Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeems
    replied
    Narcos season 3 done, very very good. I'd argue the best season so far..!

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Haven't caught up with the last couple of pages, but following the completion of the latest GoT series (un-farking-real btw!) I watched Ozark which is a good watch. Hopefully they do a 2nd season of that.
    I thought GOT was blinding and the special effects (especially the dragons) were amazing, although Hubbs found it a little bit too predictable :-)
    Ozark was also very good and hopefully there will be another season.

Leave a comment:

• MattyRangers
    replied
    Haven't caught up with the last couple of pages, but following the completion of the latest GoT series (un-farking-real btw!) I watched Ozark which is a good watch. Hopefully they do a 2nd season of that.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Narcos season 3 so far has been excellent, actually on par with Season 1 and poss better than Season 2. Impressive! Maria is smoking!

Slasher is also another excellent series, serial killer / small town / 7 deadly sins
    Will check Slasher out after I've finished Narcos.

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Originally posted by UpperP View Post
    Agreed season 1 had enough content to make another. Perhaps they were worried that it would get canned if they didn't start with a bang. Watched the first 3 episodes of s3 and so far so good.
    Didn't like Brody either but Carrie is hot ;-)
    Narcos season 3 so far has been excellent, actually on par with Season 1 and poss better than Season 2. Impressive! Maria is smoking!

Slasher is also another excellent series, serial killer / small town / 7 deadly sins

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Perfect to binge watch with no games this weekend. I was a bit disappointed how Season 1 covered such a short period of Escobar's life, and Season 2 went through like an entire decade. A bit of balance would've been nice. Will be interesting to see how it develops without the main character. Hopefully it will go in the way of Homeland, which I felt got better without Brody (especially his annoying daughter, although his wife was smoking)
    Agreed season 1 had enough content to make another. Perhaps they were worried that it would get canned if they didn't start with a bang. Watched the first 3 episodes of s3 and so far so good.
    Didn't like Brody either but Carrie is hot ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    I've started watching Breaking Bad again! It's the bomb. Nothing comes close. Totally immersed, halfway through season 2. Had to have something to fill the void!

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Narcos 3 (complete season) released on Netflix.
    1 and 2 were excellent, even though PE won't be in it, high hopes that it will still be a good watch.
    Perfect to binge watch with no games this weekend. I was a bit disappointed how Season 1 covered such a short period of Escobar's life, and Season 2 went through like an entire decade. A bit of balance would've been nice. Will be interesting to see how it develops without the main character. Hopefully it will go in the way of Homeland, which I felt got better without Brody (especially his annoying daughter, although his wife was smoking)

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Narcos 3 (complete season) released on Netflix.
    1 and 2 were excellent, even though PE won't be in it, high hopes that it will still be a good watch.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Haha, I though exactly the same thing. The problem with this season - for me - is that it's all rather predictable. Everything has been set up and now we're watching all the wheels turning in their set courses. It is certainly spectacular - as always - but it's lost it's edge. Hopefully there'll be a few more twists to surprise us.
    As there are only six episodes left, plots are going to play out, generally as expected. What did surprise me *spoiler alert* was Sansa stitching up Little Finger. The special effects, especially the dragons are amazing. I'm sure there'll still be the odd twist in the final season. Maybe there'll be a couple of spin off series afterwards??

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    GOT just gets better and better. Only one episode left in this season and the next one will be the last. Spoiler alert
    where did the white walkers get those chains from? Not the sort of thing you have lying about ;-)
    Haha, I though exactly the same thing. The problem with this season - for me - is that it's all rather predictable. Everything has been set up and now we're watching all the wheels turning in their set courses. It is certainly spectacular - as always - but it's lost it's edge. Hopefully there'll be a few more twists to surprise us.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    I've certainly been enjoying it Uppers. I agree with you - Arya's a fantastic character - what an incredible journey she's been on to get back to Winterfell; [SPOILER ALERT - if you haven't watched previous series] they say revenge is a dish best eaten cold, and she's certainly made her enemies pay - the end of the last series where she got the vile Walder Frey to eat his own sons before cutting his throat was about as bloodthirsty and sweet a revenge as you can get. Tyrion Lannister is great - I love the actor who plays him - Peter Dinklage - saw him in the film the Station Agent years ago, thought he was brilliant then. Bronn is a loveable rogue - and obviously an actor well known to most I would think. I met him during the interval of a play a few years ago (my friend - also an actor - was a mate) and I told him how much we were enjoying his performance. Decent bloke Jerome Flynn.
    GOT just gets better and better. Only one episode left in this season and the next one will be the last. Spoiler alert
    where did the white walkers get those chains from? Not the sort of thing you have lying about ;-)

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Just finished watching Ozark season 1 on Netflix. The comparisons to Breaking Bad are valid. Very similar albeit he is a money launderer rather than a drug dealer (although he launders drug money). Good acting and very promising. Hopeful for a season 2 renewal!

Onto Shooter season 2 - snipers, government coverups, hot wife. Pretty good show all round!
    Enjoyed Ozark and Shooter is also a good watch.
    If you enjoy cover ups, dodgy/bent coppers try Line of Duty and Fearless, two very good British dramas.

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Just finished watching Ozark season 1 on Netflix. The comparisons to Breaking Bad are valid. Very similar albeit he is a money launderer rather than a drug dealer (although he launders drug money). Good acting and very promising. Hopeful for a season 2 renewal!

Onto Shooter season 2 - snipers, government coverups, hot wife. Pretty good show all round!

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Think it's been great myself. Need a plot to go with the action IMO. If you can I recommend watching it in 1080p HD.
    My favourite characters are Aya Stark, the little fella and Jamie Lannister's bodyguard Bron?
    I've certainly been enjoying it Uppers. I agree with you - Arya's a fantastic character - what an incredible journey she's been on to get back to Winterfell; [SPOILER ALERT - if you haven't watched previous series] they say revenge is a dish best eaten cold, and she's certainly made her enemies pay - the end of the last series where she got the vile Walder Frey to eat his own sons before cutting his throat was about as bloodthirsty and sweet a revenge as you can get. Tyrion Lannister is great - I love the actor who plays him - Peter Dinklage - saw him in the film the Station Agent years ago, thought he was brilliant then. Bronn is a loveable rogue - and obviously an actor well known to most I would think. I met him during the interval of a play a few years ago (my friend - also an actor - was a mate) and I told him how much we were enjoying his performance. Decent bloke Jerome Flynn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X