No announcement yet.

brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can spain moan about Gibralter when they got a gaff over the water in Africa.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
      how can spain moan about Gibralter when they got a gaff over the water in Africa.
      It’s just Northern Ireland mkII for when they start to shaft May during the future withdrawal surrender.

I wonder if it’s possible for us to stay in now.

Then get a new PM with a backbone and activate Article 50 again, just to irritate the EU. Would be quite funny, as well as enabling us to do it properly.

Comment

• its times like these we could do with the queen dying,then we would hear no more brexit on tv for at least 2 months as tv would just be wall to wall 24/7 queen progs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          its times like these we could do with the queen dying,then we would hear no more brexit on tv for at least 2 months as tv would just be wall to wall 24/7 queen progs.
          Freddie Mercury died years ago mate ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Agree Corbs bang on the money mate. I can tell you now if the result had been different I wouldn't have been calling
            for another ref, or reversal of the result, and I think most leavers if not all wouldn't
            have either
            I do believe if this bunch of truly awful MP's on all sides get this done (which it looks like they will)
            then what is the point of voting, and then imo it will lead to people "opting out" of the moral
            unspoken code we all follow, of obeying the laws. Anarchy basically.
            Let’s face it, the majority of MP’s want to remain. Yet the referendum voted for out, in the general election 80% of votes were for Tories or Labour who both had manifestos committed to leaving the EU. Labour are now committed to voting against any deal as they see an avenue for a general election of which they believe they would win (god help us) this aligned with Tory remain MP’s (despite that their constituents voted out). The deal is on the road to nowhere. We’ve had two votes on leaving, the referendum and a general election, yet our elected representatives cannot do what the country has requested. Believe we should just go, deal or no deal. As with all divorces, there is never a winner and short term pain is felt on both sides. Let’s face reality, a no deal will affect the EU just as bad if not worse than the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post

Let’s face it, the majority of MP’s want to remain. Yet the referendum voted for out, in the general election 80% of votes were for Tories or Labour who both had manifestos committed to leaving the EU. Labour are now committed to voting against any deal as they see an avenue for a general election of which they believe they would win (god help us) this aligned with Tory remain MP’s (despite that their constituents voted out). The deal is on the road to nowhere. We’ve had two votes on leaving, the referendum and a general election, yet our elected representatives cannot do what the country has requested. Believe we should just go, deal or no deal. As with all divorces, there is never a winner and short term pain is felt on both sides. Let’s face reality, a no deal will affect the EU just as bad if not worse than the UK.
              totally agree, I think also when this decision has been reversed by the establishment, the real problems for all the main parties will begin
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post

totally agree, I think also when this decision has been reversed by the establishment, the real problems for all the main parties will begin
                Make you right there. Will go one of two ways, anarchy on the streets Or apathy with the voting system. Think centre ground will loose and a fight between far right and the corbynisters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post

Agree.Spot on.
                  I don't know whether you have heard about this migrant treaty thing that is being pushed at the moment.
                  I think it's more UN than EU. But basically from what I can gather May is going to sign us up to it, very soon.
                  It's seems that if it's signed up to, the UK will have even more people flooding through our borders, and this when the
                  appeaser is (laughably) pushing this end of FOM. So no wonder the EU let her have an end to that,because they'll
                  come in another way, anyway.

Comment

• simple way to fix migrant problem. we show them pics of jaywick essex and say this is what uk is like,they soon turn back.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Agree.Spot on.
                      I don't know whether you have heard about this migrant treaty thing that is being pushed at the moment.
                      I think it's more UN than EU. But basically from what I can gather May is going to sign us up to it, very soon.
                      It's seems that if it's signed up to, the UK will have even more people flooding through our borders, and this when the
                      appeaser is (laughably) pushing this end of FOM. So no wonder the EU let her have an end to that,because they'll
                      come in another way, anyway.
                      Sounds a bit of tall order. Where did you hear this?

Comment

• Originally posted by fisnik View Post

Sounds a bit of tall order. Where did you hear this?
                        https://refugeesmigrants.un.org/migration-compact

https://refugeesmigrants.un.org/site..._migration.pdf

Read and weep.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• All it says is more cooperation around migration. Nothing about freedom of movement as it was suggested. Certainly no freedom of movement amongst all of UN which is 193 countries. It's not like someone from Gambia will be able to come, live and work here without a visa.

Trouble with the immigration crisis especially the routes coming in through North Africa is that we need a lot of cooperation amongst countries in order to stop/reduce it. If it was up to me I'd start towing the boats back (Safely!) to Lybia or wherever. They would soon stop if they got no-where. But we would need that country's cooperation and make it worth their while. Look at what happen with the Turkey route. As soon as the EU and Turkey came to an agreement that route dried up. Or look at the Australia example. They had boats coming from Indonesia and they managed to sort that by taking the boats to some pacific island which they made an agreement with.

Trouble is people look for easy solutions and sensationalism. No complex problem was ever solved without thinking about it deeply and carefully.

Comment

All it says is more cooperation around migration. Nothing about freedom of movement as it was suggested. Certainly no freedom of movement amongst all of UN which is 193 countries. It's not like someone from Gambia will be able to come, live and work here without a visa.

Trouble with the immigration crisis especially the routes coming in through North Africa is that we need a lot of cooperation amongst countries in order to stop/reduce it. If it was up to me I'd start towing the boats back (Safely!) to Lybia or wherever. They would soon stop if they got no-where. But we would need that country's cooperation and make it worth their while. Look at what happen with the Turkey route. As soon as the EU and Turkey came to an agreement that route dried up. Or look at the Australia example. They had boats coming from Indonesia and they managed to sort that by taking the boats to some pacific island which they made an agreement with.

Trouble is people look for easy solutions and sensationalism. No complex problem was ever solved without thinking about it deeply and carefully.
                            I am still weeping. Even the Swedish! journalists are afraid that it will undermine the freedom of the press.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

I am still weeping. Even the Swedish! journalists are afraid that it will undermine the freedom of the press.
                              From page 24: "Promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internetbased information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media"

Comment

All it says is more cooperation around migration. Nothing about freedom of movement as it was suggested. Certainly no freedom of movement amongst all of UN which is 193 countries. It's not like someone from Gambia will be able to come, live and work here without a visa.

We are in the EU, yet a fellow EU country that is France allow these migrants passage through their country to assemble around the channel ports to try to gain illegal passage to the UK. Why are the French not doing more? Surely France is a place of safety. Start towing boats back to France from the channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X