Westminster / Manchester / London Bridge / Parsons Green attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I'm getting sick of reading that the people who carry out these atrocities were "known to authorities". If we had enough information to have them on a watch list, then we had enough information to get them off the streets before they did any harm. Our government needs to get a grip of this now before any more lives are lost!
    3000 of them are known to the authorities. That is internment (and insurgency) proportions. However it is estimated that a further 20,000 of them exist in the UK but our security services simply lack the resources and manpower to monitor them all.

Comment

• I doubt if another 1,000 police could stop these types of attacks. The old maxim ''you need to be lucky 100%, we need to be lucky just the once'' is true. What galls me is the ones on the left are quick to denounce May and the Conservatives in general, but say diddly about the scum who are carrying out these atrocities. Remind me the party who wanted to rub the middle classes noses into diversity. Sadly, it's the working class who have taken most of this ****
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        I doubt if another 1,000 police could stop these types of attacks. The old maxim ''you need to be lucky 100%, we need to be lucky just the once'' is true. What galls me is the ones on the left are quick to denounce May and the Conservatives in general, but say diddly about the scum who are carrying out these atrocities. Remind me the party who wanted to rub the middle classes noses into diversity. Sadly, it's the working class who have taken most of this ****
        ######## do they say nowt about the scum - that's just not true Lymes. I'm pretty sick of hearing all this get blamed on the left. It's got nothing to do with the left. It was a right wing Blair who let all these people in and subsequent Tory governments have done nothing about it. I'll take the police's word for it that cuts are part of the problem if you don't mind. And as I keep pointing out, our security forces know these people, hell, they even groom them FFS - they USE them, and then this happens.

And as Tarbs rightly says, getting sick of hearing they're 'known to the authorities'. Always the same. Nothing to do with lack of resources either Stan. This government spends billions on subsidies for the rich and the big corps. They could sort this if they wanted. They could take these people out if they wanted. But they USE them. They're useful when you've got an agenda that's nothing to do with protecting people.

This from the latest attacks:

FFS wake up people. Vile, brainwashed religious idiot psychopaths carry out these attacks, and the powers that be ####ing let it happen as far as I can see.

And now May's spouting on about controlling the internet. Quelle ####ing surprise. She just using this as an excuse because she wants to the control the internet. Got nowt to do with terrorism and all to do with not letting people have free speech so they can do exactly what we're doing here, reveal what the ba5tards are really up to. Governments and a free internet do not mix. So ####ing predictable. Bottom line IMO the security services could have prevented these attacks from happening and as I've said before, these people should never have been let in the country in the first place. Yes Lymes, we've been betrayed. Politicians don't work for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Nothing to do with lack of resources either Stan. This government spends billions on subsidies for the rich and the big corps. They could sort this if they wanted. They could take these people out if they wanted. But they USE them. They're useful when you've got an agenda that's nothing to do with protecting people.
          I agree Hubs. Just meant lack of resources in that it's deliberate policy not to invest enough in that area.

Comment

• A lot in the news about the 20,000 police number cut. Numbers today are in line with those in 2003. People pick 20,000 because they look at highest number over that period (2009) and compare to today. WHy? Just to make a political point. I'd be more interested in knowing what is the right number of police. Maybe number today is the right amount or maybe we need 100,000 more? No one on here can claim to know that.
            Surely better to look at how we are going to combat these attacks and where best to invest the money rather than just saying oh its the 20,000 police. I'd say invest more in the Prevent strategy and cut off at the source. And its not police on street that are crucial to this, its people in community such as doctors, youth workers, Imams etc.

Comment

######## do they say nowt about the scum - that's just not true Lymes. I'm pretty sick of hearing all this get blamed on the left. It's got nothing to do with the left. It was a right wing Blair who let all these people in and subsequent Tory governments have done nothing about it. I'll take the police's word for it that cuts are part of the problem if you don't mind. And as I keep pointing out, our security forces know these people, hell, they even groom them FFS - they USE them, and then this happens.

And as Tarbs rightly says, getting sick of hearing they're 'known to the authorities'. Always the same. Nothing to do with lack of resources either Stan. This government spends billions on subsidies for the rich and the big corps. They could sort this if they wanted. They could take these people out if they wanted. But they USE them. They're useful when you've got an agenda that's nothing to do with protecting people.

FFS wake up people. Vile, brainwashed religious idiot psychopaths carry out these attacks, and the powers that be ####ing let it happen as far as I can see.

