Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wigan Match Thread including pre-match show and links for WATCHING LIVE !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Del View Post
    So 6 goals conceded this season, of which:

    1 x Wonder strike
    1 x OG
    3 x Deflected shots leaving Paddy no chance
    1 x decent goal when our players had given the game up

    Virus hit squad affecting 2 of 3 games massively, not to mention the training and build up to them.
    Today we hit the woodwork 3 times and had a clear pen ignored....

    All things considered, i think we've done ok, just not getting any luck at the moment, but we will have some hopefully soon enough, along with new signings i think we'll be fine.
    Here here

    Comment


    • unlucky today.

      need that bit more quality though and a 'fox in the box' to take the snap shot chances. hopefully DJ, Barton and someone liekSWP next game will make a massive difference

      Comment


      • Better for this to happen before the window than nick a draw and think we are ok!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Del View Post
          So 6 goals conceded this season, of which:

          1 x Wonder strike
          1 x OG
          3 x Deflected shots leaving Paddy no chance
          1 x decent goal when our players had given the game up

          Virus hit squad affecting 2 of 3 games massively, not to mention the training and build up to them.
          Today we hit the woodwork 3 times and had a clear pen ignored....

          All things considered, i think we've done ok, just not getting any luck at the moment, but we will have some hopefully soon enough, along with new signings i think we'll be fine.
          Well said !!!!!!

          Comment


          • Just reading some of the other posts and I just can not see how people say AF played well? He is slow (not his fault), his passing is average, his tracking back poor, tackling pretty much non-existent and his marking leaves a lot to be desired.....but I am sure I will get shot down by the 'I used to play at this level' and the 'I manage at this level' brigade.

            Comment


            • Unlucky!? We were lucky not to get beaten last week and today we were at best average. This team needs more than barton, Young and SWP - which on this performance he will not want to come!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                Just reading some of the other posts and I just can not see how people say AF played well? He is slow (not his fault), his passing is average, his tracking back poor, tackling pretty much non-existent and his marking leaves a lot to be desired.....but I am sure I will get shot down by the 'I used to play at this level' and the 'I manage at this level' brigade.
                Think Faurlin looks out of his depth always out muscled and dwelling on the ball. As it stands we are struggling to compete with the other bottom teams.
                Maybe we need to change formation go for a more rigid 442 as we seem to get overrun and our man up top always looks lost and isolated.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EYR View Post
                  Think Faurlin looks out of his depth always out muscled and dwelling on the ball. As it stands we are struggling to compete with the other bottom teams.
                  Maybe we need to change formation go for a more rigid 442 as we seem to get overrun and our man up top always looks lost and isolated.

                  That says it better than how I put it - cheers!

                  Comment


                  • On current form i would have Faurlin out for Barton.In a league where mistakes get punished ball retention is the key and sadly we are lacking,big open spaces for the oppo mf's to run into which is exposing a ropey defence.

                    Thought Gabbidon looked good tbf.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by EYR View Post
                      On current form i would have Faurlin out for Barton.In a league where mistakes get punished ball retention is the key and sadly we are lacking,big open spaces for the oppo mf's to run into which is exposing a ropey defence.

                      Thought Gabbidon looked good tbf.

                      agree with all that
                      there players just had so much more time and space than ours

                      Comment


                      • Thats the beauty of football, as I had thought Faurlin ha a good game, along with Gabbidon

                        I thought the weak link in the middle of the park today was Buzsaky.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Del View Post
                          So 6 goals conceded this season, of which:

                          1 x Wonder strike
                          1 x OG
                          3 x Deflected shots leaving Paddy no chance
                          1 x decent goal when our players had given the game up

                          Virus hit squad affecting 2 of 3 games massively, not to mention the training and build up to them.
                          Today we hit the woodwork 3 times and had a clear pen ignored....

                          All things considered, i think we've done ok, just not getting any luck at the moment, but we will have some hopefully soon enough, along with new signings i think we'll be fine.
                          Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------
                          https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

                          Comment


                          • shame we dont get any points for being unlucky like we did last week when we was lucky

                            Comment


                            • Have to agree this is looking a step too far for Faurlin. I was his biggest fan in the championship but it's not looking good for the lad

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X