Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    The only thing that surprises me is how this financial scam has lasted for so long.
    Hopefully the US dollar will plummet soon as well, not worth more than toilet paper.
    From the man who advised people to 'get out of dodge' when the price was about 200. Thanks for that mate. You're not bitter you didn't get on board then at all, are you?

Meanwhile crypto continues to move on apace as the future financial system for the planet. Latest word is Amazon are planning to set up their own cryptocurrency exchange: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ency-exchanges

Comment

• Hope nobody on here had any money in Benebit.
      Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
      Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Comment

• Thought to be a first where an armed gang raided a private address in Oxfordshire and forced someone to transfer their bitcoins into another account
        Last edited by lymehoop; 28-01-2018, 10:15 PM.
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          From the man who advised people to 'get out of dodge' when the price was about 200. Thanks for that mate.
          You are so cool.
          Keep gambling !!

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            You are so cool.
            Thanks for acknowledging that.

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            Keep gambling !!
            I don't think any of us who invested in bitcoin and other cryptos have done too badly mate, and I'm fairly certain they're glad they didn't follow your advice! Shame you didn't listen to what others have been saying in this thread, you could have done very well yourself. But it's far from too late of course. There are all sorts of altcoins with excellent USPs that are still very affordable: ripple, EOS, Stratis, Golem, BAT, to name but a few.

I'm not sure what your problem with cryptocurrency is exactly as you have never made your reasoning clear, and when I asked you, you never replied. Perhaps your opposition is ideological, which seems a strange position to take, especially coming from someone who seems clearly opposed to fiat currencies. But please do enlighten us.

Comment

Thanks for acknowledging that.

I don't think any of us who invested in bitcoin and other cryptos have done too badly mate, and I'm fairly certain they're glad they didn't follow your advice! Shame you didn't listen to what others have been saying in this thread, you could have done very well yourself. But it's far from too late of course. There are all sorts of altcoins with excellent USPs that are still very affordable: ripple, EOS, Stratis, Golem, BAT, to name but a few.

I'm not sure what your problem with cryptocurrency is exactly as you have never made your reasoning clear, and when I asked you, you never replied. Perhaps your opposition is ideological, which seems a strange position to take, especially coming from someone who seems clearly opposed to fiat currencies. But please do enlighten us.
              I think he just likes an argument mate. I for one am kicking myself that I never got into Bitcoin 5 years or so ago when I first heard about it. Even a few hundred quid at that point would have been worth 10's of thousands now.

Wouldn't have bothered me if I'd only heard about it late in the game but I knew all about it. I even downloaded a Tor Browser and had a little dig around the dark web. Logged onto the Silk Road and saw thousands of dollars worth of Bitcoins changing hands every day. I dropped a right clanger in not realising that Bitcoin's potential was far greater than illicit transactions on the dark web!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 29-01-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I think he just likes an argument mate. I for one am kicking myself that I never got into Bitcoin 5 years or so ago when I first heard about it. Even a few hundred quid at that point would have been worth 10's of thousands now.

Wouldn't have bothered me if I'd only heard about it late in the game but I knew all about it. I even downloaded a Tor Browser and had a little dig around the dark web. Logged onto the Silk Road and saw thousands of dollars worth of Bitcoins changing hands every day. I dropped a right clanger in not realising that Bitcoin's potential was far greater than illicit transactions on the dark web!
                Bummer Tarbs!! Impressed you were that involved early doors. But like I say, still plenty of opportunities to get on board with altcoins that are still relatively cheap.

Comment

Bummer Tarbs!! Impressed you were that involved early doors. But like I say, still plenty of opportunities to get on board with altcoins that are still relatively cheap.
                  I was just fascinated when I was told about the dark web. At the time it all just seemed too crazy to be real. This huge online space where nothing is referenced or traceable, and anything at all goes. I had to see it all with my own eyes, so I downloaded the Tor Browser and got my hands on a directory of IP Addresses for various sites.

The first thing I looked at was the Silk Road (obviously). This was long before the FBI got hold of them, and before Silk Road 2.0. It was mad, guys trading every drug you can think off. Punters giving the traders a rating and feedback on the quality of their gear, and how well disguised the delivery was etc. I also checked out a few sites where you could hire contract killers.......worrying how cheap it was too. Then I found some sites for buying new identities etc. It was literally a criminal's wet dream.

