No announcement yet.

coming clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First things first absolutely massive respect for admitting you have an issue. That's the biggest step.

It sounds like you've been very honest in your assessment, you've got a supportive family and partner. The fact you work also is a big positive. You don't want to be looking for jobs or attending interviews whilst in the midst of a smoking habit.

Just keep reminding yourself of all the positive things you have around you & the fact there really is no need to puff. Keep yourself busy with a run or a swim or even a nice walk with your Mrs. Out in the fresh air stretching the legs. Nothing better.

I think you're gonna be ok mate. Stick to what you're doing & if you get the urge just leave your phone at home so you can't call anyone and go for a walk somewhere. Keep going mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      Corbs, you have already done the hard part - admitting it to yourself. Sharing with others is a huge positive step also so congratulations to you.

Whilst there are obvious differences, giving up any addiction is a challenge. I conquered my 35 year, 40 a day habit back in the summer and it was the most liberating experience of my life.

Can I recommend a bit of reading for you? A book called The Easy Way by Alan Carr (no not that one) It focuses mainly on nicotine addition but addresses drugs of all types and the methods are amazingly effective.

Whatever you do, I wish you luck and Stanley's post above is an excellent idea
      especially the first sentence,i wish you all the best
      in your battle and as you know you will have very tough days but stay strong
      and with the supporf of your nearest and dearest you will come through.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        Corbs, you have already done the hard part - admitting it to yourself. Sharing with others is a huge positive step also so congratulations to you.

Whilst there are obvious differences, giving up any addiction is a challenge. I conquered my 35 year, 40 a day habit back in the summer and it was the most liberating experience of my life.

Can I recommend a bit of reading for you? A book called The Easy Way by Alan Carr (no not that one) It focuses mainly on nicotine addition but addresses drugs of all types and the methods are amazingly effective.

Whatever you do, I wish you luck and Stanley's post above is an excellent idea
        God can you imagine, a self help book by him,....be enough to drive you to drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          That stuff tends to give you up, not the other way around. Paranoia starts and it stops.
          Pretty much nail on head mate.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Well done Corbs.
            Seeing as we are all sharing, I started smoking weed and hash around 12 years of age.
            By the time I was in my late teens, I was smoking all day everyday. Joint in bed before sleep and finish it on the morning before getting out of bed.
            Road trips, I would pre roll a bunch.
            Being high or stoned is basically feeling different. I smoked so much that being under the influence became the norm.
            When I moved over here 12 years ago, I knew I would have to slow down. I reduced my habit to just a few joints a day.
            About 10 years ago, I stopped for a whole year. The only difference I noticed, was I smoked more fags and my eyesight got bad.
            As others have mentioned, if you roll a joint with tobacco, its the nicotine that is calling you, not the weed.
            I'm now 51 and I smoke half a joint before bed every night. I have a series of back injuries that had me on some evil painkillers, I find by having a quick puff before bed I don't need the painkillers.
            As some may be aware, cannabis is about to be legalized here in Canada, the only issue is the government are going to be charging more than a street dealer.
            At the end of the day we are all different, the fact you are only 25 and you have the maturity to stand up and say enough, speaks volumes to your maturity level.
            My habit which was excessively expensive, now only costs me about 50 quid every 3 months.
            My biggest challenge is to give up nicotine, maybe I will take a leaf out of your book Corbs and take that plunge sooner rather than later
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

well done corbs , i've been in recovery for many years , don't know if u have AA or NA in bracknell but believe me it saves lives , if u do go u will find friendly people their that are willing to help , in london we're spoilt for meetings... god bless u

Comment

Working...
              X