Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UpperP
    replied
    Just started watching Marvel's The Punisher. It's really good and pretty brutal. No super powers just an ex-marine on a mission. He was in season 2 of Daredevil.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Is that sky, Netflix?
    I think it's netflix but don't know for sure. Use an android box for streaming.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by UpperP View Post
    Mindhunter Watch it you won't be disappointed
    Is that sky, Netflix?

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Mindhunter Watch it you won't be disappointed

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Peaky blinders is the best thing of TV by miles and I've seen some brilliant stuff lately. The 1episode of the new season was epic and will live long in the memory. Great cast and story so well done the bbc

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    peakys back good opener , also like snowfall

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Just finished Salvation season 1, and it was pretty damn good. Asteroid on course for earth / public doesn't know / shadow government in play / hackers / Russia / fake news etc. Has been renewed for season 2, well worth a watch
    Sounds worth a watch mate. How do we fit them all in?!

Has anyone mentioned Arrow? I know - it's a bit corny, superhero stuff - but I am strangely addicted to it. Stephen Amell is compelling in the lead and there's plenty of eye candy, whatever your predilections. It's a Canadian production, set in Vancouver, so plenty of rain in it!

Meanwhile, Peaky Blinders is back. I haven't watched the first episode of the new series yet, but people are raving about it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Just finished Salvation season 1, and it was pretty damn good. Asteroid on course for earth / public doesn't know / shadow government in play / hackers / Russia / fake news etc. Has been renewed for season 2, well worth a watch

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    So onto Stranger Things season 2. I never got the hype of season 1. The production quality was good and the 80's vibe was excellent. But the storyline was a bit weak. Season 2 is kinda the same. I'm watching it because everyone else is, and I dont like being left out of conversations (sheep level = 1000)

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Which one of those do you think is the best Uppers? Reason I ask is it getting to the stage where we're so saturated with TV drama that it's getting harder to pick the wheat from the chaff. And I don't want to waste my time getting involved in a series that's not top notch.

I gave up on two recently after the first episode: 4 Blocks - a crime drama about Arab gangsters in Berlin - found it hard to like any of the characters or get involved and it was all a bit cliched - and Hell on Wheels - a Western revenge drama set just after the US civil war. It was all the perfect white teeth in the second one that did it for me. I like my drama realistic these days. That and Colm Meany's totally OTT railroad boss.

What's frustrating is that crap TV like Hell on Wheels ( and plenty much worse than that) gets more series, whereas as absolutely excellent series like Almost Human (for example), a sci-fi crime drama set in near future, don't get a second series.

And on that note, the previously highly entertaining Ray Donovan has been flabby this season, almost literally losing the plot, full of mawkish flashbacks and far too much backstory. The last two episodes were good though. Outlander is back for its third series and I'm enjoying that. The stylish and interesting (especially to me as it concerns crypto-currency!) crime drama Startup is back for a second series, I'm enjoying that too.

Bottom line, it's quality I'm looking for! Keep those suggestions coming!
    Ray Donovan has become too far fetched but I do like Startup.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Which one of those do you think is the best Uppers? Reason I ask is it getting to the stage where we're so saturated with TV drama that it's getting harder to pick the wheat from the chaff. And I don't want to waste my time getting involved in a series that's not top notch.

I gave up on two recently after the first episode: 4 Blocks - a crime drama about Arab gangsters in Berlin - found it hard to like any of the characters or get involved and it was all a bit cliched - and Hell on Wheels - a Western revenge drama set just after the US civil war. It was all the perfect white teeth in the second one that did it for me. I like my drama realistic these days. That and Colm Meany's totally OTT railroad boss.

What's frustrating is that crap TV like Hell on Wheels ( and plenty much worse than that) gets more series, whereas as absolutely excellent series like Almost Human (for example), a sci-fi crime drama set in near future, don't get a second series.

And on that note, the previously highly entertaining Ray Donovan has been flabby this season, almost literally losing the plot, full of mawkish flashbacks and far too much backstory. The last two episodes were good though. Outlander is back for its third series and I'm enjoying that. The stylish and interesting (especially to me as it concerns crypto-currency!) crime drama Startup is back for a second series, I'm enjoying that too.

IMO Mindhunter is excellent and I'd recommend that as my number 1 pick. WeAre Tin Star is very good tv too.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    No ones mentioned tin star, I thought it was superb

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied

Last edited by Hubble; 01-11-2017, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Anyone looking for something to watch, give 'Mindhunter' a try. It's about how criminal 'profiling' came about and is well worth checking out.
    'The Deuce' is set in the 70/80's and is about the #### industry and also worth a look.
    'Bad blood' is a 6 part mini series about a mafia boss in Canada (based on a true story) is another I'd recommend.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Narcos season 3 done, very very good. I'd argue the best season so far..!
    Excellent. Word of warning for anyone streaming it through an android box. There is a lot of Spanish dialogue and not all links have subtitles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X