80s/90s Acid, House 'n' Hip-Hop Choons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Only got a couple of his CD's, 26 Mixes for Cash and Selected Ambient Works. All very strange, but really good. I really need to get my hands on more of his work.
    Selected ambient works vol 1 is probably my personal favourite but he's done tons of stuff including aliases like The Russ and Polygon Window. A couple of years ago he posted hundreds of free tracks up on soundcloud For about six months. He just constantly produces new music.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      Christ! a few mods and posters banned on another message board have turned this thread into a lame, lfw (love for wally) copy.

can you take this thread and fark off over to the freezone part of this site.

thanks.

#watrb
      Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Not as heavy as some, but for me back in the day, this was the perfect 6am tune to end off a great night of sweating.
        Such a good tune, love it.
        You and Vespa should come over onto the Frankie Knuckles thread on LFW and stick your fav tunes up there. Always good to hear new/old tracks. We're always digging out some long lost classics. There's no rivalry or egos , just a proper good bunch of lads keeping those happy 80s and 90s memories alive and sharing top notch tunes. Be good to have you on board Fraggy

Comment

Originally posted by PunteR View Post
          You and Vespa should come over onto the Frankie Knuckles thread on LFW and stick your fav tunes up there. Always good to hear new/old tracks. We're always digging out some long lost classics. There's no rivalry or egos , just a proper good bunch of lads keeping those happy 80s and 90s memories alive and sharing top notch tunes. Be good to have you on board Fraggy
          Cheers for the invite PunteR , but i`m a one forum man ! I did come on and back Ted ( Morgan Twin ) up a few years ago ,when he wanted a bit of support ! ( vespa was already taken on LFW ,and i cant even remember what name i used )

Anyway heres a tune for ya

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Mixed by Mike 'Hitman' Wilson....

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              Cheers for the invite PunteR , but i`m a one forum man ! I did come on and back Ted ( Morgan Twin ) up a few years ago ,when he wanted a bit of support ! ( vespa was already taken on LFW ,and i cant even remember what name i used )

No worries vespa. Yeh i liked morgan twin. Came across as a bit barmy but always good humored. Wicked tune btw, dj Pierres still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

You could try croydonvespa mate, that's bound to be available. It really is an amazing thread. Some top tuneage within it.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  You could try croydonvespa mate, that's bound to be available. It really is an amazing thread. Some top tuneage within it.
                  Ill have a look tonight CCJ , im always up ,for a bit of House . Theres so many tunes from Fantasy and Friends FM that we had on tape that ive no idea what they were called .
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by PunteR View Post
                    So many tears, regretting nothing but the best: lyrical master.
                    Saw him live at The Gardening Club in Covent Gdn along with Barbra Tucker (made us put out our fags as the smoke was hurting her throat) and CeCe Rogers who kept hitting on my m8; Someday sample on Mickey Finns Some Justice on the A side and Rough Justice on the B, was an anthem.
                    If you want to hear some great early 90s mixes, get over to Pinkies soundcloud page; link is in his signature; some great tunes.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Oops sorry guys, forgot to share.
                      Heres another favourite of mine I had the release with the lipstick marks on the label, but the original was equally as good, and had the cr ap sampled out of it throughout the 90s.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

An obvious one but one of my favs

nice1 fraggy you old tart
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Bug Khan and the plastic jam, was a bi tch to mix, especially the intro, but loved it.
                          To make this more QPR related, I predict we will concede in 2 minutes
                          Last edited by Fraggy; 06-03-2018, 01:31 PM.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

This one had everyone fooled into thinking it was a stateside 12 " import.

https://youtu.be/XstVZzaa5co

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              This one had everyone fooled into thinking it was a stateside 12 " import.

https://youtu.be/XstVZzaa5co
                              Wasn't House 2 House originally from Dalston?
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                                Wasn't House 2 House originally from Dalston?
                                Dont know what that house 2 house is about mate, think i linked the wrong mix and not the original, but slo moshun was Altern 8 doing a klf style trick the music biz release.
                                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 06-03-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X