Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $6700 now. Would be panicking if I had bought in December.
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

Comment

• Sadly for me I have way too much tied up elsewhere to go Krypto. Those biting on the Kirill stance have to realise he does love an argument and, moreover, despite anything he has to say, he comes from a morally depressed and suppressed background. His on-line persona is a farcical fantasy
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• LOL - I forgot what I came here to say. I see that Lloyd's/HBOS group has banned the purchase of Bitcoin via their credit card facilities - I wonder if that is concern about large "credit based" investment alone. The cynic would say they should have banned it earlier whereas the pessimist would say they fear a huge debt flow, if the price fails to reward credit card speculators.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Yeah i posted the link from the daily mail this morning blue mate.
          They are stopping it cos you dont actually have to pay credit cards back so a good few people were obviously just trying to get more free money from free money.
          Damage limitation.

Comment

• This current dip seems to be a direct result of a number of leading financial institutions blocking cryptocurrency transactions made using their cards, and China attempting to ban them altogether. Could be an interesting few weeks!
            Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
            Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Comment

• $6k now...how low will it go do you guys think?

Comment

• It was always going to be a rocky road as we start to transition from the old fiat-based financial system to a new one that is far more democratic, open and transparent. But one thing's for certain, cryptocurrencies ain't going away. The recent volatility is nothing new - this is exactly what you'd expect on the path towards wider (and ultimately universal) adoption. We've seen this all before already and it's been widely discussed in this thread.

To give an example of how far off the mark some of people are in regard to their perception of cryptocurrencies, here's an article from today's papers which gives some idea of the scope, the breadth and the possibility, as well as the hope that crypto offers: https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...yrian-children

"The UN’s children’s agency, Unicef, has launched a futuristic pilot project to utilise the cryptocurrency Ethereum to raise money for Syrian children.The scheme is part of wider efforts by Unicef and other UN agencies to find uses for the “blockchain” technology associated with the cryptocurrency – the world’s second largest after the Bitcoin – to revolutionise not only how aid organisations raise money but also to increase transparency in their financial transactions.
                Blockchain – which emerged as one of the underpinnings of Bitcoin – is a shared record of transactions maintained by a network of computers. It has become a key technology because of its ability to record and keep track of assets or transactions with no need for middlemen."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  $6k now...how low will it go do you guys think?
                  I'm watching with a lot of interest. I'm not 100% Bitcoin is the way to go, but I agree with Hubble that Cryptos are here to stay and in the long run, will only go 1 way (as long as you back the right ones).

This current volatility presents a great opportunity. Personally I'll be putting some money into Cryptocurrency, just as soon as things stabilise a bit.

Comment

• While we on the subject of volatility, have people been checking out the stock markets? Big plunges in the last few days. The financial world is in turmoil.
                    Last edited by Hubble; 06-02-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Good points as always Hubble. Blockchain technology is definitely the future but the majority of today's crypto currency's will disappear to be replaced by government controlled ones. I know, whats the point in that but no way will the government allow private citizens to create and control currency.

Regarding the stock market, I wouldn't say we are in turmoil...just a mini correction after such a sustained bull run. US Stock futures are pointing up today (as I typed this, the Dow turned negative) which I'm thankful for as the world markets usually follow them. I've had 6+months of gains basically wiped out in 2 days...with more to come today from my UK and Asia holdings. Brutal, but a great buying opportunity.

Comment

$6k now...how low will it go do you guys think?
                        Nearly back to 8k today.

Comment

Nearly back to 8k today.
                          Yes, I thought it would take longer start to climb back up to be honest Bri. I think its overall trend will be inexorably up, but inevitably there are all sorts of peaks and troughs along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Yes, I thought it would take longer start to climb back up to be honest Bri. I think its overall trend will be inexorably up, but inevitably there are all sorts of peaks and troughs along the way.
                            Yeah, from what I read I thought it would drop a little more and then climb. Signing up with bitstamp.net today (recommended by a friend). Not sure when I will actually buy but want to be ready to go when i do.

Comment

• Two clear days of green now, which is usually indicative of market recovery.

Comment

Yeah, from what I read I thought it would drop a little more and then climb. Signing up with bitstamp.net today (recommended by a friend). Not sure when I will actually buy but want to be ready to go when i do.
                                I'm in the same boat mate. Just waiting to see if this current climb is just a mini spike or a genuine recovery. Interestingly, I've just been reading a report that says historically Bitcoin is at it's cheapest on a Sunday and most expensive on a Friday.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@datagee...-data-analysis

Genuinely not sure whether to stick or twist right now!

Comment

Working...
                                X