Match Thread | Stoke 2 QPR 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post

He was very quiet. Spent most of it sat on his ####.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      How did scowens do as stand in for Cameron anybody ??
      It was Cousins who replaced him

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

It was Cousins who replaced him
        Well how did he do
        LoL

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Very true Dave. The 3 loan signings and Rangel could all be classed as 'need to prove a point players' none of them played much at all last season and are relishing doing so and showing a fantastic attitude with it. Just goes to prove that some players want to play and not just pick up their money. The whole squad seem more together than they ever were when Holloway was here and for someone who only really had passion as his management skill is saying something. Winning breeds togetherness more than anything, long may it continue.
          Something interesting that I know is that the club also carries this policy of "prove yourself" in terms of signing players under 21. Most of our new signings under 21 come in on very basic contracts for one year and have to prove themselves to earn a proper contract. Having that motivation from an early age to prove yourself really helps breed a passion to do well and succeed for the club.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Jeff why did we not target players of this ilk who actually wanted to to play and prove point instead of the money grabbers we chased. Things could have been whole lot different if we had in every aspect
            Westie hindsight is a wonderful thing eh. Just goes to show whoever collectively was doing players recruitment at the club for like 5 years didn't give a stuff about what money was being spent and actually who they were getting in. It was all just names to them. Thing is just like any workplace you get a few bad eggs in and it brings the rest of the workforce down. Its easy for other people to become complacent and lazy once they see colleagues doing it and no one putting a stop to it. I believe this is what happened and with many stories about Hughes' man management style or lack of it you can easily see how it happened. McLaren seems to have a good balance of fun and steel too and everyone is responding to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Something interesting that I know is that the club also carries this policy of "prove yourself" in terms of signing players under 21. Most of our new signings under 21 come in on very basic contracts for one year and have to prove themselves to earn a proper contract. Having that motivation from an early age to prove yourself really helps breed a passion to do well and succeed for the club.
              It's a good way to do recruitment. Get people in who have yet to make it for whatever reason and give them an opportunity to prove themselves where they can see a window to the first team with performance based incentives. Far too many u21's and u23's are on more money than most Div 1 and 2 fully fledged professionals and it takes away their hunger and desire, makes them mamby pamby entitled ar2e holes who don't give a stuff about their careers.

Comment

• Anyway Nasser, where you been. Good to see you back.

Comment

It's a good way to do recruitment. Get people in who have yet to make it for whatever reason and give them an opportunity to prove themselves where they can see a window to the first team with performance based incentives. Far too many u21's and u23's are on more money than most Div 1 and 2 fully fledged professionals and it takes away their hunger and desire, makes them mamby pamby entitled ar2e holes who don't give a stuff about their careers.
                  And this works so well to be honest, having seen the youth play and train and work to grow and do it together, I have a lot of respect for the way the Academy is run here and see it as being the future of academy football for non big 6 sides in England.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Anyway Nasser, where you been. Good to see you back.
                    It's a pleasure to be back mate. I've been working for the last year and a bit in multiple jobs/industries trying to make my own inroads and developing my network. A lot of people talked while I was at uni about how different work was from the uni life and to all of them here, 100% right haha.

That being said, I'm at HQ every home game, season ticket still going strong and working hard to try and monetise all these bloody stats I've been spouting for years. Looking positive but eating away at my time and stopping me in the short term from being as active here and elsewhere as I would like. Hopefully soon I'll be able to have more freedom to get back to the non-work statto life.

In any case, I've been lurking around and proud to see the club look so much more together than it was even at the best of times under Ollie. Long may this continue and long may Steve McClaren maintain the incredible sense of togetherness and passion for the game that he's managed to instill in our lads.

Comment

• Welcome back Nas, good to see you are still around
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                      X