NHL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Ouch. They better win tonight then. Just one win so far and Toronto looks unbeatable ..
    3-2 with Domi getting his 1st goal of the season on the first shot of the game
    Still plenty of time to hit form, where as The Leafs are a young team and no guarantee they can cope with injuries and fitness levels in what is going to be a long season.
    Looking forward to Saturday night.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

The Blues lost to the Leafs, but with only one goal. Not bad, but a season ago we were actually just as good as Nashville Predators,..Not sure what happended there really. Jake Allen our goalie is not all that they say. But on the whole, to me it seems like our confidence has gone.
      On a side note: The Canadian teams picks up a lot of point so far...
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Leafs were very poor last night. Game didn't really come to life until 3rd period.
        Blues goalie was solid, Tyler Bozak usually takes a month or 2 of a new season to get going, so the future is looking a lot brighter for The Blues.
        Once Tyler hits form, you will have a great player.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Ok.,Tyler Bozak was one of our most important signings ahead of the season. And when you say he is a slow starter, I feel he is what we need (LOL. thing is; Last year we opened bright, but finished poor. Ouch.

QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I was gutted when Tyler left as he is a great player, but I understood they had to make room due to the wage cap with Traveres coming in and a big contract for Auston Matthews.
            Also, negotiations are still ongoing for William Nylander. If they can tie Nylander down, the Leafs will go deep into the post season.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I see what you mean regarding Bozak. In fact It came as a surprise that he came to us. St. Louis is not a city which easily attract players and their families these days sadly. I think Traveres(?) was a player many a team wanted, St.Louis Blues also. Nylander, the Swede, must be a great player to have although he must be getting on a bit now..
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

It's William Nylander, I think you are thinking of his dad, Michael. William is only 22.
                William is really fast and links up really well with Matthews.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  It's William Nylander, I think you are thinking of his dad, Michael. William is only 22.
                  William is really fast and links up really well with Matthews.
                  You are spot on. I will look out for him the next time I watch TML on telly.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

St. Louis Blues - Las Vegas 5-3. Thursday.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

That was a good game.
                      Auston Matthews out for a month is really showing the lack of depth in The Leafs squad.
                      Hopefully they can sign Nylander quick.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

That was a good game.
                        Auston Matthews out for a month is really showing the lack of depth in The Leafs squad.
                        Hopefully they can sign Nylander quick.

Fingers crossed!!

QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

I wanted to hate it as american sport is utter sh it but went to an u23's game which was very competitive and lively. Found myself enjoying it. Seattle v Calgary. Calgary won but the americans only decent game. Wanted to see canucks as they would be my team but they didn't play that wkend oh and got to see a good punch up
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Will say weird how the Americans go about supporting there team. Your mum sucks eggs was one shout, no swearing at all
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Have to agree Weare, the chants do seem a bit cringeworthy at times. Almost as annoying as those loud kids in the comms box this past Saturday.

To be honest, it was the fighting that attracted me to hockey originally, there would usually be at least a couple of fights per period, big lumps, on skates lumping each other, amazing
                              Past few seasons they have almost eliminated all fighting, if you're lucky, you may get 1 fight a game these days in The NHL.
                              I watch a fair bit of OHL (Ontario Hockey League), these days, and they still enjoy the odd fight.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Have to agree Weare, the chants do seem a bit cringeworthy at times. Almost as annoying as those loud kids in the comms box this past Saturday.

To be honest, it was the fighting that attracted me to hockey originally, there would usually be at least a couple of fights per period, big lumps, on skates lumping each other, amazing
                                Past few seasons they have almost eliminated all fighting, if you're lucky, you may get 1 fight a game these days in The NHL.
                                I watch a fair bit of OHL (Ontario Hockey League), these days, and they still enjoy the odd fight.
                                On a flight to Seattle earlier this year, I watched a fascinating documentary on NHL enforcers and their roles within the teams and how it doesn't really exist anymore...... I think it was called 'ice guardians' or something like that.

Cracking watch!

Comment

Working...
                                X