Match Thread | FA Cup 4th RD Replay | QPR 2 Portsmouth 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Thread | FA Cup 4th RD Replay | QPR 2 Portsmouth 0

Queens Park Rangers have been handed a triple injury boost ahead of tonight's FA Cup fourth round replay against Portsmouth.

Tomer Hemed returns to the Hoops squad for the clash at Loftus Road, while Geoff Cameron and Angel Rangel are both closing in on a return.

The duo, however, will not be ready for the Pompey clash.

If QPR can overcome the challenge of the League One side, they will secure a place in the fifth round for the first time in 22 years - as well as having a home tie to Premier League side Watford to look forward.

Speaking ahead of the game, Steve McClaren struggled to hide his enthusiasm for the challenge ahead.

He said: "I like the buzz that has been created and that is why I put great significance on the first game.

“We had to get a result and make sure we got in the hat.

“We did that and that has given the winners Watford at home which is an extra incentive to play for. We’ve none more so than to win.

“We want to go through in the Cup. As much for the supporters than anything, it’s going to be a great atmosphere with plenty of fans.

“It’s again what I called before the first match, a real cup tie and one which will test our players to the end.

https://www.football.london/queens-p...mouth-15782653

QPR TEAM NEWS

Team to play Portsmouth: Lumley, Furlong, Hall, Lynch, Bidwell, Freeman, Luongo, Scowen, Osayi-Samuel, Smith, Wells

Subs: Ingram, Kakay, Leistner, Manning, Wszolek, Eze, Hemed

Comment

yup I like Smith Wells for this one

Comment

Not Bad a team !!! 442 ?

Comment

Good bench too

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Not Bad a team !!! 442 ?
            Shame there's no width playing a lump up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

wondered about that but could be BOS and supporting cast servicing

good bench too

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

Bos & Freeman will have to be the wide boys

Comment

A minute's silence will be held in memory of Brazier 42 and academy analyst Antony Pallett, who died on Sunday aged 31, before QPR's FA Cup fourth-round replay against Portsmouth at Loftus Road on Tuesday.
                  RIP

Comment

Cannot believe I'm on this cross London journey to watch punt it to lump for 90mins.

Anyway, come on you r'sssss
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Benched f ucking German. We've got a benched f ucking German. Benched f ucking German....

Comment

As a manager in all competitions, QPR boss Steve McClaren has faced Portsmouth more often than any other side without winning (P7 W0 D4 L3).

Comment

• QPR are unbeaten in their last 13 home games against Portsmouth in all competitions (W9 D4) since a 0-1 loss in the third tier in September 1961.
                          • Six of the last eight meetings between Portsmouth and QPR in all competitions have ended as draws, with the other two QPR victories.

Comment

Glad to see Grant Hall getting a game. Not so sure about Smith up top from the start!

Comment

Wells & Smith, that's a great combo up front. I feel confident Smith will score. Hemed on the bench is also great news.

Comment

Working...
                              X