Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevieranger View Post
    Midfield ARE part of the defence!!
    maybe people may realise just how much work JB does in midfield!!!!!! keep captain barton

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
      im developing serious issues with adel in the prem
      i'm not sure he can deliver, not his fault just not up to it, and we are playing one up front to accommodate him

Comment

• european positions
        fulham
        swansea
        west brom
        west ham
        reading

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          i'm not sure he can deliver, not his fault just not up to it, and we are playing one up front to accommodate him
          starting to think ...one trick pony!

Comment

• I am glad we lost that game their are alot of people on this site who need a reallity check we have bought in players so have other team to strengthen their sides, based on that performance and i know its only the first game we will be fighting relegation all over again MH needs to sort it out quick

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
              bet our new korean fans are geting a shock
              that's horriblely true

Comment

• HUGHES: WE DESERVED NOTHING

twitter
                facebook
                email
                print

PUBLISHED

17:59 18th August 2012

by @OfficialQPR

R’s boss delivers frank assessment following opening-day defeat to Swansea

We did not deserve anything from this game because of the manner of our performance"

Mark Hughes

MARK HUGHES labelled QPR’s first performance of the season against Swansea as “unacceptable” as he watched his side lose 5-0 at Loftus Road.

The Swans took the lead through Michu before second-half goals from Michu, Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair sealed the win for the South Wales outfit.

“The only positive was the start we made to the game,” Hughes told www.qpr.co.uk. “I thought we were positive and comfortable in the opening period.

“The worst-case scenario when you play Swansea is you concede first, because then they can keep possession, frustrate you and pick you off. Unfortunately that’s what happened all game from their opening goal onwards.

“Our tempo wasn’t quick enough so they were able to get people behind the ball. Our passing was poor on the day and they picked us off at will.

“Towards the end of the game we were chasing it and committing people forward, and Swansea ere very adept at picking the right pass at the right time.

“Unfortunately a lot of our fundamentals which we work on week in, week out went out the window and that is unacceptable.

When asked about the nature of the first Swans goal, Hughes said: “Rob Green will be disappointed with it but I was more concerned with what was going on in front of him. We have got to be better in that respect.

“There is still a lot of work to do. It was a wake-up call. Maybe everybody was getting a little but excited about what’s ahead of us but we, as a group, understand there’s a lot of hard work needed.

“Today wasn’t the level I expect us to perform at. You can make all the excuses in the world that it was a hot day and the first game of the season, but that doesn’t wash with me. We need to perform better.

“In the end we were ragged, made bad decisions, the accuracy of our passing was poor all day and as a consequence we got picked off very easily.

“All credit to Swansea, they played exceptionally well and they took their chances when they came.”

At the start of the second-half, with Swansea 1-0 ahead, Junior Hoilett seemed to be brought down in the area but Rangers’ appeals for a penalty were dismissed by referee Lee Probert.

“You’ve seen them given,” Hughes added, “and that would have been a boost for us because we were ok in the initial period.

“But in the end we did not deserve anything from this game because of the manner of our performance.

“We have to improve markedly.

“We will pick ourselves up. This might be the making of us.”

Related Articles

Comment

• MH, say it how it is, you picked the wrong team and the players thought Swansea would be a walkover.....I've got my scissors out Mackie and I'm coming for your willy....

Comment

• Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                    MH, say it how it is, you picked the wrong team and the players thought Swansea would be a walkover.....I've got my scissors out Mackie and I'm coming for your willy....
                    When we played them at the end of last season we closed them down and made the keeper kick it, and we made it difficult for them to pass it around, but MH obviously thought we're gonna out attack them, last year we needed the points and concentrated more on stopping the other team first. imo

Comment

• I'm still after Mackies willy.....

Comment

Working...
                      X