Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I'm in the same boat mate. Just waiting to see if this current climb is just a mini spike or a genuine recovery. Interestingly, I've just been reading a report that says historically Bitcoin is at it's cheapest on a Sunday and most expensive on a Friday.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@datagee...-data-analysis

Genuinely not sure whether to stick or twist right now!
    As I said above two clear days of green is usually a good sign of recovery.

Anyway you only need to dip your toe in the water with as little as say 30 if that's all you want to risk. Only invest as much as you can afford to lose is always the golden rule.
    IMO
    YMMV
    LOL

Comment

• 2 weeks waiting time to clear ID docs for me apparently so won't be buying for the moment.
      "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        2 weeks waiting time to clear ID docs for me apparently so won't be buying for the moment.
        Really?

I got set up straight away on Coinbase. Bought a small amount of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Etherium this afternoon just to test the water. Will see what the next few weeks bring before I decide if I'm gonna put some proper money into it!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 07-02-2018, 06:20 PM.
        Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
        Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Comment

Really?

I got set up straight away on Coinbase. Bought a small amount of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Etherium this aternoon just to test the water. Will see what the next few weeks bring before I decide if I'm gonna put some proper money into it!
          Slightly higher fees on Coinbase but the advantage is it's a lot quicker to set up and with the added convenience of linking it directly to your debit/credit card.
          IMO
          YMMV
          LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Slightly higher fees on Coinbase but the advantage is it's a lot quicker to set up and with the added convenience of linking it directly to your debit/credit card.
            Half expecting them to pull the plug on me anyway. Most of these Crypto trading sites aren't available to SA residents, so I've had to tell them a few porky pies. Part of the reason I've started small!
            Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
            Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Comment

Half expecting them to pull the plug on me anyway. Most of these Crypto trading sites aren't available to SA residents, so I've had to tell them a few porky pies. Part of the reason I've started small!
              Try this one for South Africa mate: https://localbitcoins.com/country/ZA You'll get a lower rate. LocalBitcoins is very well established throughout the world. It allows you to cut out the middle-man by buying and selling directly with anyone. Funds are held in escrow until bank transfer completes, which protects both parties. Traders are rated too allowing you to only trade with people who have a good rating and reputation - similar to eBay, Amazon etc. They have a different site for every country. Here's the UK one for anyone interested: https://localbitcoins.com/country/GB
              IMO
              YMMV
              LOL

Comment

• Bitc is creeping back up. Panic over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Bitc is creeping back up. Panic over.
                  That kinda depends when you bought in to be fair ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                    That kinda depends when you bought in to be fair ;)
                    Means its rising again though and not going down to zero and collapsing.
                    That 100k a coin will come, it will, it will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      How would that work Hove if there's currently over 1500 cryptocurrencies and rising?
                      Once the dollar collapses what option is left? Fortunately every man and his dog are investing in crypto so the masses are more than familiar. Perfect conditions for the transition.

Comment

• At least we know we can trust the creator of bitcoin. What a lovely story and a nice guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          Once the dollar collapses what option is left? Fortunately every man and his dog are investing in crypto so the masses are more than familiar. Perfect conditions for the transition.
                          Oh ok, so when you say "Cryptocurrency = One world currency" you don't mean one cryptocurrency? Or if you're suggesting it'll be bitcoin it's still way too early on to know that for certain. It could turn out to be one of its forks, or we could even see a flippening with something like Ethereum as some are foreseeing. I can't see all the other altcoins dying out though. Most of them will yes, but some of them have too much momentum and utility now.

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          At least we know we can trust the creator of bitcoin. What a lovely story and a nice guy
                          It's an amazing story indeed, but the thing is we don't even know if the creator was an actual person. Many theories abound on this, one of the most plausible being that 'Satoshi Nakamoto' was the name given to a small consortium of founders and developers.
                          IMO
                          YMMV
                          LOL

Comment

• I mean the one world currency will be in the form of cryptocurrency or something digital. The masses are being programmed into accepting crypto before the transition takes place. The last 6 months or so has reaffirmed my suspicions about crypto, I mean even my mum has been asking me for crypto investment advice, serious red flag. I dont need to elaborate on the issues that will arise from a crypto one world currency/cashless society.

My point about "Mr. Bitcoin" was that nobody knows who set it up but most seem to assume it was setup for utopian reasons. Very naive IMO.

Lastly, the recent dow crash is so obviously man made/controlled (whatever the word is) and is a clear sign of what is ahead this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              I mean the one world currency will be in the form of cryptocurrency or something digital.
                              Ok, but do you mean one single cryptocurrency? That's the only bit of your premise I don't follow.

Not sure if I'm being thick here Hove, or you're not explaining it clearly
                              IMO
                              YMMV
                              LOL

Comment

• I'm surprised by your apparent paranoia about this Hovis! The 'one world currency' idea has long been a spectre raised by so-called conspiracy theorists, and I say that advisedly, because many people on this form consider me to be one of those. Personally I think I am nothing of the sort; I am a geopolitical observer and as such have opinions that differ widely with those reported in the mainstream media.

That's it really. In this instance, the idea of a 'one world currency' is that it will be inherently bad because it will be monopolised and owned by a global elite who will use it therefore to dominate the rest of us. It's an idea that has - excuse the pun - currency. However, from my perspective, cryptocurrency offers entirely the opposite position: democratised and transparent currencies that are not monopolised and are used for the benefit of all. After all, we do need some for of exchange in order to trade goods etc., do we not? Until very recently, pretty much the only way you could do that was with the fiat currencies issued by the private banking cartels on behalf of governments. You could and can of course trade using other things of value, such as gold or diamonds or what have you, but that's a hell of a lot harder than a bank transfer or a debit card. Cryptocurrencies offer us a new, more transparent way of trading, without the middle-men governments and without the banking cartels running it. That's why I find your position strange Hovis - because you state:

The masses are being programmed into accepting crypto before the transition takes place. The last 6 months or so has reaffirmed my suspicions about crypto, I mean even my mum has been asking me for crypto investment advice, serious red flag. I dont need to elaborate on the issues that will arise from a crypto one world currency/cashless society.

From my observation this is entirely the wrong way round. Crypto represents an alternative to the fiat currency system. It has been rigorously attacked by the mainstream media, governments and the banking cartels because they can't control it. The only reason the MSM got on board very recently is because they could no longer ignore what was happening. The sudden about face in position created a huge and sudden interest in crypto, which resulted in the price spike. Because that was an untenable, unrealistic position, the price has subsequently fallen back to one that is more realistic, and will continue to grow steadily again, to reflect the position of btc as a store of currency, and the plethora of other altcoins as performing all sorts of useful functions, depending on their USPs. The MSM is now crowing that the 'bubble has burst' and they think that's great because they are terrified of change that they don't understand, and crypto represents that. However, they are wrong now and they were wrong before. The MSM is always behind the curve and that's one reason why I never take it seriously.

Of course, the banking cartels and many of the world governments are desperately seeking a solution that will allow them to exert control again. What's interesting is how they have to continually change their positions as each attempt to do this has failed so far. Will they get on board with crypto? Will they produce their own crypto (as Russia, China and Venezuela are doing)? They might all get together and collude to create a "one world currency" but I think that's unlikely, as they have such widely diverged vested interests. The banks themselves may try to do this of course, and a cashless society is indeed the banks and the governments wet dream. We should be wary of that. However, what was never countenanced when the idea of a one world currency was first mooted is the idea of crypto. This has entirely changed the game, IMO, and all bets are off. Watch this space.

Comment

Working...
                                X