Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you voting for today? (private poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Depressing ain't it?

Homophobic, God-bothering, anti-abortion, climate change denying dinosaurs. Exactly the sort of politics that I'd like to see become a thing of the past!
    And I hope the irony of the Democratic Unionists' strong links to loyalist terrorism isn't lost on anyone, especially those berating Corbyn for his alleged links to terrorism. Sick ####ers.
    Last edited by Hubble; 09-06-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      Don't forget the potential to put Irish republican noses out of joint.
      This could get very messy.
      Could cause tension in a number of parts of the UK mate. Glasgow is another city where many won't take well to Unionist influence at 10 Downing Street.

As James pointed out though, this is a Minority Government, not a Coalition. I'm just reading up on it now, and they are 2 very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Could cause tension in a number of parts of the UK mate. Glasgow is another city where many won't take well to Unionist influence at 10 Downing Street.

As James pointed out though, this is a Minority Government, not a Coalition. I'm just reading up on it now, and they are 2 very different things.
        Coalition or not, the tories could now be relying on the DUP to help them in parliament.
        Could be a very rocky road
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
          Coalition or not, the tories could now be relying on the DUP to help them in parliament.
          Could be a very rocky road
          As I said earlier, I don't like it one bit. Tories backed by draconian, religious right-wingers. But as James said, hopefully the increase in Labour seats will bring things back a bit more into the centre.

Comment

The thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned in this scenario yet is that it really isn't compulsory for every Labour MP to vote against the Government for the sake of it. What's to say that 30 or 40 of them won't agree with a particular policy and back it anyway. And for members of the Government to do likewise when appropriate. Far too much of this voting in the opposition lobbies for no real reason other than to make things difficult. Perhaps they could just for once, grow up a bit and start doing what's best for the country, rather than for reasons of self interest. It's not as if Corbyn has been particularly loyal to his party over the years when it comes to something he doesn't agree with. As such, he is just about the last person to demand that people toe the party line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Not a disaster from my perspective Tarbs, the youth vote was over 72%, this is a political earthquake.
              the youth vote over 70%, never done done a days work in their lives, fk em.
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                the youth vote over 70%, never done done a days work in their lives, fk em.
                If I were a youngster, I may well have voted Corbyn for £30k.

Comment

My polling station was packed with kids. Never ever seen that before , knew there and then what was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    And I hope the irony of the Democratic Unionists' strong links to loyalist terrorism isn't lost on anyone, especially those berating Corbyn for his alleged links to terrorism. Sick ####ers.
                    She's fu€Ked up monumentally Hubs.
                    Having to suck up to the DUP risks undoing 20 years of progress in Northern Ireland. People say it was a massive gamble to call an election so close to the Brexit negotiations. It needn't have been though. Yes Corbyn portrayed himself in a better light during the campaign, in spite of the press. But it was there for her on a plate.
                    Her campaign was pathetic and she acted like an arrogant old witch.
                    Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
                    The rest of Europe must be laughing at us now and not for our football.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      This is a joke, it's May so it don't need to be discussed, imagine if this was Corbyn?

She's left us in a worse position, for the sake of this country women please stand down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                        The fact that young people were motivated to vote fills me with hope for the future.
                        They barely turned up in 2015. Two years on Corbyn bribes them by offering to pay for their tuition and hey presto they turn up in droves. Quel surprise!

Comment

• And a Banksy print. 30 bags of sand and a Banksy. Every students dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            They barely turned up in 2015. Two years on Corbyn bribes them by offering to pay for their tuition and hey presto they turn up in droves. Quel surprise!
                            hope May offers free gnashers and bingo for the old fossils
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Consevatives having to suck up to the DUP to form a government ?How ironic the Right wing press tell us that we will have a government in bed with terrorist sympathizes and a coalition of chaos ,if we dont vote Tory ! How right they were !
                              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                Consevatives having to suck up to the DUP to form a government ?How ironic the Right wing press tell us that we will have a government in bed with terrorist sympathizes and a coalition of chaos ,if we dont vote Tory ! How right they were !
                                Bang on vespa...as mentioned before on this thread, the tory press have been particularly vile during this process......if they hadn't spent their entire time tainting small minds who knows what might of happened....

Comment

Working...
                                X