And now May's spouting on about controlling the internet. Quelle ####ing surprise. She just using this as an excuse because she wants to the control the internet. Got nowt to do with terrorism and all to do with not letting people have free speech so they can do exactly what we're doing here, reveal what the ba5tards are really up to. Governments and a free internet do not mix. So ####ing predictable. Bottom line IMO the security services could have prevented these attacks from happening and as I've said before, these people should never have been let in the country in the first place. Yes Lymes, we've been betrayed. Politicians don't work for us.
              I don't blame the left. In fact, I think it's years of the right pandering to Saudi and turning a blind eye to their part in Islamic Extremism, in favour of making money on oil or weapons transactions that has got us into this state. I actually think Corbyn would do a better job of addressing who funds ISIS than any other political leader in the UK at present. That said, he'd also let pretty much any f*cker into the country, so rough with the smooth, hey?!!!

All this hot air from May about policing the internet is nonsense too. She's just trying to deflect from the fact that years of cuts in spending that she presided over are now biting us in the ar$e!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 05-06-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hubble, you seem very certain the information the authorities was enough to bang them up.
                If the information wasn't enough, what's the point of sticking them in front of a judge, only for the judge to throw it out. That's assuming it gets past the CPS.
                There are terrorist plots being stopped all the time but as Lymes says, some will eventually succeed.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

• who was in power when the bus and tube bombs went off 2005. It's political point scoring. Virtually impossibe to stop all attacks. Lord Carlyle has just said on the Politics Show number of police was/isn't a factor. People are being butchered and politicians of all parties are scoring points of each other. Sickening
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                    Hubble, you seem very certain the information the authorities was enough to bang them up.
                    If the information wasn't enough, what's the point of sticking them in front of a judge, only for the judge to throw it out. That's assuming it gets past the CPS.
                    There are terrorist plots being stopped all the time but as Lymes says, some will eventually succeed.
                    We need to change the way we deal with this in my opinion.

Whilst I am all for freedom of speech, we cannot allow a situation to continue where we don't deal with people who are known to follow an ideology that is at odds with our way of life and wants to harm us. I'm sorry, but if you have been photographed in public flying the black flag of ISIS then you need to be banged up. If you have traveled to an ISIS training camp in Syria, Libya or anywhere else, then you need to be banged up.

If the current legal system doesn't allow this, then it needs to be changed!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 05-06-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      who was in power when the bus and tube bombs went off 2005. It's political point scoring. Virtually impossibe to stop all attacks. Lord Carlyle has just said on the Politics Show number of police was/isn't a factor. People are being butchered and politicians of all parties are scoring points of each other. Sickening
                      Absolutely spot on. People on here too. Sooner this election is over the better

Comment

We need to change the way we deal with this in my opinion.

Whilst I am all for freedom of speech, we cannot allow a situation to continue where we don't act upon people who are known to follow an ideology that is at odds with our way of life and wants to harm us. I'm sorry, but if you have been photographed in public flying the black flag of ISIS then you need to be banged up. If you have traveled to an ISIS training came in Syria, Libya or anywhere else, then you need to be banged up.

If the current legal system doesn't allow this, then it needs to be changed!
                        I agree. Do the examples you've used apply directly to the latest lot, I haven't seen that mentioned.
                        Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Absolutely spot on. People on here too. Sooner this election is over the better
                          Like a lot of people I've had my fu€king fill of politicians.
                          On one hand you've got that lightweight Corbyn. He can't even bring himself to say he'd retaliate with nuclear weapons if we were attacked first. The whole point of nuclear weapons is to act as a deterrent. If you give the impression you won't use them that doesn't really work dumb@ss.
                          As for May, what a horribly bit of work she is.
                          All €unts who happily look you in the eyes whilst blatantly lying their arses off.
                          Will Danaher

Comment

I agree. Do the examples you've used apply directly to the latest lot, I haven't seen that mentioned.
                            One of the perpetrators of Saturday nights attack apparently appeared in a TV documentary about British Jihadis a year ago and was seen flying the ISIS flag in a public park.

Salman Abedi, the perpetrator of the Manchester attack had recently returned from Syria.

Sorry but in Abedi's case, the guy is known to be linked to a Libyan fundamentalist group and had just returned from Syria. That guy should have been cuffed the minute his feet touched British soil again!
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 05-06-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

One of the perpetrators of Saturday nights attack apparently appeared in a TV documentary about British Jihadis a year ago and was seen flying the ISIS flag in a public park.

Salman Abedi, the perpetrator of the Manchester attack had recently returned from Syria.

Sorry but in Abedi's case, the guy is known to be linked to a Libyan fundamentalist group and had just returned from Syria. That guy should have been cuffed the minute his feet touched British soil again!
                              Like you say, the law needs to be changed then.
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Like you say, the law needs to be changed then.
                                Make you right on state of British politics though mate. I'm not allowed to vote as I've been away too long, but if I could, I don't think I could vote for either Corbyn or May with any confidence. May is just vile, and crooked in my opinion. And you just know that Corbyn would run the economy into the ground. Also sick to the back teeth of watching them take pot shots at each other.

The political system is broken if these are the best 2 we can muster. The whole system needs looking at in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                                X