ban the burka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    my wife works for well known bank in a raid few years back totally traumatised .

So my point is you go to the counter in a burka no questions asked but anything else you have to remove it
    frigging joke
    That is a terrible thing that your wife experienced..... wouldn't wish that on anyone.

So your reasons for placing this thread are related to security in places like banks....... I see the burka as a bad thing because it can seem as a tool of oppression on women.

Boris Johnsons comments on the burka are not based on any other reason other than appealing to a certain demograph who don't like brown people.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
      Boris Johnsons comments on the burka are not based on any other reason other than appealing to a certain demograph who don't like brown people.
      And yet his article actually spoke out against banning the burqa...

Comment

Could we just ban the people inside them too?.............Too much?

Comment

I don't have a problem with brown people Johnny!!..........

Oh #### hang on I'm having second thoughts!

Comment

I heard a discussion on the radio last week about the burka and someone defending it said women have the right to wear what they want. Why then were grid girls and walk on girls banned? What痴 the difference. Surely those girls had a right to wear what they want
            I知 not for the burka or against it, I知 not sure how I feel about it I just know that more and more I see and hear things that tell me you can have opinions about anything other than Islam. You mention anything against Islam and you are vilified. And Our government the MSM and Police are the worst of the lot

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
              You mention anything against Islam and you are vilified.
              And yet it's totally acceptable for Christianity and Catholicism to be mocked and ridiculed. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. isn't it?

Comment

I just know that more and more I see and hear things that tell me you can have opinions about anything other than Islam. You mention anything against Islam and you are vilified. And Our government the MSM and Police are the worst of the lot
                And they wonder how these situations arise.

Idiots.

Comment

I heard a discussion on the radio last week about the burka and someone defending it said women have the right to wear what they want. Why then were grid girls and walk on girls banned? What痴 the difference. Surely those girls had a right to wear what they want
                  I知 not for the burka or against it, I知 not sure how I feel about it I just know that more and more I see and hear things that tell me you can have opinions about anything other than Islam. You mention anything against Islam and you are vilified. And Our government the MSM and Police are the worst of the lot
                  good post dave

Comment

Exactly this.
                    This is England,our government for far to long have layed down when it comes to protecting our culture and customs.

Comment

Probably would have agreed with you if you had stated that grid girls,walk on girls and burkas are ALL male tools of repression on women.

The only slight difference is that grid girls/ walk on girls were always sexualising and demeaning to women whereas a woman may choose for religious reasons to wear a burka

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                        The only slight difference is that grid girls/ walk on girls were always sexualising and demeaning to women whereas a woman may choose for religious reasons to wear a burka
                        That's a false equivalence argument Johnny, for several reasons:

1) The grid girls would be being deprived of an income if such employment was banned, an income they might be totally dependent on.

2) Not all but a significant proportion of these girls genuinely ENJOY the work, regardless of whether some deem it as sexualising or objectifying them, therefore they certainly would not feel in any way demeaned by their job.

3) You fail to acknowledge that a large proportion of Muslim women are forced to wear the burka under threat of ostracisation (or even violence) from their family and/or community. Indeed in some states apostasy can be punishable by execution under Fatwa. Furthermore for other Muslim women it would be absurd to suggest they have a 'choice' in the matter when they've been indoctrinated into such practices from birth, again in a highly patriarchal religion. So in fact many have no actual 'choice' at all.
                        Last edited by Stanley; 18-08-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

That's a false equivalence argument Johnny, for several reasons:

1) The grid girls would be being deprived of an income if such employment was banned, an income they might be totally dependent on.

2) Not all but a significant proportion of these girls genuinely ENJOY the work, regardless of whether some deem it as sexualising or objectifying them, therefore they certainly would not feel in any way demeaned by their job.

3) You fail to acknowledge that a large proportion of Muslim women are forced to wear the burka under threat of ostracisation (or even violence) from their family and/or community. Indeed in some states apostasy can be punishable by execution under Fatwa. Furthermore for other Muslim women it would be absurd to suggest they have a 'choice' in the matter when they've been indoctrinated into such practices from birth, again in a highly patriarchal religion. So in fact many have no actual 'choice' at all.
                          Very true but quite ironic the clothes the wear underneath them

Comment

Working...
                          X