Interesting read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting read

Found the following article an interesting read.
    In no way am I condoning FV, but I know a few on here will relate to what the author of this article is saying.
    http://www.huckmagazine.com/perspect...d-likely-lads/
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Agree, a very good read
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I liked the way in which he points out that what is currently happening over in France is not the rebirth of the English hooligan, & also when he mentions the following:

It was as much about looking good in your bowl wedge and your leather-and suede jerkin as it was about punching people. Until trips, pills and house music came and swept it all away in the summer of 1988, a football away-day on a Saturday was a riotous giggle with the kids you went to school with, fuelled by Lucozade original and the odd can of Special Brew. You might have thrown a punch or dodged a beating. You might have got a chase or kicked in the odd window. But more often than not you just milled about and had a laugh. Still, no one liked us, but we didn’t care.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

i was explaining to a lad in his twenties at work the other day , that being one of the boys ( never a firm member ,just a chap ) ,in the 80s consisted of firstly ,standing with your mates ,running away with your mates ,looking sharper than your mates , having better trainers than your mates and having a laugh with your mates.
        One thing we didnt do was batter innocent people senseless after training in the woods for a couple of weeks ,thats just f uckin wierd.
        Last edited by vespa; 19-06-2016, 09:14 AM.
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          i was explaining to a lad in his twenties at work the other day , that being one of the boys ( never a firm member ,just a chap ) ,in the 80s consisted of firstly ,standing with your mates ,running away with your mates ,looking sharper than your mates , having better trainers than your mates and having a laugh with your mates.
          One thing we didnt do was batter innocent people senseless after training in the woods for a couple of weeks ,thats just f uckin wierd.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
            Found the following article an interesting read.
            In no way am I condoning FV, but I know a few on here will relate to what the author of this article is saying.
            http://www.huckmagazine.com/perspect...d-likely-lads/
            Fascinating article - it's really a paean to a bygone age, bemoaning the rise of consumerism (a Thatcherite invention) and how it has destroyed the cohesiveness of the British working class. And the way it condemns vacuous modern culture is superb yet also sorrowful, since so much has been lost that may never return if the way our culture is going is set in its path. But perhaps it will change. Maybe there will be seismic shifts we cannot yet predict. The entire Western economy hangs by a thread anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X