Nasser & Pinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasser & Pinkie

To nas the big football expert & experienced old head & technician! you failed to reply to this about Torres by the way lolol

Quote Originally Posted by nasser95 View Post
    I've played football enough and studied the game enough to not need my opinion invalidated on the matter. A good striker takes his chances. 18 shots from inside the penalty box with only 2 goals (one of which is actually Polter's goal) is not good enough. If he was as talented as people seem to believe he is, as a striker, he wouldn't snatch at chances, he'd keep his cool and put it away. Seb Polter, who people seem to think isn't good enough only has 19 shots inside the box, but scored 4 from them this season while supposedly being not good enough. Star striker Sylla has only needed 16 shots inside the box to score 6 goals.

He's also got a terrible first touch, worse than Polter, particularly relative to the size difference, but people still seem to rate his ability... He's got the most unsuccessful dribbles at the club total, shocking really, 23 unsuccessful and 10 successful dribbles total this season.

If there's validation for keeping Washington, there should be at least double the reason to keep Polter here ahead of him, but people seem content with letting the more effective of the two leave

To me youre stats mean nothing, so how do you explain torres at chelsea and his record before there and after?! which i do believe we discussed about him before but a different matter! personally dont like torres, but it kind of puts to bed youre stats really doesnt it?! or we`d be writing off players just on stats and not take into consideration anything else or reasons! if he was soo bad he would of been gone by now, he might even be a later starter and that time at peterboro might of just been abit false even, who knows, but im not interested in youre stats, i go by what i see in a player & how they put themself about and everything else ability wise!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    I wasn't debating any qualities C W might or might not have Topper I was pointing out the lack creativity supplied by our m/f they offer little cover to the defence and supplie little for whoever is playing up front

Dogs your right mate, but its no use trying to convince stats man who hailed jimmy and could see what he was trying to do and how interesting it was!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Dogs your right mate, but its no use trying to convince stats man who hailed jimmy and could see what he was trying to do and how interesting it was!
      Nas is entitled to his opinion mate. Not sure he's right on this occasion but doesn't mean his opinion is any less valid.

Simple answer to the CW conundurum would be to play him up front in a 2 for a fair run of games. Not sure that's gonna happen, so loathe to get rid of him cos I feel he could score goals at this level, he may be better off moving on so long as we get a decent wedge.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Nas is entitled to his opinion mate. Not sure he's right on this occasion but doesn't mean his opinion is any less valid.

Simple answer to the CW conundurum would be to play him up front in a 2 for a fair run of games. Not sure that's gonna happen, so loathe to get rid of him cos I feel he could score goals at this level, he may be better off moving on so long as we get a decent wedge.

I agree with you bakes but hes writing him off which is his opinion but writing him off on his stats, yet torres who was so called world class struggled at chelsea and his stats were shocking, but obviously not before or after chelsea! so kind of puts to bed about writing someone off just on stats as its not always the correct picture! i agree with you bakes on conor but nas is adamant hes ready for the rubbish heap lol

Comment

I agree with you bakes but hes writing him off which is his opinion but writing him off on his stats, yet torres who was so called world class struggled at chelsea and his stats were shocking, but obviously not before or after chelsea! so kind of puts to bed about writing someone off just on stats as its not always the correct picture! i agree with you bakes on conor but nas is adamant hes ready for the rubbish heap lol
          Yeh agree mate. He may/may not be good enough but it's too early to write him off imo until he's had a fair run in a side set up to get the maximum out of him.

Thing is, will that happen here?

Comment

His stats were poor after Chelsea, tbh his stats haven't been good since his last full season with Liverpool. He got the injury and wasn't the same player for Liverpool before he moved to Chelsea. He had bulked up to try and not get injured again and it lost him his pace. He only scored 11 last season for Atletico, hardly world class numbers. I think a lot of hype was made as Washington made the NI first team but he isn't up to the standard of getting us promoted. If we can make the most of the fact he has a good reputation and get our money back, I think we should I agree and don't think he was JFH's choice.

Comment

To nas the big football expert & experienced old head & technician! you failed to reply to this about Torres by the way lolol

Quote Originally Posted by nasser95 View Post
              I've played football enough and studied the game enough to not need my opinion invalidated on the matter. A good striker takes his chances. 18 shots from inside the penalty box with only 2 goals (one of which is actually Polter's goal) is not good enough. If he was as talented as people seem to believe he is, as a striker, he wouldn't snatch at chances, he'd keep his cool and put it away. Seb Polter, who people seem to think isn't good enough only has 19 shots inside the box, but scored 4 from them this season while supposedly being not good enough. Star striker Sylla has only needed 16 shots inside the box to score 6 goals.

