It's on Amazon.
    Its a bit cheesy, but a good watch.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      Do you get Lucifer over there?
      Lucifer had the potential to be a top show but it is trying to please everyone instead of targeting an 18+ audience. Should of been a lot darker and a lot more violent. In fact he's actually portrayed as borderline gay instead of the devil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Do you get Lucifer over there?
        Some faggot at work tried to get me into that. Can't stand that PR ick in Miranda. He needs a slap comes across cringeworthy. Hated it tbh
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Hubbs I'm sure you're watching Vikings season 5.
          What do you think? i'm liking it so far, even though a few of the main characters are not in it. History based so can only last so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperP View Post
            Hubbs I'm sure you're watching Vikings season 5.
            What do you think? i'm liking it so far, even though a few of the main characters are not in it. History based so can only last so long.
            Yes I am mate. Ragnar is a hard act to follow, but yes I'm enjoying it. We've still got Lagertha! But Ragnar's sons - Bjorn apart (that's not a pun by the way!) - aren't nearly as engaging as their dad and Ivar the Boneless doesn't have any of his father's compelling traits apart from a penchant for extreme violence. Not so keen on the Jonathan Rhys Meyers character either. And now Floki's flucked off on his own little adventure, it feels a bit lost. But.... we've still got Lagertha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Yes I am mate. Ragnar is a hard act to follow, but yes I'm enjoying it. We've still got Lagertha! But Ragnar's sons - Bjorn apart (that's not a pun by the way!) - aren't nearly as engaging as their dad and Ivar the Boneless doesn't have any of his father's compelling traits apart from a penchant for extreme violence. Not so keen on the Jonathan Rhys Meyers character either. And now Floki's flucked off on his own little adventure, it feels a bit lost. But.... we've still got Lagertha!
              If I was Lagertha's prisoner I wouldn't want to escape :-) She also likes a bit of girl on girl action, so she's a 10 in my book ;-) Hoping our boys put up a decent fight instead of looking like gutless cowards who are out fought and out thought at every battle.

Comment

• For those who don't know what we're talking about!

Comment

• I don't know if anyone has mentioned this series before, but I've just started watching Godless - a Netflix production. I have to say, it is absolutely beautiful drama. Set in the 19th century in the American South West - New Mexico, Arizona, Texas - it has the lyricism of Lonesome Dove, with brilliantly portrayed characters. It stars Michelle Dockery of Downton Abbey fame and Jeff Daniels amongst others. The twist is the central location is a small mining town where nearly all the men have died following a collapse at the mine and the town is now run by the women. Worth a watch.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this series before, but I've just started watching Godless - a Netflix production. I have to say, it is absolutely beautiful drama. Set in the 19th century in the American South West - New Mexico, Arizona, Texas - it has the lyricism of Lonesome Dove, with brilliantly portrayed characters. It stars Michelle Dockery of Downton Abbey fame and Jeff Daniels amongst others. The twist is the central location is a small mining town where nearly all the men have died following a collapse at the mine and the town is now run by the women. Worth a watch.
                    Just finished it Hubbs. One of the best shows I've seen in a while and definitely gets a thumbs up from me. I thought Jeff Daniels was excellent as the baddie/preacher and going by the way it ended I don't think there will be a 2nd season. But money talks so who knows?

Comment

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this series before, but I've just started watching Godless - a Netflix production. I have to say, it is absolutely beautiful drama. Set in the 19th century in the American South West - New Mexico, Arizona, Texas - it has the lyricism of Lonesome Dove, with brilliantly portrayed characters. It stars Michelle Dockery of Downton Abbey fame and Jeff Daniels amongst others. The twist is the central location is a small mining town where nearly all the men have died following a collapse at the mine and the town is now run by the women. Worth a watch.
                      Are you familiar with the works of Steinbeck ?
                      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                      London Pride is a flower that's free.
                      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                      And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                        Are you familiar with the works of Steinbeck ?
                        I've read the Grapes of Wrath and Of Mice and Men. Great to see you back Lone!

Comment

Thank you for your recommondation, Hubble. The geografical setting and time period are both top notch for me. On a side note, Lonesome Dove is also on my must watch list. The first part of it is partly about the Comanches , I think`?
                          Edit: I must be thinking of Comanche Moon; Another mini series which is strongly connected to Lonesome Dowe, but not as highly rated as LD.
                          Last edited by Shania; 24-12-2017, 11:04 PM.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Watched godless and it was pretty good but I do have to say it was a bit same old same old. I was hoping for it to be a bit different to your normal western tbh. Maybe a more modern feel would of been the answer. Tbh making the women out to be hero's was all a bit wrong. They were lady like not the best gunslingers in town
                            Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 31-12-2017, 09:28 PM.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Watched Unabomber (based on true events) about the guy who sent parcel bombs via the US mail and well worth a look imho.

Comment

• Been watching Britannia (Sky) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a sucker for historical drama, particularly this period, and despite the 'nutty' tag, it's pretty spot on when it comes to shamanism and alternative realities. Great to see such an unusual take on the Roman invasion of Britain. Hard to get past the Donovan theme music though. Who the hell chose that?

Just started watching Shetland - latest series - not sure what it is about this crime drama set in... well, you've guessed it, the Shetland Isles, but I like it.

Watched McMafia - slick and watchable, but just a trifle far-fetched...

Comment

Working...
                                X