Bates Motel - WATRB TV series catch up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loneranger View Post
    Watched it hubs,easy enough viewing, no frills,no thinking fodder.
    Perfectly summed up Lone.

Comment

• Just wondering what you guys make of these lists of what reviewers consider the best US TV series of all time?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#United_States

Comment

• RIP Peter Quinn
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

• Considering the title of the thread, haven't seen anyone comment on the 5th and final series. Won't give anything away in case some haven't watched it, but excellent show IMO and a decent ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            RIP Peter Quinn
            Nice spoiler! Thought it was the weakest season by far

Havent watched Bates Yet. Going through House of Cards season 5, then Billions season 2 and then will get onto Bates. Its the final season right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              Nice spoiler! Thought it was the weakest season by far

Havent watched Bates Yet. Going through House of Cards season 5, then Billions season 2 and then will get onto Bates. Its the final season right?
              This thread has gone quiet and just wondered if the recent crackdown on streaming is the reason why?
              Game of Cards is excellent. Cleverly written and very well acted. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright (she's still looks amazing) are just perfect for the lead roles.
              Bates motel was also a top notch show and unlike a few series I've seen (Sons of Anarchy), had a decent ending. I didn't think it was going to be my cup of tea, but I'm glad that I listened to all you guys on here who recommended it.
              I've just started watching Jamestown and so far so good. It's about English settlers in Georgia circa 1619. Won't give too much away, but give it a go if you've got the time.

Comment

• Yes, I think it's ended.

I want to watch 'House of cards', so many have said it's good. I'm currently watching a French drama called 'The Returned', it's now made in English too, you can find it in the US section of Netflix.

Comment

• Ok two great series to report on, American Gods and Animal Kingdom.

AK I've watched the first series and the second's just started. It's about a crime family in Southern California headed by the fantastic Ellen Barkin. Really enjoyable and great characters.

AG is full on and far out. Anyone with a working knowledge of Norse Mythology (whaddya mean, that's unlikely on here?!) will get the backstory. Ian McShane plays his usual dark maverick as the mysterious Mr Wednesday (clue, based on Norse god Woden, where the name Wednesday comes from) and there are some seriously powerful scenes, several of a sexual nature, so those of a prurient disposition, look away! I'm up to episode 3 so far.

Comment

• Yes, American Gods is on my list having come highly recommended.

Started watching episode one of The Preacher too having been sold by its trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      Ok two great series to report on, American Gods and Animal Kingdom.

AK I've watched the first series and the second's just started. It's about a crime family in Southern California headed by the fantastic Ellen Barkin. Really enjoyable and great characters.

AG is full on and far out. Anyone with a working knowledge of Norse Mythology (whaddya mean, that's unlikely on here?!) will get the backstory. Ian McShane plays his usual dark maverick as the mysterious Mr Wednesday (clue, based on Norse god Woden, where the name Wednesday comes from) and there are some seriously powerful scenes, several of a sexual nature, so those of a prurient disposition, look away! I'm up to episode 3 so far.
                      Haha I do. On a second note; Didn`t Neil Gaiman write a novel called American Gods? I take this series is based on the novel?
                      Last edited by Shania; 22-06-2017, 09:22 AM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Ok two great series to report on, American Gods and Animal Kingdom.

Up to date with Animal Kingdom and it's a very good show. There is another series called Kingdom which is also a good watch. The main characters are an ex mma champion who owns a gym and trains fighters and his sons who also fight. The way I've described it sounds like it's a documentary, but it's fictional and has a bit of everything. Sex and drugs and rock and roll plus the fighting. What's not to like :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Haha I do. On a second note; Didn`t Neil Gaiman write a novel called American Gods? I take this series is based on the novel?
                          Yes it's based on Neil Gaiman's book, I think he's very involved with the show too. I went to see him talk about it and his love of Norse mythology at the Southbank earlier this year. Very cool guy is Mr Gaiman.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                            Up to date with Animal Kingdom and it's a very good show. There is another series called Kingdom which is also a good watch. The main characters are an ex mma champion who owns a gym and trains fighters and his sons who also fight. The way I've described it sounds like it's a documentary, but it's fictional and has a bit of everything. Sex and drugs and rock and roll plus the fighting. What's not to like :-)
                            Kingdom sounds good mate.

Comment

Yes it's based on Neil Gaiman's book, I think he's very involved with the show too. I went to see him talk about it and his love of Norse mythology at the Southbank earlier this year. Very cool guy is Mr Gaiman.
                              Ok, sounds interesting.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Just started watching cadfael.really great viewing.
                                "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                                London Pride is a flower that's free.
                                London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                                And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X