X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loneranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this series before, but I've just started watching Godless - a Netflix production. I have to say, it is absolutely beautiful drama. Set in the 19th century in the American South West - New Mexico, Arizona, Texas - it has the lyricism of Lonesome Dove, with brilliantly portrayed characters. It stars Michelle Dockery of Downton Abbey fame and Jeff Daniels amongst others. The twist is the central location is a small mining town where nearly all the men have died following a collapse at the mine and the town is now run by the women. Worth a watch.
    Are you familiar with the works of Steinbeck ?

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this series before, but I've just started watching Godless - a Netflix production. I have to say, it is absolutely beautiful drama. Set in the 19th century in the American South West - New Mexico, Arizona, Texas - it has the lyricism of Lonesome Dove, with brilliantly portrayed characters. It stars Michelle Dockery of Downton Abbey fame and Jeff Daniels amongst others. The twist is the central location is a small mining town where nearly all the men have died following a collapse at the mine and the town is now run by the women. Worth a watch.
    Just finished it Hubbs. One of the best shows I've seen in a while and definitely gets a thumbs up from me. I thought Jeff Daniels was excellent as the baddie/preacher and going by the way it ended I don't think there will be a 2nd season. But money talks so who knows?

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    For those who don't know what we're talking about!

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Yes I am mate. Ragnar is a hard act to follow, but yes I'm enjoying it. We've still got Lagertha! But Ragnar's sons - Bjorn apart (that's not a pun by the way!) - aren't nearly as engaging as their dad and Ivar the Boneless doesn't have any of his father's compelling traits apart from a penchant for extreme violence. Not so keen on the Jonathan Rhys Meyers character either. And now Floki's flucked off on his own little adventure, it feels a bit lost. But.... we've still got Lagertha!
    If I was Lagertha's prisoner I wouldn't want to escape :-) She also likes a bit of girl on girl action, so she's a 10 in my book ;-) Hoping our boys put up a decent fight instead of looking like gutless cowards who are out fought and out thought at every battle.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by UpperP View Post
    Hubbs I'm sure you're watching Vikings season 5.
    What do you think? i'm liking it so far, even though a few of the main characters are not in it. History based so can only last so long.
    Yes I am mate. Ragnar is a hard act to follow, but yes I'm enjoying it. We've still got Lagertha! But Ragnar's sons - Bjorn apart (that's not a pun by the way!) - aren't nearly as engaging as their dad and Ivar the Boneless doesn't have any of his father's compelling traits apart from a penchant for extreme violence. Not so keen on the Jonathan Rhys Meyers character either. And now Floki's flucked off on his own little adventure, it feels a bit lost. But.... we've still got Lagertha!

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Hubbs I'm sure you're watching Vikings season 5.
    What do you think? i'm liking it so far, even though a few of the main characters are not in it. History based so can only last so long.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Do you get Lucifer over there?
    Some faggot at work tried to get me into that. Can't stand that PR ick in Miranda. He needs a slap comes across cringeworthy. Hated it tbh

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Lucifer had the potential to be a top show but it is trying to please everyone instead of targeting an 18+ audience. Should of been a lot darker and a lot more violent. In fact he's actually portrayed as borderline gay instead of the devil.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    It's on Amazon.
    Its a bit cheesy, but a good watch.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    It's on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    This has been a brilliant thread but I want to ban any talk about marvel. This forum was like pub talk and I've been given some great advice and watched some brilliant stuff bates being one. Maybe we can create a child's one with Disney and marvel in it as they need to be kept separate
    I can appreciate that 'comic book' tv shows aren't your thing but I can promise you that 'The Punisher' is nothing like any of the other Marvel shows. He's not a 'super hero' with any special powers but an ex-marine out for revenge. The violence is very brutal and also very graphic.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    You're probably right Weare.

Anyway...

Arrow spoiler alert...

It's lost interest for me since they killed off the lovely Susannah Thompson at the end of season 2. They probably did a focus group amongst teens and decided she was too old. Now the Arrow has a sidekick as muggy as Robin in Batman. It's become naff.
    Last edited by Hubble; 30-11-2017, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    This has been a brilliant thread but I want to ban any talk about marvel. This forum was like pub talk and I've been given some great advice and watched some brilliant stuff bates being one. Maybe we can create a child's one with Disney and marvel in it as they need to be kept separate

Leave a comment:

Working...
X