No announcement yet.

Donald Trump. Leg End or Bell End?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, what I should have added of course, is the situation for young people today. Most of them have no hope of getting on the property ladder, they have been priced out of the market. If this is the state we're in 40 years after Thatcher first came to power then I'd say her policies have failed this nation. And also to add that selling off council housing was a bribe to the working classes - short term gain, but long term pain. Short-termism is the what Tory policies have been about since Thatcher. The irony is that none of this is what true Conservatism stands for. It's not in fact Conservatism, but neo-liberalism masquerading as conservatism.

Comment

Hubble,
      Sorry, but you don’t half talk some b0110cks.

The state of today’s housing problems are nothing other than a combination of a failure of governments of both sides to replenish housing stock when necessary and a complete and utter mismanagement of the financial services sector between 1997 and 2010. And to be totally balanced, the Tory’s handling of the mess they inherited.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Hubble,
        Sorry, but you don’t half talk some b0110cks.

The state of today’s housing problems are nothing other than a combination of a failure of governments of both sides to replenish housing stock when necessary and a complete and utter mismanagement of the financial services sector between 1997 and 2010. And to be totally balanced, the Tory’s handling of the mess they inherited.
        Yes Brightonian, in other words Labour simply continued the Tories dire policies. Blairite Labour was basically Tory-Lite.

I'm no fan of the Labour party either mate. They're all shysters as far as I'm concerned. Between them they have ####ed up this country good and proper. It could have been so different if any of them had both vision, pragmatism and a genuine will to help the British people, not the global elite.

Oh, and your views on the huge subsidies handed out to the failing rail companies? The fact that most of our country is now foreign owned? And how about Carilion? Epitomises exactly what I'm talking about.
        Last edited by Hubble; 03-02-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Yes Brightonian, in other words Labour simply continued the Tories dire policies. Blairite Labour was basically Tory-Lite.

I'm no fan of the Labour party either mate. They're all shysters as far as I'm concerned. Between them they have ####ed up this country good and proper. It could have been so different if any of them had both vision, pragmatism and a genuine will to help the British people, not the global elite.

Oh, and your views on the huge subsidies handed out to the failing rail companies? The fact that most of our country is now foreign owned? Hmmm.

You’re making no sense Hubble. What have subsidies to rail companies got to do with overpriced housing?

And the Tory’s stopped being Tory’s when they forced out the only decent leader they’ve had since we were in short trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            You’re making no sense Hubble. What have subsidies to rail companies got to do with overpriced housing?

And the Tory’s stopped being Tory’s when they forced out the only decent leader they’ve had since we were in short trousers.
            I'm talking about privatisation. As for overpriced housing, yes, taking millions of homes out of public ownership has ####ed the housing market to the benefit of the wealthy, to the detriment of everyone else.

Comment

hubble u talk a lot of sense mate , thatcher was a wicked lady and a maniac

Comment

Hubble, BrightonR, here's the thing: When has this country ever had a PM who's divided opinion to such extremes as Thatcher did? She must have surely had something about her to achieve that? But what the #### do I know? I hear both sides of the argument and I always get them both. Some say she was our greatest Prime Minister since Churchill and they even want to build a statue of her in Parliament Square. Speaking of Churchill, I watched The Darkest Hour last night and Gary Oldman portrayed him superbly. It was a great film too. I think the reasons why we get the comparisons between Thatcher and Churchill is because both of them were incredibly strong characters who had the unwavering courage of their convictions in the face of monumental pressures and adversities, and always remained true to these convictions. They were also both natural born leaders. Overall I'd put Churchill slightly above Thatcher though, as the former had a bit more of the common touch about him, he was a better listener and more naturally compassionate. It was incredible to realise that in his true 'darkest hour' the only people that never lost faith in him were the king of England, his secretary, his wife and the general public. Whilst all of Parliament including most of his own party, had done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  Jeems, I live in Canada, so I was referring to the nice guy that is Justin Trudeau.
                  Only thing of note that I am behind with Justin, is the legalization of marijuana
                  https://youtu.be/LVYlUjRwATw

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    That's the man Kev.
                    Handsome, approachable and admits to inhaling.
                    My beef is that it took me over 2 years to prove to Canadian immigration that I can actually speak English, and multiple hoops had to be jumped through and many shackles parted with before I got my dual citizenship.
                    During my swearing in ceremony, there was 80+ of us, but only a handful who could actually speak English or French.
                    Also, since Mr.Trudeau's amazing gesture at bringing in refugees via the fast track system, gun and knife crime looks to have escalated; maybe a coincidence?
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Clinton emails were well spicy last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Clinton emails were well spicy last night.
                        If you ever need more proof of the failure of democracy, you need look no further than the 2 options in the last US election, and the 2 options in the last UK election. Both Clinton and Trump are crooked as hell (despite what some on this thread seem to think about Trump). Then in the UK we have Theresa May (and I'll don my tin hat again), who I think is just a nasty piece of work. Or Jezza Corbyn, a beardy old Lefty who has been kicking around the political world for decades without being taken seriously until the last 5 or 6 years.

The whole system is massively flawed. The idea of 1 man or woman being responsible for the social and economic wellbeing of nations like the US or the UK is hugely unrealistic in this modern age with the internet, ever expanding populations, and an increasingly informed general public.

It's also unrealistic for anyone capable of the job really wanting it. The PM last year took home less than 150k GBP after benefits/bonuses etc. In other words, less than pretty much every CEO on the planet. In return they get to be scrutinised very publicly, every hour of every day, by pretty much everyone in the country.
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 08-02-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Earn 150k a year and are worth tens to fifties of millions. Makes you wnder why they bother eh mate.

If Trump is crooked do you not think it would of come out by now, with the whole world against him and so much of the states conspiring to get him impeached.
                          Shame lads banter about crumpet dont carry that punishment yet eh?

Comment

Oh and apologies in advance Tarbs, i aint doing this to wind you up i swear.
                            This one minute speech on Brexit from the British legend was just ohhhhhh for me.

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...love-actually/

Comment

Love that Kev - that could almost be May's moment, like the one where the Falklands conflict changed Thatcher's tenure forever
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                Love that Kev - that could almost be May's moment, like the one where the Falklands conflict changed Thatcher's tenure forever
                                Hes so right eh Blue mate.
                                Think we need the Moog in charge to get anything remotely close to what Farage speaks of though.

Comment

Working...
                                X