No announcement yet.

Westminster / Manchester / London Bridge / Parsons Green attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest is that ISIS have just claimed responsibility for the signal failure at Green Park this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      They were Irish Catholics in the same way that the current wave of terrorists are Muslims mate. In reality none of this is about nationality or religion. It's about dangerous people with extreme views that aren't supported by 99.9% of the religion that they supposedly follow.

The fact that you took offence to what I posted actually supports the point I was trying to make.

I'm sure your annoyance at the association I made is similar to how any moderate, law abiding Muslim would feel now when they hear people attributing the current atrocities to their religion!

Exactly mate, which is all I was pointing out really. You're clearly not racist, anti-Irish etc but to describe the people responsible for the IRA bombing campaign purely as Irish Catholics, which I agree they were, isn't really fair on the millions of Irish Catholics who were completely against those actions.
      Bit like describing these €unts now. Yes they are British muslims but saying British Muslim were responsible for 7/7 for example would be wrong imo as it groups them all together.
      Anyway, I'm waffling on now so will zip it. You me and most outward looking people know that not every Irishman/ Muslim is a terrorist and that's all that really matters !
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

I walked from Queens Park, through Hyde Park, to Parliament Square yesterday, on a beautiful, blustery spring day...

It was sunny outside and I was tired of writing. I decided to go for a walk. I turned left out of the front door and headed south, to see where my feet would take me. At Westbourne Park I thought I was going to Kensington, but my feet took me to Hyde Park. I headed across the park towards Hyde Park Corner. It was great to walk on the grass and the earth, not on the path. After a few minutes I saw a flock of birds centred on a man who was handing them food. Neon green parakeets, pigeons and squirrels were all in attendance at the feast. The man told me his name was Abdul, and he had been feeding the birds every day since his mum had died, because that's what she did, every day, for over ten years. He told me he was from South India and he was raising money to build a hospital there for the poor. He asked me what I did and where I lived. I told him I was glad he was feeding the birds apples and nuts, because bread isn't good for them. After I'd taken some photos he asked me to send him one of him. I told him I would. God bless you, he said, God bless you.

I walked onwards, towards the Serpentine, where I passed a woman smiling enigmatically. She was carrying a beautiful silver grey cat wrapped in a red shawl. The cat looked intently at me as I walked past.

Under the old stone bridge I skirted the lake. It was so blustery there were waves. Swans, ducks and seagulls bobbed on the choppy waters. On the far side of the path there was a row of willow trees clothed in the freshest green leaves, swaying mesmerically in the wind.

I walked on, across the roundabout at Hyde Park Corner, underneath the glorious triumphal arch with its vast bronze of the Angel of Peace landing upon the Chariot of War.

I strode onwards again, in my fast walking rhythm now, alongside the walled gardens of Buckingham Palace, across the Mall, across St James's Park, along Birdcage Walk to Parliament Square, which was taped off and full of police in all manner of guises. As I couldn't go forwards, I turned right along Little George Street until I reached the front of Westminster Cathedral. Its white facade sparkling in the bright spring sunshine. I totally got what the architects were trying to create; a feeling of awe, pomp and wonder.

All through the parks there were perfectly presented beds of flowers; red, purple and yellow tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and in the surrounding streets magnolia trees were blooming. Everywhere birdsong. London is a truly magnificent city, no more so than in springtime.

Last edited by Hubble; 24-03-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Life's treasures are there for those that look Hubs.
          My neighbours have a willow and it grows over our garden. Absolute thing of beauty it is.
          I heard someone once describe trees as cathedrals of the natural world and I totally get what they meant.
          They are everywhere but it's only when you take the time to stop and look that you really appreciate their magnificence.
          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            Life's treasures are there for those that look Hubs.
            My neighbours have a willow and it grows over our garden. Absolute thing of beauty it is.
            I heard someone once describe trees as cathedrals of the natural world and I totally get what they meant.
            They are everywhere but it's only when you take the time to stop and look that you really appreciate their magnificence.
            Absolutely Itso.

Comment

Abdul? Really?

Comment

Nice piece Hubs. Shame about the need to padlock the bench to the railings though.

Surprised to find that the murdering filth spent his last night a few hundred yards from my house.

Comment

Tell you what Hubs, if there's ever a competition for a photo capturing londons cosmopolitan side that one could be the winner.
                  A Himalayan parakeet being fed by a man from south India and an American grey squirrel lurking in the background !
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                    Tell you what Hubs, if there's ever a competition for a photo capturing londons cosmopolitan side that one could be the winner.
                    A Himalayan parakeet being fed by a man from south India and an American grey squirrel lurking in the background !
                    Haha, brilliant Itso!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                      Abdul? Really?
                      That's what he said Dave, and he gave me his number so I could forward the photos.

Here's another pic of him, the one I sent him... I posted this story on facebook and a friend said she'd met him too, with her son, and yep, that's his name...

Last edited by Hubble; 24-03-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

i'm lucky enough to live near richmond park , put my dads ashes their as he loved walking in the park . always get a warm feeling driving thru . i love walking and try to leave the jam jar at home if i can

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          i'm lucky enough to live near richmond park , put my dads ashes their as he loved walking in the park . always get a warm feeling driving thru . i love walking and try to leave the jam jar at home if i can
                          beautiful part of London, served my apprenticeship directly across the road from the Red Cow. Happy days
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Love Richmond Park, been going there since I was a kid. Was great for picking a certain type of mushroom back in the day....

The Isabella Plantation is stunning this time of year through into summer, highly, highly recommend it.

Also love the walk from Richmond Gate along the top of Richmond Hill, the views from there are incredible.

London is full of so much beauty, both natural and man-made. It truly is one of the world's great cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              They were Irish Catholics in the same way that the current wave of terrorists are Muslims mate. In reality none of this is about nationality or religion. It's about dangerous people with extreme views that aren't supported by 99.9% of the religion that they supposedly follow.

The fact that you took offence to what I posted actually supports the point I was trying to make.

I'm sure your annoyance at the association I made is similar to how any moderate, law abiding Muslim would feel now when they hear people attributing the current atrocities to their religion!
                              The IRA carried out terrorists attacks in the name of a united Ireland, it had little to do with Catholicism.
                              These jihadists are carrying out terrorists attacks in the name of Islam.
                              The two are not remotely comparable, but you keep being an apologist for the religion of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
                                The IRA carried out terrorists attacks in the name of a united Ireland, it had little to do with Catholicism.
                                These jihadists are carrying out terrorists attacks in the name of Islam.
                                The two are not remotely comparable, but you keep being an apologist for the religion of peace.
                                Serious question.

Do you honestly believe that the belief systems of the guys that carried out this attack are in any way representative of the vast majority of Muslims either in the UK or the rest of the world?

Comment

Working...
                                X