Of course, all of these sites traded in Bitcoin. I should have really twigged at the time that the anonymity and lack of regulation or paper trail that Bitcoins offered was bound to have uses far beyond illicit transactions on the dark web......but I didn't. I read up on all of it and decided I didn't want to put my money in something that was so closely linked to so much illegal activity. You live and learn, don't you?!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    I was just fascinated when I was told about the dark web. At the time it all just seemed too crazy to be real. This huge online space where nothing is referenced or traceable, and anything at all goes. I had to see it all with my own eyes, so I downloaded the Tor Browser and got my hands on a directory of IP Addresses for various sites.

The first thing I looked at was the Silk Road (obviously). This was long before the FBI got hold of them, and before Silk Road 2.0. It was mad, guys trading every drug you can think off. Punters giving the traders a rating and feedback on the quality of their gear, and how well disguised the delivery was etc. I also checked out a few sites where you could hire contract killers.......worrying how cheap it was too. Then I found some sites for buying new identities etc. It was literally a criminal's wet dream.

Of course, all of these sites traded in Bitcoin. I should have really twigged at the time that the anonymity and lack of regulation or paper trail that Bitcoins offered was bound to have uses far beyond illicit transactions on the dark web......but I didn't. I read up on all of it and decided I didn't want to put my money in something that was so closely linked to so much illegal activity. You live and learn, don't you?!!
                    You certainly do! However, I've always found that reasoning to be strange Tarbs, because of course it's not as if criminals in every shape and form don't use dollars, pounds, punts and any other currency to trade with, sell, steal and so on.... and the biggest criminals of all are of course those who wear suits and work in banks and rip the rest of us off to the tune of billions daily. In fact I'd go so far as to say fiat currencies and the financial system that supports them are basically criminal.

Comment

You certainly do! However, I've always found that reasoning to be strange Tarbs, because of course it's not as if criminals in every shape and form don't use dollars, pounds, punts and any other currency to trade with, sell, steal and so on.... and the biggest criminals of all are of course those who wear suits and work in banks and rip the rest of us off to the tune of billions daily. In fact I'd go so far as to say fiat currencies and the financial system that supports them are basically criminal.
                      Don't get me wrong mate, it wasn't a moral decision in the slightest.

My concern was more that FBI or Interpol would clamp down on dodgy sites on the dark web at some stage, and the ar$e would fall out of Bitcoin. This of course did prove to be the case with Bitcoin plummeting on a couple of occasions as a direct result of dark web marketplaces being hit by the FBI.

My mistake was only seeing the value of Bitcoin in the sense of it being a currency for use on the dark web. I failed to see that it had the potential to be much more than that!

Comment

• Check out @CryptoDaRock’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/CryptoDaRock/sta...0%7Ctwterm%5E2

Comment

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Bitcoin.html

Comment

• Loads of naysayers coming out the woodwork.
                            The 'monkey' anology is doing the rounds.

Interesting analogy on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency!

A lot of monkeys lived near a village.
                            One day a merchant came to the village to buy these monkeys!
                            He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 each.
                            The villagers thought that this man is mad.
                            They thought how can somebody buy stray monkeys at $100 each?
                            Still, some people caught some monkeys and gave it to this merchant and he gave $100 for each monkey.
                            This news spread like wildfire and people caught monkeys and sold it to the merchant.
                            After a few days, the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 200 each.
                            The lazy villagers also ran around to catch the remaining monkeys!
                            They sold the remaining monkeys @ 200 each.
                            Then the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 500 each!

The villagers start to lose sleep! ... They caught six or seven monkey's which was all that was left and got 500 each.
                            The villagers were waiting anxiously for the next announcement.
                            Then the merchant announced that he is going home for a week. And when he returns, he will buy monkeys @ 1000 each!
                            He asked his employee to take care of the monkeys he bought. He was alone taking care of the monkeys he brought, he was alone taking care of the monkeys in the cage.
                            The merchant went home.
                            The villagers were very sad as there were no more monkeys left for them to sell it at $1000 each.
                            Then the employee told them that he will sell some monkeys @ 700 each secretly.
                            This news spread like fire. Since the merchant buys monkey @ 1000 each, there is a 300 profit for each monkey.
                            The next day, villagers made a queue near the monkey cage.
                            The employee sold all the monkeys at 700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big lots. The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys!
                            The villagers took care of their monkeys & waited for the merchant to return.
                            But nobody came! ...Then they ran to the employee...
                            But he has already left too !
                            The villagers then realised that they have bought the useless stray monkeys @ 700 each and unable to sell them!
                            The Bitcoin will be the next monkey business

It will make a lot of people bankrupt and a few people filthy rich in this monkey business.
                            That' how it will work
                            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 05-02-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Cryptocurrency = One world currency =

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                Cryptocurrency = One world currency =
                                How would that work Hove if there's currently over 1500 cryptocurrencies and rising?

Comment

Working...
                                X