He's also got a terrible first touch, worse than Polter, particularly relative to the size difference, but people still seem to rate his ability... He's got the most unsuccessful dribbles at the club total, shocking really, 23 unsuccessful and 10 successful dribbles total this season.

If there's validation for keeping Washington, there should be at least double the reason to keep Polter here ahead of him, but people seem content with letting the more effective of the two leave

To me youre stats mean nothing, so how do you explain torres at chelsea and his record before there and after?! which i do believe we discussed about him before but a different matter! personally dont like torres, but it kind of puts to bed youre stats really doesnt it?! or we`d be writing off players just on stats and not take into consideration anything else or reasons! if he was soo bad he would of been gone by now, he might even be a later starter and that time at peterboro might of just been abit false even, who knows, but im not interested in youre stats, i go by what i see in a player & how they put themself about and everything else ability wise!
              Please read my statement I specifically respond to you about the Torres thing, yet your inability to read my full statement suggests that you want to ignore any point that is related facts beyond your opinion. You lack the quality of forethought to reason with any argument you don't understand (a la my stats).

Also, stop saying sh it like "to me, your stats mean nothing"... they aren't my stats, they're Washington's, given your enamoured state towards Washington, I'd figure those would interest you. With regards to you only caring about what you see with your eyes, I refer you to my signature which you'll see below this post. Should clear up a bit more mate.

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Please read my statement I specifically respond to you about the Torres thing, yet your inability to read my full statement suggests that you want to ignore any point that is related facts beyond your opinion. You lack the quality of forethought to reason with any argument you don't understand (a la my stats).

Also, stop saying sh it like "to me, your stats mean nothing"... they aren't my stats, they're Washington's, given your enamoured state towards Washington, I'd figure those would interest you. With regards to you only caring about what you see with your eyes, I refer you to my signature which you'll see below this post. Should clear up a bit more mate.

Give it a break ffs lol, how old are you, soo obnoxius and arrogant, if i had of seen what you posted about torres, i wouldnt of re-quoted you! as for your "i lack quality of forethought!" who the f do you think youre talking to, just like with your you`re comment! im 48 and been around abit longer than you and was right into my stats back in the day but stats on a different side of football! so have abit of respect yourself instead of windeing people up with being obnoxius and completely arrogant!

Comment

Give it a break ffs lol, how old are you, soo obnoxius and arrogant, if i had of seen what you posted about torres, i wouldnt of re-quoted you! as for your "i lack quality of forethought!" who the f do you think youre talking to, just like with your you`re comment! im 48 and been around abit longer than you and was right into my stats back in the day but stats on a different side of football! so have abit of respect yourself instead of windeing people up with being obnoxius and completely arrogant!
                  Not trying to wind you up, just a bit tired of the fact that you keep trying to call me out wrt Washington without any validation. Bring him up when he starts playing well and scoring goals. At least Polter does that sometimes. Laughable to me that fanbase complains when a 7/10 player plays a 6 or 6.5 game, but when a 5/10 player like Washington plays to that level, he's done well. As far as I'm concerned, Polter's worst period of time playing for this club has been better than Washington's best, yet you're happy to lose Polter over Washington.

And as for you wanting to change the style of play, bad news, Loftus Road's pitch is too small to try being a through ball team. Try playing a through ball on this pitch and chances are, it's going straight to the keeper. Washington was the worst purchase we've made in a long time, not because he's less talented than others in that category (Toszer springs to mind), but because it made zero sense for us to ever try and play with a small striker who can only score when the ball is put on a plate for him.

Go back and look at what's worked for us. Helguson, Austin and now hopefully Sylla will score goals because they fed off scraps. Cisse and Remy didn't use their pace to abuse through balls, they positioned themselves well and ran fast with the ball, not without it and created chances themselves. Washington cannot do either of those so he shouldn't be here.

I'm 21 years old and I will show you the level of respect your statements deserve. I don't reserve respect for people who are older, I reserve it for people who earn it. Please don't think you're entitled to my respect because of your age. If you post something which I feel is respectable, I'll return the favour, just as you'd do with me.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Not trying to wind you up, just a bit tired of the fact that you keep trying to call me out wrt Washington without any validation. Bring him up when he starts playing well and scoring goals. At least Polter does that sometimes. Laughable to me that fanbase complains when a 7/10 player plays a 6 or 6.5 game, but when a 5/10 player like Washington plays to that level, he's done well. As far as I'm concerned, Polter's worst period of time playing for this club has been better than Washington's best, yet you're happy to lose Polter over Washington.

And as for you wanting to change the style of play, bad news, Loftus Road's pitch is too small to try being a through ball team. Try playing a through ball on this pitch and chances are, it's going straight to the keeper. Washington was the worst purchase we've made in a long time, not because he's less talented than others in that category (Toszer springs to mind), but because it made zero sense for us to ever try and play with a small striker who can only score when the ball is put on a plate for him.

