No announcement yet.

Favourite quotes and aphorisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wives are young men`s mistresses, companions for middle age and old men`s nurses.

Francis Bacon
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I've spent all my money on booze, birds and betting. The rest I've squandered
      George Best
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        I've spent all my money on booze, birds and betting. The rest I've squandered
        George Best
        Classic

Comment

QPR71 will like this one

"Mythology is encoded in our DNA; unsubstantiated rumors, hearsay and half-truths become the grist for grande stories and wonderous oratories.
          But - enough about global warming ;-)"

- Captain Salty

Comment

A good hiding place is hard to find
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny

Comment

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Comment

The bigger the box, the bigger the things that won't fit in it.

Comment

I knew as soon as I first met my wife that I would spend the rest of my life with her. Unfortunately, even that was too late.

Comment

A mans got to know his limitations - Harry a QPR fan circa 2015

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Confucius say crowded elevator smell different to midget.

Comment

always fight fire with fire ( unless you`re a fireman of course )
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              I knew as soon as I first met my wife that I would spend the rest of my life with her. Unfortunately, even that was too late.
                              I've been married for over 40 years and haven't regretted one day of it. And that day was...
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                                I've been married for over 40 years and haven't regretted one day of it. And that day was...
                                sort of along the same lines ds

My wife and I have both had 20 years of happiness ............then we met

Comment

Working...
                                X