Newcastle v QPR ***Match Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expected a defeat from today.

Anyway defence was just about ok, Cisse was Cisse, midfield was mostly **** .

Going to need to spend big next month or get crippled paying all those summer signing wages next year without the Sky cash. Ugly choice.

Comment

• could have done with at least a point today because i cant see us getting anything against West Brom on Wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
        I expected a defeat from today.

Anyway defence was just about ok, Cisse was Cisse, midfield was mostly **** .

Going to need to spend big next month or get crippled paying all those summer signing wages next year without the Sky cash. Ugly choice.
        Newcastle had not won in about seven games. If you were expecting a defeat today you are expecting to be relegated. There won't be any easier fixtures away from home this season and we didn't have one shot in anger. If Newcastle had played even half way decently we would have lost by four or five. Find it very hard to take anything positive out of that.

Comment

• Just can't believe the side we put out, just does not make sense against a side that was really struggiling

Comment

• Could be that HR did give a few of the players he wants changed their last chance to "shine" today.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by silvercue View Post
              Strangely some think getting behind the players helps them.....
              Yeah. Let's cheer on that mediocrity. It's make all the difference. We made a big mistake booing Hughes against Soton. Those that booed, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Newcastle had not won in about seven games. If you were expecting a defeat today you are expecting to be relegated. There won't be any easier fixtures away from home this season and we didn't have one shot in anger. If Newcastle had played even half way decently we would have lost by four or five. Find it very hard to take anything positive out of that.
                This.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Yes this squad is going to be relegated imo. Not good enough players. Not enough characters and winners. No balance and glaring gaps. Bad attitudes and primadonnas. To have a chance of staying up will require some real spending next month. Relegation means some real spending next year paying wages.
                  I was thinking it was a bit of a negative post but you thought it too positive

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    Trouble is if we go behind, we've shown nothing and got nothing.
                    This performance must be one of the poorest QPR performances ever!
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• No away win in the whole of 2012 .... hope the players feel embarrassed

Comment

• Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                        Yes this squad is going to be relegated imo. Not good enough players. Not enough characters and winners. No balance and glaring gaps. Bad attitudes and primadonnas. To have a chance of staying up will require some real spending next month. Relegation means some real spending next year paying wages.
                        I was thinking it was a bit of a negative post but you thought it too positive
                        Fair enough. Am sure we will just sign loans in Jan, then assuming the miracle doesn't work and we go down then there will be a mass clear out in the summer which is going to be painfully expensive as we are going to end up subsidising a lot of wages just to get lots of players off our books. Basically it looks as if we are going to be back where we started. This time I hope we do it properly, signing up and coming players such as Ince (yes I know we have left it far too late for him as he is going to Liverpool, but myself and several others were talking about him six months ago). That is we will have to rebuild with young championship players who have talent. Warnock did brilliantly to get us up on a tight budget but he basically did so with a squad that was never equipped to cope with the Premiership. We have been panic buying ever since to correct that, with very limited success.

Comment

• I really didn't expect a win today but thought an away draw would serve us well in keeping the unbeaten run going and a bit og momentum going in to Christmas! It's not so much the result that concerns me, we didn't lose much ground in the table, it's our shockingly poor play from the midfield and forward positions, we had no clue going forward when we ever did advance, you're not going to get many results playing like that! Harry needs to get the signings right next month, I doubt he'll have the time or money to save us!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                          X