No announcement yet.

ban the burka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes 100%. there's various reasons why women have to wear it in the quran, 1 being because only their husbands should see them uncovered and so they can be devoted only to him (and thus not anyone else) and 2, because it somehow protects them from gazing eyes.

it's a tool of oppression that's for sure. don't get me wrong there are women who believe that wearing one makes them more in line with islamic ideals (even though only the ahadith's say to wear a burka many women choose to wear one because the prophet muhammad had his wives wearing them and muslims are supposed to emulate him) but it as a whole is a tool used to deny women basic human rights and interaction with men or even nonmuslims.
    i do a lot of vollunteering with exmuslim groups like the council of exmuslims and i hear horror stories on a daily basis about apostate's who're still in the closet to their family regarding their faith and have to wear the burka.

i have no issue with muslims as a whole, they're just people at the end of the day but imo islam can be pretty evil and intolerant, especially towards minorities and women. muslims aren't going anywhere anytime soon nor should they be kicked out of the country as that's just pure evil but there are many muslims who refuse to integrate into the uk and form their own communities instead. other minorities like sikh's, hindu's and jew's have all managed to successfully balance religion and british values but some muslims don't which is something the government really needs to step up and deal with as it is starting to get out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      there are women who believe that wearing one makes them more in line with islamic ideals
      Only because they have been brainwashed (and oppressed) since birth into believing such evil patriarchal claptrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

And if you go in a bank with a mask on seee what happens but with a burka
        You're right Bill.......... until the police get to grips with the epidemic of burka clad women robbing banks we really need to ban them.....

Comment

I think nuns should be banned as well.Especially the ones with sunglasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Only because they have been brainwashed (and oppressed) since birth into believing such evil patriarchal claptrap.
            Not sure you can blame it all on the patriarcal side of things. Funny that this comes from me who is a woman, but anyway! ;)
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Not sure you can blame it all on the patriarcal side of things.
              Never said 'all', but what else would you blame it on Shania?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Never said 'all', but what else would you blame it on Shania?
                That is a difficult question, but too many female muslims do still hate western values, Some years ago, I thought the new generation would be less conservative, but this has not happened. However, I would not blame it entirely on them. One expalnation, could be that we western women have not impressed them, when it comes to morale and lack of stable familiy values. Just a thought...
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

All right then.....when was the last time you saw someone in a burqa driving a bus?

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                    All right then.....when was the last time you saw someone in a burqa driving a bus?

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

You're right Bill.......... until the police get to grips with the epidemic of burka clad women robbing banks we really need to ban them.....
                        Not sure if your being flipant but you ever been in a bank raid?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                          Very fetching love it

Comment

Very fetching love it
                            I could be wrong, but I'm sure one of our Ozzie members can confirm, but I was led to believe that was an actual crossing guard (lollipop lady) in Australia.
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Not sure if your being flipant but you ever been in a bank raid?
                              Not flippant... sarcastic.

slightly strange second question, I assume you mean ‘in a bank raid’ as a victim.... so, no

Comment

my wife works for well known bank in a raid few years back totally traumatised .

So my point is you go to the counter in a burka no questions asked but anything else you have to remove it
                                frigging joke

Comment

Working...
                                X