80s/90s Acid, House 'n' Hip-Hop Choons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    Ill have a look tonight CCJ , im always up ,for a bit of House . Theres so many tunes from Fantasy and Friends FM that we had on tape that ive no idea what they were called .
    Even if you don't sign up, have a look mate. The trouble is you can literally spend hours on it. Some of the vids have obviously subsequently been removed from youtube as they no longer work but the majority are still there,

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Dont know what that house 2 house is about mate, think i linked the wrong mix and not the original, but slo moshun was Altern 8 doing a klf style trick the music biz release.
      Loved Altern 8 and their masks, took the 808 to a whole new level.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

This track was on a tape i had but lost. I had loads of recordings of Colin Favors show on Kiss fm (when it was good). I never knew the name of the tune and had been looking for it for years. I somehow stumbled on it via my many searches through
        youtube.
        Its a cracker..

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          So many tears, regretting nothing but the best: lyrical master.
          Saw him live at The Gardening Club in Covent Gdn along with Barbra Tucker (made us put out our fags as the smoke was hurting her throat) and CeCe Rogers who kept hitting on my m8; Someday sample on Mickey Finns Some Justice on the A side and Rough Justice on the B, was an anthem.
          If you want to hear some great early 90s mixes, get over to Pinkies soundcloud page; link is in his signature; some great tunes.
          Just had a quick listen to Pinkie's soundcloud sets. Bloomin brilliant! Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by PunteR View Post
            Just had a quick listen to Pinkie's soundcloud sets. Bloomin brilliant! Thanks for the heads up
            Nice1 punter there should be enough choons on there for you
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              I will have a listen later pinkie

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                I will have a listen later pinkie
                Ha nice1 croydon

Comment

Mate, the mixes are wicked, proper good tunes on there, all vinyl as well. Hat doffed.
                  Ive just started back up mixing myself, nowhere near your standard but i'm gonna try and get some more mixes up on soundcloud. Ive got a stack of vinyl, be great to get some mixes on there.
                  If you dont mind, i'll put a link up to your soundcloud on the LFW Frankie Knuckles thread. They're good lads on there, they'll love and appreciate your mixes mate.

Comment

Mate, the mixes are wicked, proper good tunes on there, all vinyl as well. Hat doffed.
                    Ive just started back up mixing myself, nowhere near your standard but i'm gonna try and get some more mixes up on soundcloud. Ive got a stack of vinyl, be great to get some mixes on there.
                    If you dont mind, i'll put a link up to your soundcloud on the LFW Frankie Knuckles thread. They're good lads on there, they'll love and appreciate your mixes mate.
                    Nice one punter and thanks for having a listen mate,im only average really mate,just love it as my hobby,if youve got decks and the gear ill have to get you playing as i own my own internet station

Comment

First time ive checked your soundcloud Pinkie ,listen to Wrightys sets from 23/2/18 , it was like listening to Fantasy FM all over again ,f uckin wicked . Absolutely loved it.
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Nice one punter and thanks for having a listen mate,im only average really mate,just love it as my hobby,if youve got decks and the gear ill have to get you playing as i own my own internet station
                        Yeh cool, is that Rokagroove radio?
                        Just got 2 decks and a usb two channel pioneer mixer, does me fine . Need an external sound card. I've got a bit of old skool, but the bulk of my records is mainly progressive house from about 92- 99. I've got allsorts in there really though , from Movin' Records to Platipus. I love it all.
                        I missed out on the early raves and warehouse parties but started going out in about 93 SW1 club, club uk, Leisure lounge, Satellite, Bagleys, Peach, Strawberry Sundaes.. oi oi
                        Anyway.. nice to meet you fellas on this forum. I'll keep an eye out for more of your mixes plus your internet station.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          First time ive checked your soundcloud Pinkie ,listen to Wrightys sets from 23/2/18 , it was like listening to Fantasy FM all over again ,f uckin wicked . Absolutely loved it.
                          Nice1 vesps cant beat the old fantasy fm tapes

Comment

Just got 2 decks and a usb two channel pioneer mixer, does me fine . Need an external sound card. I've got a bit of old skool, but the bulk of my records is mainly progressive house from about 92- 99. I've got allsorts in there really though , from Movin' Records to Platipus. I love it all.
                            I missed out on the early raves and warehouse parties but started going out in about 93 SW1 club, club uk, Leisure lounge, Satellite, Bagleys, Peach, Strawberry Sundaes.. oi oi
                            Anyway.. nice to meet you fellas on this forum. I'll keep an eye out for more of your mixes plus your internet station.
                            I used to go to Peach, Strawberry Sundays, Bagleys, Sunny Side Up, Mind over Matter etc. on the regular. Maybe a few years after you, more around 1999-2001. Then got back into it again a few years later, music had changed a bit and used to knock around Turnmills, the Cross, the Key etc. as well as some of Brighton clubs like Concorde and Honey Club.

Miss those days........although at the same time, glad I've left them behind if you know what I mean?!!

Comment

Was also attending all those clubs around the same time. Bagleys in Kings X kn Saturday nights was crazy, Friday nights was a smaller event, I think it was called The Bunker or something like that. Club UK wasn't too bad, like a less posh version of MOS. SW1 brought in a bunch of tourists; then Labyrinth was proper hardcore; Rage at Heaven in Charing Cross on a Thursday night was where we started our weekend.
                              Then the Crypt and sometimes The Fridge in Brixton put on the odd event.
                              There was a club in Southall and another in Eailing and Angel whose names escape me that were a good laugh.
                              Then to the bigger outside events like Raindance and World Party.
                              Obviously loads more whose names escape me due to obvious reasons.
                              Finished off our raving days by setting up our own club promotion company, FLAB Promotions; used different unique venues on a monthly basis; anything from a warehouse to a wine bar and everything in between including a recording studio somewhere in Watford.
                              Truly amazing days.
                              Oooo forgot, The Ring in Bracknell put on the odd good night, that was where I first saw Boy George play and realised very quickly that he couldn't mix to save his life.
                              So many great venues, great people and damaged brain cells.
                              I know exactly what you mean Tarbs; great times but impossible to sustain that level of hedonism.
                              Knew a few who pushed too far and ended up on pretty terrible state.
                              Most surreal place I played, would of been in a forest in North Wales during shroom season. Arrived in the dark, finjshed my set around 4am, sun came up a few hours later and noticed we were sitting a few feet away from a 100 foot drop into a flooded quary. Seeing scuba divers turning up in the early hours should of given us a clue
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Ealing = Haven Stables or Broadway Boulevard?
                                Southall = Tudor Rose, Americas or Barbarellas?

Comment

Working...
                                X