X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t hold grudges Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
      To be honest 72 , ( i would say " without trying to sound snobby " , but that is what the whole Mod /Casual ethos is ) , you wouldn`t catch me anywhere near a band called " modfather " ! They may be excellent ,and ive missed out ,but the name sends shivers down my spine !
      The men in there late 40s and 50s who still dress like we did hanging round Carnaby St in our youth , missed the point of modernism . But most are only weekend warriors anyway .
      Have to admit i dont know Hidden Charms from the 80s only this lot,
      Modern band .but not too shabby
      it was a bit odd vesp's all fat bald fella's in their parka's , i was just surprised that the the place was rammed , u can listen to hidden charms on you tube song called " run for your money" and " i'm fine "

Comment

Get yourself a bit of Paul Smith WeAre, do some nice threads.

Bentalls has a decent selection o most of the top brands tbf.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          it was a bit odd vesp's all fat bald fella's in their parka's , i was just surprised that the the place was rammed , u can listen to hidden charms on you tube song called " run for your money" and " i'm fine "
          Chuck on a cheap harrington and some jam shoes and youve got the look !!!! Comedy Mods ,we call them !
          ( i checked out the Hidden Charms stuff ,not really my cuppa , if i go down the 80s revival route ,Makin Time were always my favourites , but i`m more of a Soul / Rocksteady man anyway )
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Chuck on a cheap harrington and some jam shoes and youve got the look !!!! Comedy Mods ,we call them !
            ( i checked out the Hidden Charms stuff ,not really my cuppa , if i go down the 80s revival route ,Makin Time were always my favourites , but i`m more of a Soul / Rocksteady man anyway )
            my mates booked the trojans for the 7th of may in ladbroke grove

Comment

my mates booked the trojans for the 7th of may in ladbroke grove
              Is Gaz still fronting them ? That mans record collection is immense , i used to like a bit of Gazs Rockin Blues nights on a Thursday at St Moritz

Comment

Depends on where you're going and how formal you want to be. Describe the event or situation and you will get more accurate advice.

You could also ask your girlfriend to go shopping with you.
                Last edited by acricketer; 06-04-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Is Gaz still fronting them ? That mans record collection is immense , i used to like a bit of Gazs Rockin Blues nights on a Thursday at St Moritz
                  yes gaz is , used to go to his shop in kensington market my mate nicked a 2 tone suit from him once and sold it back to him the day after , my mates gig is called 'portobello live '

Comment

John Smedley do some very nice jumpers in a wide range of colours. As they don't show a label and simple in style I find they suitably tick the right boxes for the older gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                      John Smedley do some very nice jumpers in a wide range of colours. As they don't show a label and simple in style I find they suitably tick the right boxes for the older gentleman.
                      Youve got to be proper slim with Smedley , an ounce of flab and your knitware looks like a boob tube !

Comment

yes gaz is , used to go to his shop in kensington market my mate nicked a 2 tone suit from him once and sold it back to him the day after , my mates gig is called 'portobello live '
                        I`ll look Portabello Live up, but Grove is well off the plot for us !

Comment

Ma .strum do some nice oversights
                          cp company over stone island these days.
                          plenty of top clobber out there just pick your pieces. And remember they all size up different
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Are you talking about Mickey P mate?

Comment

Yup, still got Gaz Ken Market clobber, he's still on the go, was living down Harrow Road at the Grove Junction, back of the cemetry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Are you talking about Mickey P mate?
                                yes mick pallant do you know him ?
                                Last edited by 72bus; 01-05-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X