X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Who's watching GoT latest series? What do you think? Many complaining it's dull and too heavy on explanation versus action. But...

*SPOILER ALERT!*

...wasn't the battle scene in the last episode absolutely epic??!! Wow.
    Think it's been great myself. Need a plot to go with the action IMO. If you can I recommend watching it in 1080p HD.
    My favourite characters are Aya Stark, the little fella and Jamie Lannister's bodyguard Bron?

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Who's watching GoT latest series? What do you think? Many complaining it's dull and too heavy on explanation versus action. But...

*SPOILER ALERT!*

...wasn't the battle scene in the last episode absolutely epic??!! Wow.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Midnight Texas, seen the first 3 episodes, a bit OTT but good fun so far.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Just watched a 6 part British drama called Fearless. It's about a bird solicitor who takes on cases most lawyers won't touch. Give it a try guys.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Billions season 2 was good, not as good as season 1 but still a solid 6/10.

Bates was brilliant, his acting is simply outstanding. There were a couple of things I wish they'd resolved (e.g the cheating husbands voicemail to Marion just after she'd chucked her phone)

I dont wanna post spoilers but the ending was great and not what I expected.
    I meant to post an update, as I finally got round to watching the last series a couple of months ago. I totally agree with you, Freddie Highmore's acting as Norman Bates is superb; the way he plays the multiple personality/schizophrenia is incredible. It reminded me of Gollum - both sides - the light and the dark - battling for control of Norman's mind. It's a rare TV drama that gets better each season, but Bates Motel certainly does. Brilliant stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Billions season 2 was good, not as good as season 1 but still a solid 6/10.

Bates was brilliant, his acting is simply outstanding. There were a couple of things I wish they'd resolved (e.g the cheating husbands voicemail to Marion just after she'd chucked her phone)

I dont wanna post spoilers but the ending was great and not what I expected.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Now now Uppers, better than Vikings? I think not! Last Kingdom ia an enjoyable romp, but it's already running out of steam in the 2nd series and compared to the inimitable Vikings, it's a bit soppy in places. Vikings is the daddy.

IMHO of course.
    I've had a few and didn't say what I meant very well. Agree Last Kingdom is not on par with Vikings and maybe only has one more series left in it. But it's easy to watch and has some excellent villains. The thing that winds me up with Vikings (maybe history backs it up), LK does it at times, but it makes them seem fearless warriors and the English soldiers cowardly and stupid.
    IMO of course :-)

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    I think someone previously recommended 'Bloodline'. I got half way through season 1 when it first came out and although I was enjoying it stopped watching it for some reason. Back in to it now and on season 2 of 3. A bit of a slow burner but give it a go and hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by UpperP View Post
    If you like Vikings mate, give 'The Last Kingdom' a go. if you haven't already. Actually think it's better myself
    Now now Uppers, better than Vikings? I think not! Last Kingdom ia an enjoyable romp, but it's already running out of steam in the 2nd series and compared to the inimitable Vikings, it's a bit soppy in places. Vikings is the daddy.

IMHO of course.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by loneranger View Post
    Vikings is blinding. Think il bank a few then have a lazy afternoon watching a load. Yeah,walking dead save for a few minutes of the last season has been pony.the new misanthrope play a good part though I think.
    If you like Vikings mate, give 'The Last Kingdom' a go. if you haven't already. Actually think it's better myself

Leave a comment:

• loneranger
    replied
    Just started watching cadfael.really great viewing.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Yes it's based on Neil Gaiman's book, I think he's very involved with the show too. I went to see him talk about it and his love of Norse mythology at the Southbank earlier this year. Very cool guy is Mr Gaiman.
    Ok, sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by UpperP View Post
    Up to date with Animal Kingdom and it's a very good show. There is another series called Kingdom which is also a good watch. The main characters are an ex mma champion who owns a gym and trains fighters and his sons who also fight. The way I've described it sounds like it's a documentary, but it's fictional and has a bit of everything. Sex and drugs and rock and roll plus the fighting. What's not to like :-)
    Kingdom sounds good mate.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Haha I do. On a second note; Didn`t Neil Gaiman write a novel called American Gods? I take this series is based on the novel?
    Yes it's based on Neil Gaiman's book, I think he's very involved with the show too. I went to see him talk about it and his love of Norse mythology at the Southbank earlier this year. Very cool guy is Mr Gaiman.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Ok two great series to report on, American Gods and Animal Kingdom.

AK I've watched the first series and the second's just started. It's about a crime family in Southern California headed by the fantastic Ellen Barkin. Really enjoyable and great characters.

AG is full on and far out. Anyone with a working knowledge of Norse Mythology (whaddya mean, that's unlikely on here?!) will get the backstory. Ian McShane plays his usual dark maverick as the mysterious Mr Wednesday (clue, based on Norse god Woden, where the name Wednesday comes from) and there are some seriously powerful scenes, several of a sexual nature, so those of a prurient disposition, look away! I'm up to episode 3 so far.
    Up to date with Animal Kingdom and it's a very good show. There is another series called Kingdom which is also a good watch. The main characters are an ex mma champion who owns a gym and trains fighters and his sons who also fight. The way I've described it sounds like it's a documentary, but it's fictional and has a bit of everything. Sex and drugs and rock and roll plus the fighting. What's not to like :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X