Pinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkie

Recently, there have been a few members asking about the whereabouts of Pinkie. The following I have been holding back on posting, as I agreed with Myu, prior to him disappearing a while back, that I would stay out of this disagreement & allow him to discuss the issue in more detail with the two admins who are involved. We are now at a point, where we have lost all contact with Myu, & although we are confident he will return, I am unable to keep avoiding questions that I am asked on here & elsewhere.
    The fact new members who have any similar posting styles to Pinkie or ask what has happened to Pinkie, either get banned or have their posts deleted, does not sit well with me. Conducting such enquiries in private via PMs looks as if people have something to hide. I have known BrightonR & Stanley on here for quite a few years, & they are both decent guys, who I believe are not trying to hide anything, but to the neutral, it does look suspicious.
    I would like to start off by stating, that as an admin/mod team, we do not always see eye to eye on all matters. The site owner (Myu), put together a team that comes from various different walks of life, to insure that we are able to cover a broad spectrum of issues & enquiries that may arise.
    The one thing that the admin/mod team do have in common, is a very passionate affiliation with all things QPR.
    This means that we are usually able to give an unbiased view on most issues, on the very rare occasion in the past when we did not all agree on an issue, we would take a vote.
    Prior to Pinkies ban, the site owner announced that he wanted to try something a bit different in an attempt to increase site traffic. This first led to the ban amnesty, and then for a more laid back approach to moderating to encourage more banter. The site owner had always respected all of our views & allowed us to implement most ideas. Obviously, with the increase in social media taking the place of forums, changes had to be made to insure our survival.
    As most are aware, there has been an ongoing issue between two admins & a member: (Stanley & BrightonR) and Pinkie. When we took on our roles as admins/mods, it was always made clear that we would continue to post as regular members. As some of you would have seen prior to Pinkies ban, Brighton & Stanley views about Ollie were the bipolar opposite of Pinkies. This led to some heated debates between the three of them.
    Stanley & I spoke on the phone a while back for some time in an attempt to try & resolve this issue, but to no avail. We discussed at great length in our staff section of the forum, but again, we could not agree. To be clear, as a team, we have not had a falling out. BrightonR & Stanley want this resolved as much as Pinkie does.
    I am not going to go into in-depth detail as to why Pinkie was banned, as it would turn this post into an extract from war & peace; but I will go as far to say that the majority of the issue was mis-communication. Pinkie had messaged me about his posts being edited, I was driving at the time & asked Myu if he knew anything about this, Myu replied back a while later & said yes they had, I replied back to Pinkie advising him they had & I didn’t know why. This led to accusation’s being thrown around.
    As most of you will know, I have had my fair share of run in’s with members over the years, none of us are angels. But I truly believe this issue has dragged on far too long & has caused a slight divide which is not helping the forum. The fact that this was caused through mis-communication, makes the matter far worse.
    Stanley & BrightonR (Who are currently stood down as Admins, while this is being looked into), want an apology from Pinkie; Pinkie doesn’t feel he needs to apologise, as he was responding based on incorrect information received.
    I can see this from both sides, yes insults were banded about, and IMO neither party covered themselves in glory.
    I believe some sort of agreement needs to be made, I don’t believe for one second that Pinkie, BrightonR & Stanley would dislike each other in the real World. Also, it would be good to have both Stanley & BrightonR back on full admin duties with the new season looming.
    Finally, please accept my apologies if you were one of the members who had contacted me for info on this issue & never received a reply. As stated above, I was trying to stay out of the issue & allow those involved to resolve the issue with the site owner.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

This is not good Frags. Myu missing, Brighton and Stanley stood down. Over 1 member who was causing trouble?

I saw it coming a mile off the day Pinkie got banned. I even messaged Westy about an hour before it happened preempting it. I don't think you guys have anything to feel guilty about, he'd been warned a ton of times. And I think it's a real shame that you've let something like this cause a rift amongst the Admin/Mod team.

I really hope you guys can sort out your differences sooner rather than later.

