Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Tarbie, that's because the founders of Bitcoin.com are all behind 'Bitcoin Cash' which is in direct competition with Bitcoin, so it's just dirty tactics basically to attempt to devalue Bitcoin. One of the main causes for yesterday's flash crash was due to Bitcoin Cash commencing trading on Coinbase and its Gdax exchange, but as you'll see now BTC has already recovered from it.

More here:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitco...o-bitcoin-cash

https://www.bitcoin.com/info/bitcoin-cash-is-bitcoin
    Brilliant Stan - I'd forgotten about the BCH consortium, but I knew it smelt dodgy - this completely explains it.

Comment

Tarbie, that's because the founders of Bitcoin.com are all behind 'Bitcoin Cash' which is in direct competition with Bitcoin, so it's just dirty tactics basically to attempt to devalue Bitcoin. One of the main causes for yesterday's flash crash was due to Bitcoin Cash commencing trading on the Gdax exchange, but as you'll see now BTC has already recovered from it.

More here:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitco...o-bitcoin-cash

https://www.bitcoin.com/info/bitcoin-cash-is-bitcoin
      Yeah, that makes sense now. Pretty moody behaviour really!
      Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
      Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Brilliant Stan - I'd forgotten about the BCH consortium, but I knew it smelt dodgy - this completely explains it.
        They bought up the bitcoin.com domain to fool people into thinking it legitimately represents BTC, when in fact it's quite the opposite.
        IMO
        YMMV
        LOL

Comment

They bought up the bitcoin.com domain to fool people into thinking it legitimately represents BTC, when in fact it's quite the opposite.
          But these guys legitimately do trade Bitcoin, and have done since very early in Bitcoins existence. Isn't that the case Stan?

Clearly they've decided to take a different path these days though.
          Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
          Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Comment

• Hubs/Stan, thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.
            Given I’m just going to sit on my investment for at least a year or two I like the sound of the nano.
            I’ll openly admit I still don’t understand all this crypto malarkey but the house isn’t on it so I’ll just enjoy the ride.
            He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              But these guys legitimately do trade Bitcoin, and have done since very early in Bitcoins existence. Isn't that the case Stan?
              Yes they have, but for the last couple of years there have been disagreements within the bitcoin community over which direction it should go. Transaction times with BTC can be quite slow due to network congestion and bottlenecks. Its transaction fees are still relatively high too. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) was intended to resolve this issue quicker than BTC, which has Lightning Network on it's roadmap but it's not yet ready. BCH is making all sorts of other as yet unproven claims too such as improved rates of scalability and adoption.

These disagreements often lead to hard forks which is what happened with Ethereum and more recently with BTC, leading to BCH, closely followed by Bitcoin Gold (BCG). Then there was another called Segwit2x (Segregated Witness) which failed and there are still more being forecast.
              IMO
              YMMV
              LOL

Comment

• Crypto will become the new world currency next year, the Economist knew this in 1988.....
                theeconomist-phoenix_get_ready_for_world_currency_by_2018.jpg

Comment

• Impressive?

Comment

• Nice.

Comment

• Did it not plummet over Christmas

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Did it not plummet over Christmas
                        It sure did, and is already recovering to the record highs it reached at the beginning of the month.
                        IMO
                        YMMV
                        LOL

Comment

• Excellent read in this month's Spectator which I agree with every word of. It's unusual to find a MSM article lately that doesn't scatter FUD everywhere. This journalist, on the other hand, has actually done some proper investigation into the subject: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/...re-the-answer/
                          IMO
                          YMMV
                          LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              I wonder if you and I see the same thing - like all that's missing is the swastika?
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                I wonder if you and I see the same thing - like all that's missing is the swastika?
                                I believe we are Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X