Go back and look at what's worked for us. Helguson, Austin and now hopefully Sylla will score goals because they fed off scraps. Cisse and Remy didn't use their pace to abuse through balls, they positioned themselves well and ran fast with the ball, not without it and created chances themselves. Washington cannot do either of those so he shouldn't be here.

I'm 21 years old and I will show you the level of respect your statements deserve. I don't reserve respect for people who are older, I reserve it for people who earn it. Please don't think you're entitled to my respect because of your age. If you post something which I feel is respectable, I'll return the favour, just as you'd do with me.

Not read all the way through but comment "Go back and look at what's worked for us!" lol, think i can go back a damn sight more than you to know how we used to play, and absolute rubbish we cant play the way we should cos the pitch is too small lol, jesus what a daft comment seriously! think you need to go back and check how we used to play aswell! i do believe loftus road isnt as small a pitch as you are lead to believe!

21 sorry i thought you was even older than that tbh, you really do need to sort that i think im cleverer than you chip on youre shoulders cos with the way you are youll come unstuck, but i suppose youll learn that by the time youve grown up! & you should respect everybody youngman wether you know them or not, seen you being obnoxious and arrogant to quite a few on here, you need to cool that cos believe it or not, youre not god and you dont know everything just cos you studied it!

Comment

Just out of curiosity...how much shorter is our pitch to others? If our midfield had anything about them,they should be able to pass a through ball for the striker to run onto....teams that play against us do. Luongo and Co are all just rubbish at creating or passing to do so.

Comment

Not read all the way through but comment "Go back and look at what's worked for us!" lol, think i can go back a damn sight more than you to know how we used to play, and absolute rubbish we cant play the way we should cos the pitch is too small lol, jesus what a daft comment seriously! think you need to go back and check how we used to play aswell! i do believe loftus road isnt as small a pitch as you are lead to believe!

21 sorry i thought you was even older than that tbh, you really do need to sort that i think im cleverer than you chip on youre shoulders cos with the way you are youll come unstuck, but i suppose youll learn that by the time youve grown up! & you should respect everybody youngman wether you know them or not, seen you being obnoxious and arrogant to quite a few on here, you need to cool that cos believe it or not, youre not god and you dont know everything just cos you studied it!

Well said Pinkie! Some of the dross that boy writes is astonishing! I genuinely think My 7 year old daughter is more clued up on football but in all fairness to Nas she actually has played the game a fair few times!!

Nas is harmless but f*** me clueless and reminds me of the type of lad who plays for one of those div 9 Sunday league teams you hammer 16-0 in a cup game and comes off at the end of match thinking they were unlucky!!

Fair play though Nas you do make me chuckle at times though

Comment

I shouldnt of bit tbh but its the way he speaks down to people that does me, and he genuinely thinks he knows all about football above everyone else1 Anyway ill leave it at that or ill be getting a warning

BTW heres the premier league pitch measurements and ours!

Arsenal Emirates Stadium 105m x 68m
                          Aston Villa Villa Park 105m x 68m
                          Hull KC Stadium 105m x 68m
                          Manchester City Etihad Stadium 105m x 68m
                          Manchester United Old Trafford 105m x 68m
                          Newcastle St James' Park 105m x 68m
                          Southampton St Mary's Stadium 105m x 68m
                          Sunderland Stadium of Light 105m x 68m
                          Swansea Liberty Stadium 105m x 68m
                          West Brom The Hawthorns 105m x 68m
                          Burnley Turf Moor 103.51m x 65.01m
                          Chelsea Stamford Bridge 103m x 67.5m
                          Liverpool Anfield 101m x 68m
                          West Ham Upton Park 100.58m x 68m
                          Leicester King Power Stadium 100.58m x 67.67m
                          Crystal Palace Selhurst Park 100.56m x 67.67m
                          Everton Goodison Park 100.48m x 68m
                          Tottenham White Hart Lane 100m x 67m
                          Stoke Britannia Stadium 100m x 66m
                          QPR Loftus Road 100m x 65.86

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4V6T4txzd
                          Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Well said Pinkie! Some of the dross that boy writes is astonishing! I genuinely think My 7 year old daughter is more clued up on football but in all fairness to Nas she actually has played the game a fair few times!!

Nas is harmless but f*** me clueless and reminds me of the type of lad who plays for one of those div 9 Sunday league teams you hammer 16-0 in a cup game and comes off at the end of match thinking they were unlucky!!

Fair play though Nas you do make me chuckle at times though
                            Haha that is brilliant and bizarrely exactly how I see it!
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Nas is alright, give him a break . Don't think he's ever played but comes across as half decent. Can be nerdy in his stats we're all the same but different..
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X