80s/90s Acid, House 'n' Hip-Hop Choons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PunteR View Post
    Enjoying reading this thread. I wondered where it went ! Yeh deserves its own thread
    I did write a fairly long winded post about my drug taking days but lost it all because i took to long picking a tune from youtube. I had to refresh the page!. Not used to this site yet.
    Anyway probably for the best.
    Here's a tune.
    Loved that track, original (instrumental) was divine to mix, the remix with vocals, forget the womans name (do you want it right now) sent shivers down your spine.
    I could be wrong, but I think the version you posted PunteR was remixed by Darren Emerson.
    Here's my contribution
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      Loved that track, original (instrumental) was divine to mix, the remix with vocals, forget the womans name (do you want it right now) sent shivers down your spine.
      I could be wrong, but I think the version you posted PunteR was remixed by Darren Emerson.
      Here's my contribution
      Urban shakedown. Wicked stuff.
      Darren Emersons mix is on the flipside to the Naked mix which for me was the definitive mix. yeh its a great track that has all the elements you need for a loved up dancefloor. deep groovey baseline and euphoric pianos.
      This tune mixes in nicely with it.

Comment

• Comment

• The following tune is on my funeral playlist; I decided a long time ago that when my time comes, I want people dancing not crying. I originally bought this in Camden Town. The owner of the record shop had just got back from NY and brought back some records with him. Originally he didn't want to sell it to me, but when I threatened to not come back anymore, he gave in
          Every part of this track from the pianos down has been sampled to hell; but it makes my all time top 10.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Just in case anyone was craving to hear all the lyrics from Some Justice; here is where the sample was taken from.
            Had this originally on white label and found it timeless.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Do you want it right now was Sideah Garret and Degrees of Motion frags

https://youtu.be/e7Tk9uKWIRA

https://youtu.be/Z0KlAI7oNtw

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Sideah Garret
                She has a voice from heaven. Her duet with Michael Jackson was spine-tinglingly sublime, but that would be for the soul thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Do you want it right now was Sideah Garret and Degrees of Motion frags

https://youtu.be/e7Tk9uKWIRA

https://youtu.be/Z0KlAI7oNtw
                  Thanks Kev, I knew it was Degrees of Motion, but I couldn't remember her name, amazing voice
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• I know this went a bit mainstream, and may be a bit off topic, but had to post as it was epic for a while on the underground scene before going commercial. Ignore the cr appy rap
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Let's get back on track (pun intended), slow it down a tad and hit up 1988
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• I got handed this at a New Years eve rave we somehow ended up at on the south coast back in the 90s. Still no idea how we got there. It was just a white label given to me by a distributor m8 who was at the rave. He asked me to play it the following week at a gig we were going to be doing back in London.
                        I played it when I got home the next day & thought meh... When I dropped it on a 10K turbo system, I finally realised how frigging deep the bass was; dance floor went mental when the b line dropped. To enjoy it at it's fullest, turn volume to max, drop your treble and turn up ya bass
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Digging deep.

Comment

• Ealing Boulevard was mentioned earlier..
                            This track always always reminds me of that place ,i only went there a couple of times but i first heard this tune there and its stuck with me. Tbh i dont remember much else.

What a label Hooj choons was.. could get Stanley to start a whole new thread on Hooj!..
                            Last edited by PunteR; 08-03-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• PunteR, that is two more from my top 10; Been a long time always got me jumping & Andronicus I searched everywhere for back in the day, & I think it was in Manchester (Madchester) at Piccadilly records where I finally found a copy; Hooj Choons was a great label, went a bit mainstream when Judge Jules remixed a Hooj Choons album for Ministry of Sound in late 90s.
                              I used to mix this with Professional Widow (I had a bootleg mix, the original was a bit cheesy), around mid to late 90s.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                                PunteR, that is two more from my top 10; Been a long time always got me jumping & Andronicus I searched everywhere for back in the day, & I think it was in Manchester (Madchester) at Piccadilly records where I finally found a copy; Hooj Choons was a great label, went a bit mainstream when Judge Jules remixed a Hooj Choons album for Ministry of Sound in late 90s.
                                I used to mix this with Professional Widow (I had a bootleg mix, the original was a bit cheesy), around mid to late 90s.
                                This is my favorite mix of Everytime. Bit trancey bit proggy.. CHOOON

Comment

Working...
                                X