Dodgiest pubs you've been in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgiest pubs you've been in

Thinking back to some of the absolute shite holes I've frequented over the years and after thinking about it I've drunk in some right kazi's.

Any of you lads able to name the worst boozers you've been in?

Few of the worst that I can think of that I've been in over the years.

The Wat Tyler on the Ferrier Estate was a lovely place

The Silver Buckle Camberwell

The Dun Cow on the Old Kent Road

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Thinking back to some of the absolute shite holes I've frequented over the years and after thinking about it I've drunk in some right kazi's.

Any of you lads able to name the worst boozers you've been in?

Few of the worst that I can think of that I've been in over the years.

The Wat Tyler on the Ferrier Estate was a lovely place

The Silver Buckle Camberwell

The Dun Cow on the Old Kent Road
    The Wat Tyler had it's advantages - quick escape and jump on a train but, duck me, that was one big khazi.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      The Wat Tyler had it's advantages - quick escape and jump on a train but, duck me, that was one big khazi.
      Wasn't it just blue.

You couldn't roll into pubs round there and take liberties I tell ya. Some tough old cookies scattered around the bar at all hours of the day and night

Comment

Not too many dodgy ones around anymore tbh, all turning into the upmarket gastro pubs selling pots of chilli puffs for £3 a pop or devilled scotch eggs for a 5er.

Remember after Swansea away a few years back (in the PL, think we got done 4-0 or something) we were wandering around trying to find a taxi to get us back to our hotel to spruce up before heading out, and a couple Swansea fans told us to come to their boozer with them & call a cab. We just cracked on without giving it a 2nd thought, but got there and it was a right hole. They had beer pumps but were just pouring cans from the fridge into pint glasses etc Loads of chisel on the tables, the works.

Funnily enough though got on alright with em in there (probably good thing they'd smashed us so they were in a good mood!). Stayed for a few pints, got chatting to some matey who told us his name (just say Dave for want of a name) who said he used to own the gaff. Anyway after our night out, on the way home the next day my pal (busy ####er haha) Googled the pub name and it popped up with an article about the pub and how this Dave fella lost his license to own it after a big tear up when they played Cardiff, he was dishing out full glass bottles and ashtrays from his pub to Swansea fans to do the Cardiff lot

The only place I have been to where I legit felt a little bit uneasy was, funnily enough, to see Jeffro (old poster on here) box at some social club in Peckham. Absolute slum of a place, was located between tower blocks and had the windows barred up and a metal door to enter. That itself is fine, but all the local yoots were congregated outside and round the corners, made for a right moody walk back to the station after I have to admit!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

How's Jeffro doing, proper top lad, always had time for him and most sound bloke on this forum by some way. Be great to get him back, never got to a fight but hope he's having plenty of success
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            How's Jeffro doing, proper top lad, always had time for him and most sound bloke on this forum by some way. Be great to get him back, never got to a fight but hope he's having plenty of success
            I don't know him well at all tbh, but he seems well. He sorted me out a good deal on my new motor bought back end of last year, got a lot of time for him. Saw he lost his last few fights and was talking about jacking it in I think.

Comment

Speak to him regular he's fine and doing ok.

Swansea is a dive end of Matty.

Comment

Glad to hear

Comment

went to Barnsley away, about 5 year ago and LSA coaches stopped off in Rotherham on Market day ,that was an eye opener with the locals,very strange people
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Nice one dazzer, thanks for the update and send him my regards.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

the fountain in deptford

Comment

One in Bridlington that was proper moody, I forget the name. The floor was sticky and there was only natural light coming in. One of those gaffs you walk into and everyone immediately knows you're not a local.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As my mum is scottish, I used to visit quite often and have seen some proper dives and rough houses up there. Most notable memory is walking into a pub when I was about 15/16, immediate silence, looks and stares and then my uncle rings the bell on the bar and announced "this english c##t is with me.....if anyone touches him, I will kill them...." then casually turns to me and says "D'ya wanna coke or something stronger mate?". I just nodded and kept my mouth shut.

Comment

Places nearer to home, The admiral on church street was somewhere I never really enjoyed going

Comment

Bank of England in Manchester.

Comment

Working...
                              X