Bates Motel - WATRB TV series catch up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Haha, I though exactly the same thing. The problem with this season - for me - is that it's all rather predictable. Everything has been set up and now we're watching all the wheels turning in their set courses. It is certainly spectacular - as always - but it's lost it's edge. Hopefully there'll be a few more twists to surprise us.
    As there are only six episodes left, plots are going to play out, generally as expected. What did surprise me *spoiler alert* was Sansa stitching up Little Finger. The special effects, especially the dragons are amazing. I'm sure there'll still be the odd twist in the final season. Maybe there'll be a couple of spin off series afterwards??

Comment

• Narcos 3 (complete season) released on Netflix.
      1 and 2 were excellent, even though PE won't be in it, high hopes that it will still be a good watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperP View Post
        Narcos 3 (complete season) released on Netflix.
        1 and 2 were excellent, even though PE won't be in it, high hopes that it will still be a good watch.
        Perfect to binge watch with no games this weekend. I was a bit disappointed how Season 1 covered such a short period of Escobar's life, and Season 2 went through like an entire decade. A bit of balance would've been nice. Will be interesting to see how it develops without the main character. Hopefully it will go in the way of Homeland, which I felt got better without Brody (especially his annoying daughter, although his wife was smoking)

Comment

• I've started watching Breaking Bad again! It's the bomb. Nothing comes close. Totally immersed, halfway through season 2. Had to have something to fill the void!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
            Perfect to binge watch with no games this weekend. I was a bit disappointed how Season 1 covered such a short period of Escobar's life, and Season 2 went through like an entire decade. A bit of balance would've been nice. Will be interesting to see how it develops without the main character. Hopefully it will go in the way of Homeland, which I felt got better without Brody (especially his annoying daughter, although his wife was smoking)
            Agreed season 1 had enough content to make another. Perhaps they were worried that it would get canned if they didn't start with a bang. Watched the first 3 episodes of s3 and so far so good.
            Didn't like Brody either but Carrie is hot ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperP View Post
              Agreed season 1 had enough content to make another. Perhaps they were worried that it would get canned if they didn't start with a bang. Watched the first 3 episodes of s3 and so far so good.
              Didn't like Brody either but Carrie is hot ;-)
              Narcos season 3 so far has been excellent, actually on par with Season 1 and poss better than Season 2. Impressive! Maria is smoking!

Slasher is also another excellent series, serial killer / small town / 7 deadly sins

Comment

Narcos season 3 so far has been excellent, actually on par with Season 1 and poss better than Season 2. Impressive! Maria is smoking!

Slasher is also another excellent series, serial killer / small town / 7 deadly sins
                Will check Slasher out after I've finished Narcos.

Comment

• Haven't caught up with the last couple of pages, but following the completion of the latest GoT series (un-farking-real btw!) I watched Ozark which is a good watch. Hopefully they do a 2nd season of that.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Haven't caught up with the last couple of pages, but following the completion of the latest GoT series (un-farking-real btw!) I watched Ozark which is a good watch. Hopefully they do a 2nd season of that.
                    I thought GOT was blinding and the special effects (especially the dragons) were amazing, although Hubbs found it a little bit too predictable :-)
                    Ozark was also very good and hopefully there will be another season.

Comment

• Narcos season 3 done, very very good. I'd argue the best season so far..!

Comment

Narcos season 3 done, very very good. I'd argue the best season so far..!
                        Excellent. Word of warning for anyone streaming it through an android box. There is a lot of Spanish dialogue and not all links have subtitles.

Comment

• Anyone looking for something to watch, give 'Mindhunter' a try. It's about how criminal 'profiling' came about and is well worth checking out.
                          'The Deuce' is set in the 70/80's and is about the #### industry and also worth a look.
                          'Bad blood' is a 6 part mini series about a mafia boss in Canada (based on a true story) is another I'd recommend.

Comment

• Which one of those do you think is the best Uppers? Reason I ask is it getting to the stage where we're so saturated with TV drama that it's getting harder to pick the wheat from the chaff. And I don't want to waste my time getting involved in a series that's not top notch.

I gave up on two recently after the first episode: 4 Blocks - a crime drama about Arab gangsters in Berlin - found it hard to like any of the characters or get involved and it was all a bit cliched - and Hell on Wheels - a Western revenge drama set just after the US civil war. It was all the perfect white teeth in the second one that did it for me. I like my drama realistic these days. That and Colm Meany's totally OTT railroad boss.

What's frustrating is that crap TV like Hell on Wheels ( and plenty much worse than that) gets more series, whereas as absolutely excellent series like Almost Human (for example), a sci-fi crime drama set in near future, don't get a second series.

And on that note, the previously highly entertaining Ray Donovan has been flabby this season, almost literally losing the plot, full of mawkish flashbacks and far too much backstory. The last two episodes were good though. Outlander is back for its third series and I'm enjoying that. The stylish and interesting (especially to me as it concerns crypto-currency!) crime drama Startup is back for a second series, I'm enjoying that too.

Bottom line, it's quality I'm looking for! Keep those suggestions coming!
                            Last edited by Hubble; 01-11-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• No ones mentioned tin star, I thought it was superb
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                Which one of those do you think is the best Uppers? Reason I ask is it getting to the stage where we're so saturated with TV drama that it's getting harder to pick the wheat from the chaff. And I don't want to waste my time getting involved in a series that's not top notch.

I gave up on two recently after the first episode: 4 Blocks - a crime drama about Arab gangsters in Berlin - found it hard to like any of the characters or get involved and it was all a bit cliched - and Hell on Wheels - a Western revenge drama set just after the US civil war. It was all the perfect white teeth in the second one that did it for me. I like my drama realistic these days. That and Colm Meany's totally OTT railroad boss.

What's frustrating is that crap TV like Hell on Wheels ( and plenty much worse than that) gets more series, whereas as absolutely excellent series like Almost Human (for example), a sci-fi crime drama set in near future, don't get a second series.

And on that note, the previously highly entertaining Ray Donovan has been flabby this season, almost literally losing the plot, full of mawkish flashbacks and far too much backstory. The last two episodes were good though. Outlander is back for its third series and I'm enjoying that. The stylish and interesting (especially to me as it concerns crypto-currency!) crime drama Startup is back for a second series, I'm enjoying that too.

Bottom line, it's quality I'm looking for! Keep those suggestions coming!
                                IMO Mindhunter is excellent and I'd recommend that as my number 1 pick. WeAre Tin Star is very good tv too.

Comment

Working...
                                X