Comment

Tarbs, as I stated in OP, we have not had a falling out or a rift, just a difference of opinion.
      If there had not been a miscommunication amongst our team, (which I hold my hands upto: I should of not replied to Pinkie until I was in a position to investigate properly), then this issue I believe would not of escalated in the way it did.
      There has been other factors, which I am currently not at liberty to discuss openly.
      I know there is no love lost between Pinkie and yourself, and I know there was a few members who didn't agree with his views. But if we was to ban people for having a difference of opinion to the majority, we would not have many members left.
      Pinkie backed our club manager vigorously, and as you know, I was not an Ollie the manager fan myself, but I respect everyone's views, regardless of my own opinion.
      The fact the site owner had requested a more liberal approach towards moderating, in an attempt to increase banter, would suggest that we didn't cover ourselves in glory in how we dealt with this issue.
      Brights had requested to have all questions in reference to this, channeled via PM, and he even went as far as to publicly post his mobile for anyone who wanted any further information, as he believed most members were bored of reading about this.
      The fact we have had a few ask questions recently on the forum, and the fact I have received numerous messages myself, would suggest there are still some that want further clarification.
      I could no longer continue to ignore these messages.
      At the end of the day, we are all Rs, we are a dieing breed, and really should not be falling out over something like this.
      Yes, insults were banded about, but this was based on misinformation.
      Surely a compromise can and should be met, but more importantly, I don't want members thinking this is a cover up, when it is not, so by discussing openly, we can let everyone know that there is no hidden agenda, and regardless of a members views, all opinions should be welcomed, as long as they are within the forums rules.
      As regular members, you have the ability to ignore certain members if you wish to (if the ignore function is still acting up, you can just choose not to read any post that winds you up).
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I'm admin of a non-QPR related forum on Facebook mate, so I know how it is. In my experience, you can't please everyone all the time, and sometimes you need to ban people.

You say there is no love loss between me an Pinkie, but I never saw it that way. Struck me as a decent fella, albeit with a very different view on the world than me. But the day he got banned I felt he went looking for it. He'd been picking a fight with the 2 admins in question for some time and it was only gonna end 1 way from what I saw.

Anyway, enough said on that. Hope to see Brighton, Stanley and Myu back here sooner rather than later.

Comment

With regard to your first post Fraggy, I’d say that was a pretty fair and accurate account.

Unfortunately, it’s this bit that is the root of the problem, nothing else.

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Stanley & BrightonR (Who are currently stood down as Admins, while this is being looked into), want an apology from Pinkie; Pinkie doesnt feel he needs to apologise, as he was responding based on incorrect information received.
          Just because Pinkie was responding based upon incorrect information, does not give him the right to call Stanley or myself liars, or accuse us of editing his posts for nefarious reasons. It may not seem a big issue on the face of it, but as we have seen, it has led to people questioning our behaviour. This is completely borne out by the fact that in your next post, you refer to people still asking you for info, when I have offered to inform them of the facts via both PM and over the phone.

I can only assume from this that for some reason, they don’t feel that they would get the truth from me. And I have to wonder why. For me, the whole issue has ruined what used to be a fun forum, where almost all banter was allowed, provided it was within certain limits. Your point about MYU wanting to relax the rules is a good one and very interesting. As you know yourself, the vast majority of ANY censorship at all was not down to individuals, but in an effort to stop this site losing it’s sole source of revenue. Or put another way, to maintain this sites very existence.

As we are on the subject, possibly now is as good a time as any for me to correct some other nonsense that was stated by certain people. Stanley and I decided to resign as admins for one reason only, as you are aware. That being that after many years of helping out and doing whatever we could to help, when a relatively new member started to throw around untrue accusations, rather than simply put them right, not once did we get the backing that we asked for. There was never any bullying, how utterly ridiculous. All that was stated was that either MYU backs us, or we stand down. He failed to back us. This rather disappointing fact then led Bluehoop to resign also, almost immediately in fact, in support.

No need for me to comment on other stuff now, other than to point out that this is exactly why we didn’t wish to get into a big discussion about it publicly. Such a shame that so many people kept harping on about it, despite being asked not to.

I’m not going to fall out with either you or anybody else over this, but under the circumstances, I felt the need to explain my position. I don’t like the fact that a member falsely accused Stanley of certain things which he hadn’t done. Neither do I appreciate being told that I’m lying too, when making a genuine effort to attempt to explain things. Nor am I particularly happy about such accusation being repeated again and again. But the thing that has disappointed me more than anything, was MYU and to a lesser extent yourself, not being willing to both publicly or privately tell one relatively new member, that he was wrong, that we would never have done anything like was suggested and that he should apologise.

Comment

Oh, me too Tarbs.

