Certainly doesn't put freedom of the press at risk. I don't know what the Swedish journalists are worried about, the UN has no teeth anyway. What are they gonna do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post

We are in the EU, yet a fellow EU country that is France allow these migrants passage through their country to assemble around the channel ports to try to gain illegal passage to the UK. Why are the French not doing more? Surely France is a place of safety. Start towing boats back to France from the channel.
      They do a lot actually. Costs a lot of money to manage the situation there which is why we paid for a massive fence to be set up. Also you got British border staff allowed to operate there under a bilateral agreement. Situation was worse a while back and they actually went to the trouble of dismantling a massive sprawling camp which was a huge operation. Like it or lump it we need them to co-operate in order to get what we want. They could just forget it all and leave it for us to sort out if they wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by fisnik View Post

Before we were talking about freedom of movement through the UN, now freedom of the press. Don't see anything wrong with your quotation there. Not sure what's wrong with promoting ethical reporting standards etc. Certainly doesn't put freedom of the press at risk. I don't know what the Swedish journalists are worried about, the UN has no teeth anyway. What are they gonna do?
        If you don´t think it´s a problem, that the UN want to interfere with what terminology should be used by the media in your country "with a view to dispelling misleading narratives that generate negative perceptions of migrants" then you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

As for freedom of movement, then you are probably right, that nothing will happen short term, as the compact is not legally binding, as they say (making the pill easier to swallow?). It is, however, politically binding, and this means that the UN, in time, will be able to put political pressure on states to accept more migrants, because they have signed the compact. It is probably just the first step en route to giving all migrants the same rights as refugees, by giving the signing nations an "overarching obligation to respect, protect and fulfil the human rights of all migrants, regardless of their migration status".

What´s not to like. It all sounds very nice, so probably nothing to worry about.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• what a shower of shite representing the British people
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Is anybody else seeing a picture of wortonranger at the botton of the page, with the caption “Qpr fan arrested” ?

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Is anybody else seeing a picture of wortonranger at the botton of the page, with the caption “Qpr fan arrested” ?
              Yes, a few have noticed it. According to agoodm, our tech guru: "It's pictures pulled from various threads mated up with the thread subject." Just unfortunate for worton that it landed on his avatar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yes, a few have noticed it. According to agoodm, our tech guru: "It's pictures pulled from various threads mated up with the thread subject." Just unfortunate for worton that it landed on his avatar.
                Oh right. By design or a glitch, do you know?

Just noticed Godfreys of Hornchurch alongside “Qpr hooligans”.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Oh right. By design or a glitch, do you know?
                  Oh an AI glitch I'm sure, just picking images randomly. Perhaps because Worton's has a clear face on it.

Comment

• epic Warnock rant on Brexit has upset the Remoaners

Comment

• warnocks teeth are 58 miles in europe,where ever he stands on english south coast
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Why is May still there? Just go woman, for god's sake.

Comment

• It’s such a long ting.my limited attention span is struggling to stay engaged.we voted out,then out.if it was in then accept and move on.democracy and suchlike.
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

• All i know is ,if i have to vote AGAIN on whether we leave europe or not , that will be the last time i ever vote , and all the the history ive pumped into my kids over the years about working class people getting the vote , will be for nothing
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• who else is sharing a pint with Lucifer

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                                who else is sharing a pint with Lucifer
                                Great isn’t it. Apparently we will end up in the same place as child murderers and rapists.
                                Fuk off Tusk you rat faced ####.
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X