No announcement yet.

Nottingham Forest V Queens Park Rangers MATCH THREAD/TEAMS/LIVE CHAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the usually impeccable jeff stelling got it well wrong today then. said we were still top on g.d a right few times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      Very good poist SPC .....BUT

In layman's terms I see it this way. If we draw the next 5 (hypothetical) & Swansea win the next 5 we would have accumulated 5 points and our rivals Swansea 15 points & so on & so on. That's the way I look at things.Not who we've all played but week to week points.
      Ok put it another way even if Swansea win tomorrow after 17 matches we have still accumulated more over the same period and the other 21 teams in the division. If (and I hope it's a bloody big if) we miss out on automatic promotion because of these draws then I'll admit I was wrong. But I do not believe that these draws will be the reason we miss out. The way we will miss out is not because we are drawing and other teams are winning but because we must have lost a number of games to really effect our position because even when we were started this drawing streak we still managed to beat Palace and later we beat Reading and I believe over the course of the next 29 matches we will win games this season.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        If (and I hope it's a bloody big if) we miss out on automatic promotion because of these draws then I'll admit I was wrong. But I do not believe that these draws will be the reason we miss out.
        This is the basis for my argument / debate. I really feel although yes they are decent points away from home we have just lost a little edge on our game (not effort but maybe finishing teams off) but I see where you are coming from statistically.

For the record I hope you are a 100% right. I'm not a told you so merchant like G.T.P. I really hope we can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
          This is the basis for my argument / debate. I really feel although yes they are decent points away from home we have just lost a little edge on our game (not effort but maybe finishing teams off) but I see where you are coming from statistically.

For the record I hope you are a 100% right. I'm not a told you so merchant like G.T.P. I really hope we can do it.
          We've lost the edge IMO since Helguson got injured and not having that option of Buzsaky hasn't helped either. The squad is at thread bare at the moment and hopefully soon the likes of Rowlands (needs match fitness), Connolly, Orr, Hall (needs match fitness), Helguson and Buzsaky will all be available again and then the competition for places will make the difference. We had it at the beginning of the season but recently the players are almost guaranteed their starting place because there is nobody available to replace them.

Comment

Exactamondo SPC.

We are threadbare & that is very worrying. With injuries & suspensions starting to bite I'm a little concerned.

But we are still 2nd so all is good.

Comment

Swansea 0-0 v. Boro Halftime . The second best result we ca hope for from this game. Come on Boro.

Damn, now 1-0 with 5 mins to go.
              Last edited by acricketer; 14-11-2010, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                X