Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    I can't stick Adam Sandler and his comedy's are dreadful because he must be the least funny actor I have ever seen. Like most said I really don't get how he's had a career but then Americans look for different things in a comedy. I like a little subtleness but the bloke is so untalented and I would now avoid him and totally useless. Got quarry to watch and then bloodline

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by UpperP View Post
    I can't explain it tbh. Maybe it's because for a period in time, it seemed that there wasn't a comedy film that he wasn't in.
    TBH I've never found Sandler funny. There was one film - punchdrunk love I think it was called - where he was uncomfortable to watch. I actually can't work out why he's been so successful.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by loneranger View Post
    Do you hate his face or just how he speaks ? I like him as he has the same crowd in most of his movies and of late his children get little run outs in them n all.
    I can't explain it tbh. Maybe it's because for a period in time, it seemed that there wasn't a comedy film that he wasn't in.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Non cey and although they let him out stilll thought the fella was guilty. Maybe that's what they want you to think and it would make a change from the norm if he was? As you rate it highly, I might give it another try.
    That's right, it's part of the plot mate - you've got to stick with it. I honestly think it's fantastic drama.

Leave a comment:

• nanocopic
    replied
    Originally posted by MYU View Post
    I like Adam Sandler, don't know why but I do.

I started watching 'Making a Murderer', based on real CCTV footage. It shows just how corrupt the police force really are.

"He served 18 years for a crime he didn't commit. Now he's on the line again, and some want to see him put away for good."

Some of you will love this.

Making a murderer is a great show, if you like that the jinx and the staircase are other good ones to try. Did anyone here ever listen to the serial podcast about adnan sued?

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    I like Adam Sandler, don't know why but I do.

I started watching 'Making a Murderer', based on real CCTV footage. It shows just how corrupt the police force really are.

"He served 18 years for a crime he didn't commit. Now he's on the line again, and some want to see him put away for good."

Some of you will love this.

Leave a comment:

• loneranger
    replied
    I had to google Mr Deeds. For some unknown reason I really dislike Adam Sandler and can't bring myself to watch any of his movies.
    Do you hate his face or just how he speaks ? I like him as he has the same crowd in most of his movies and of late his children get little run outs in them n all.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    He's also the sneaky,sneaky dude in Mr.Deeds.
    I had to google Mr Deeds. For some unknown reason I really dislike Adam Sandler and can't bring myself to watch any of his movies.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    I've watched the 1st 3 episodes of a new series called 'Quarry' and it's definitely got potential. It's about a guy finding things tough after coming home from Nam and having 'to do what a man's gotta do' to survive.
    I've also started watching Start up with Martin Freeman and so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• loneranger
    replied
    Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
    Nasir's lawyer was from dirty rotten scoundrels, She was the woman Martin and Caine were trying to con.
    He's also the sneaky,sneaky dude in Mr.Deeds.

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Haha, I know what you mean, but don't you think they've got even stupider?
    They know that rubbing walker blood on them pretty much makes them immune. Yet when they go out on raids, they are clean as a whistle. They pack guns, supplies etc but never their best method of survival ffs!! I think if they employed common sense, they'd survive indefinitely and wheres the fun in that I guess?!

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Haha, I know what you mean, but don't you think they've got even stupider? It pretty much ruined the last series for me, especially the last few episodes. Here's the scenario: there's a crazy violent gang out to get us, what shall we do? I know, let's forget about defending our place, let's all go out individually and wander around until we get caught.... duh.

I loved the first five series of this. Not any more. Also, that place they live, where does the power come from FFS? Etc.!

And on the point of implausibility in drama and UP's comments regarding Ray Donovan, yes, I know what you mean, but for me dramatic licence covers it, whereas in TWD, it doesn't! After years of fighting off zombies and nutters, would they really be that dumb? Yes, I will still watch it.
    I watched the 1st series of TWD because everybody told me how good it is, but Zombies just don't do it for me.

Leave a comment:

• nanocopic
    replied
    I'm watching that at the moment.she didn't fancy it at first but we stuck with it and it's very good.you clocked what film the lawyer is out of ?
    Nasir's lawyer was from dirty rotten scoundrels, She was the woman Martin and Caine were trying to con.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Yeah my mate was raving about The Night Of too, so going to watch that next.

What was the word that got censored Upper P? Rectify was a bit too _________ for you?! I imagine it's not to everyones' taste but for me it's the most beautifully played and nuanced drama I've seen in years.
    Non cey and although they let him out stilll thought the fella was guilty. Maybe that's what they want you to think and it would make a change from the norm if he was? As you rate it highly, I might give it another try.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    I'm watching that at the moment.she didn't fancy it at first but we stuck with it and it's very good.you clocked what film the lawyer is out of ?
    Glad your enjoying it. Which lawyer? The female defence one's face looks familiar and I'm pretty sure she's a British actress.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X