Comment

Nice one Fraggy ,good to see you putting things out in the open .
              Hate seeing posts and threads deleted by admin on here ,smacks of Big Brother ( Even though , to be fair , Brights put his number up to explain things , it still dosnt stand well )
              id like to see Brighton , Stanley and MYU back too along with Pinkie ................Sort it out lads ,were all adults
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I rarely post on here so i do feel im sticking my nose is somewhat but i do speak from time to time with pinkie via soundcloud . I did try and help and find out what was going on but my post was deleted by Brighton. He sent me a message explaining why without going into too much detail and that he feels Pinkie needed to apologise. Not sure Pinkie was told this before he got banned. A ban seems harsh when all Pinkie said was Stan likes an edit. Completely agree with Fraggy and Vespa, all a bit big brother. . I can understand if he was a Che***a fan and was deliberately trolling but this is just a QPR forum for all QPR fans not some exclusive club. Like i mentioned before on my post that was deleted (and again sorry blob) LFW has a quite high tolerance for banter and wind ups and it takes to posters threatening to shoot each other before Clive steps in. All this seems a bit unnessaccary especially when it involves a poster like Pinkie who is obviously valued by others on here. He's a top bloke imo and WATRB is worse off for not having him around. You need banter on a forum and characters otherwise it just gets dull. Anyway lets hope this gets sorted before the new season starts.. U RRR'S

Comment

Originally posted by PunteR View Post
                  I rarely post on here so i do feel im sticking my nose is somewhat but i do speak from time to time with pinkie via soundcloud . I did try and help and find out what was going on but my post was deleted by Brighton. He sent me a message explaining why without going into too much detail and that he feels Pinkie needed to apologise. Not sure Pinkie was told this before he got banned. A ban seems harsh when all Pinkie said was Stan likes an edit. Completely agree with Fraggy and Vespa, all a bit big brother. . I can understand if he was a Che***a fan and was deliberately trolling but this is just a QPR forum for all QPR fans not some exclusive club. Like i mentioned before on my post that was deleted (and again sorry blob) LFW has a quite high tolerance for banter and wind ups and it takes to posters threatening to shoot each other before Clive steps in. All this seems a bit unnessaccary especially when it involves a poster like Pinkie who is obviously valued by others on here. He's a top bloke imo and WATRB is worse off for not having him around. You need banter on a forum and characters otherwise it just gets dull. Anyway lets hope this gets sorted before the new season starts.. U RRR'S
                  Yeah, Pinkie said a lot worse than Stanley likes an edit to be fair mate. But as you say, maybe you ain't on here so much.

Comment

I being a poster of past indiscretions and all round sinner, have found Brighton whom
                    I rather stupidly on reflection fell out with, to be a fair decent and lets face it forgiving fella.
                    Stanley I like to think I have never had a prob with, is a super admin.
                    Both deserve respect for some of the sh*t that i and others have flung around on here.
                    Hope they get reinstated asap.

Other admin are nice too..........

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      I being a poster of past indiscretions and all round sinner, have found Brighton whom
                      I rather stupidly on reflection fell out with, to be a fair decent and lets face it forgiving fella.
                      Stanley I like to think I have never had a prob with, is a super admin.
                      Both deserve respect for some of the sh*t that i and others have flung around on here.
                      Hope they get reinstated asap.

Other admin are nice too..........
                      Someones obviously hacked Daves account ! Free the real Dave !!
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I just come across this thread. i probably clashed with Pinks more then any other poster and his views on ollie were to the extreme but he was passionate about the club and manager, his only flaw was he was unable or unwilling to even entertain any negatives of Ollie. Saying that we still got on and on occasions we would PM so I actually liked him

the Admin however are key to this site as without them there is no messageboard so if someone has to fall so it continues then it does seem fair it’s posters who push the boundaries to far. I think the admin do a great job as it’s a role where there is no middle ground as you can’t keep everyone happy and I take this oppportunity to apologise if I have ever made life hard for you and thank you for your efforts.

I hope all get back posting ASAP, including Ollie, as it’s new season and a blank sheet and there is genuine excitement about coming season it would be good we can all enjoy together

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

Someones obviously hacked Daves account ! Free the real Dave !!
                          ..I've come back all touchy feely Vesps, tis the therapy

being in watrb prison...........The b**tards have changed me.....I'll try harder

Comment

Originally posted by PunteR View Post
                            What post was that mate?
                            Clive is very selective about his interventions.I took acres of dog's abuse before I reacted to it and was subsequently tarred with the same brush.The "conversation" got deleted and hardly anybody saw the gist although everybody became suddenly well versed.I'm still bitter about the treatment as I kept that poxy site going almost singlehandedly at times.If your political face doesn't fit then you're on a right old loser - Discodroid got some of the treatment early in his LFW career.
                            I hope there's a bit more balance on here,and no so much vindictiveness.I've not seen quite so much Clive-esque sycophancy on here,and long may that continue.

Comment

Had run in with Pinks every 5 mins BUT ITS AN INTERNET FORUM.... this is what they do.....

Far more interesting is whats happened to MYU......

Comment

Working...
                              X