No announcement yet.

A "nice" Leftie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The disgraceful reptile that is Peter Mandelson.

How someone like that ever becomes a Lord, is beyond me. I would have thought that his proven offence of mortgage fraud to fund the purchase of a property with the help from his wealthy friend, was enough to disqualify him.

I guess once you are wealthy enough that you’ll never need to worry about money again, it’s quite easy to speak out in support of the poorer members of society.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      The disgraceful reptile that is Peter Mandelson.

How someone like that ever becomes a Lord, is beyond me. I would have thought that his proven offence of mortgage fraud to fund the purchase of a property with the help from his wealthy friend, was enough to disqualify him.

I guess once you are wealthy enough that you’ll never need to worry about money again, it’s quite easy to speak out in support of the poorer members of society.
      Peter mandelson you say? I raise you a Lord Archer
      of Weston-super-Mare

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Peter mandelson you say? I raise you a Lord Archer
        of Weston-super-Mare
        Oh, I agree. But he wasn’t a “leftie”.

Comment

No he was def rightie or centre-y.....nah actually just c##ty

Comment

There's plenty of nice lefties. There are plenty of not nice righties. Why play into the divide and rule agenda? Left and right in modern politics are what is known as a false dichotomy - designed to get people at each other through crude labelling. Bottom line, we're individuals, neither right or left... some people are decent, some are arseh0les.... c'est la vie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              There's plenty of nice lefties. There are plenty of not nice righties. Why play into the divide and rule agenda? Left and right in modern politics are what is known as a false dichotomy - designed to get people at each other through crude labelling. Bottom line, we're individuals, neither right or left... some people are decent, some are arseh0les.... c'est la vie.
              Well said Hubs! And spoken like a genuinely nice leftie

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Well said Hubs! And spoken like a genuinely nice leftie
                "Bottom line, we're individuals, neither right or left"
                What hubble didn't say was though the right are right!..That's why they're called the right

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

What hubble didn't say was though the right are right!..That's why they're called the right
                  That's awful Dave.......even by your low standards

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Politics is way too tribal for my liking these days.

I guess if 100 of us were sat down in a room and asked our opinions on 10 subjects, I would be very surprisd if we didn’t all majorly disagree with everyone on at least a couple of things.

It’s quite clear to me that Hubs, whilst being a confirmed Leftie, is genuine in his beliefs and truly understands them. Same applies to similarly principled folk on the right. It’s a great shame that the good parts of either side can’t be embraced and the unpleasant bits ditched. It is possible, but highly unlikely with a two party system and a huge proportion of our politicians who are so stupid that they feel the need to win every argument at all costs.

Brexit illustrates the point perfectly. You’ve got the Tories winning almost every vote with a minority government. And you have Labour’s official position of opposing absolutely everything, simply in an attempt to bring down the government, but with absolutely no regard to the problems that this approach causes. No fan of Theresa May, I think she is proving to be weaker than her idiot predecessor, but she is getting absolutely no help from her opponents.

Hopefully, one day, they’ll all grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

That's awful Dave.......even by your low standards

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        No not divide and rule just a casual and humourous observation.I genuinely have never met a nice lefty - or a nice South African.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

a good 90% of the fellas i went to college with didn't have a clue about anything but skunk god help anyone that gives any of them a job
                          Richmond College. The Cow Shed days

Comment

One of the things I loved about LR was the incredibly mixed constituency, plenty of left and right, black and white, the reasonably sane and the floridly deranged all under one banner.

Mind you, that was the old Loft Balcony..... I never sensed that same diversity and eccentricity elsewhere.

Comment

What a nice man is Mr. Bone.
                              https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...annys-pay.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                                What an absolutely despicable and disgusting individual.

Comment

Working...
                                X