Let There Be Rock .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
    And on that very ninth day when the acid kiddies had finally gone to bed,God said it's time for the adults to have some fun.

But instead they listened to that?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      But instead they listened to that?

Haha! Not sure how Aphex Twin fits in here CCJ. Blob re. your Kings X vid, I saw them way back in the day when my friend was editor of Metal Hammer magazine. TBH I've never been a fan of heavy metal, if we're talking rock specifically, prefer heavy rock, or...er... just plain rock! And on that note, this'll put hairs on your chest...

Comment

Well yes,heavy rock,blues rock and other derivatives .... but having said that I've been partial toAphex in the past,Windowlicker and Come To Daddy.
        I've been watching/listening to rock from the early sixties,Blues Boom onwards,billions of decibels gone down me lug'oles.(and as a roadie)
        A zep soundalike recently...

Last edited by Blobbers; 16-03-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Haha! Not sure how Aphex Twin fits in here CCJ. Blob re. your Kings X vid, I saw them way back in the day when my friend was editor of Metal Hammer magazine. TBH I've never been a fan of heavy metal, if we're talking rock specifically, prefer heavy rock, or...er... just plain rock! And on that note, this'll put hairs on your chest...

I just wanted to take part in the thread Hud

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I just wanted to take part in the thread Hud
            And you're most welcome mate.
            Croydon is very much a part of rock history.There was The Star Hotel just opposite where The Cartoon is/was.Saw Fleetwood Mac,Jimi Hendrix and Cream there.
            And round the corner was The Mumtaz Indian reestaurant - a must for post gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
              And you're most welcome mate.
              Croydon is very much a part of rock history.There was The Star Hotel just opposite where The Cartoon is/was.Saw Fleetwood Mac,Jimi Hendrix and Cream there.
              And round the corner was The Mumtaz Indian reestaurant - a must for post gigs.
              Yes mate, The Cartoon was quite a rock venue. Back when punk started The Greyhound was a big venue with The Clash, Siouxsie and The Boomtown Rays playing there. I think Queen might have played there but I was too young to have gone to that. The Damned are a Croydon band as well.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well if we're talking Blackmore....

For me, the greatest single live song ever:

Comment

Surely Smoke on the water

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Surely Smoke on the water
                        Matter of taste. Purple fan from early 70s, absolutely love Smoke on the Water, but Burn live in California, that performance just blows me away.

*Note I said live song

Comment

Fair enough Hub, you'll know more about it than me mate

Comment

Early rock geetarists?Mr.Tone himself,Leslie West,with that old '58 Les Paul Junior through a SUNN pa top.Absolutely monstrous live.

Comment

Comment

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B&&FORM=VRDGAR

Comment

Working...
                                X