No announcement yet.

Match Thread | Blackburn 1 QPR 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scowen cost us the game! Yes, it was a soft penalty but he should be smart enough not to tackle in the box or at least take him down before the opponent enters the box! From my point of view the tackle was not even necessary!! disappointed... imported point gone.

Comment

• Sometimes these things happen. We will lose games and some games we will play badly. Players make mistakes. Lets just move on and concentrate on Saturday

Comment

• seen the penalty call a couple of times now and can't see it either way , ref's are supposed to only give what they see and i suppose he must of been positioned close enough to see it

Comment

• To be fair to scowen he actually nudged
          the ball away first then the player tripped over scowens leg harsh call. But their player
          wasnt going anywhere and lynch was also
          covering so no need for the challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post

I thought Scowen did ok, the penalty was from an attacker knowing the ball was getting away from him and dragging his foot so he could go down from contact with Scowen, I do prefer Cameron or Cousins in that position!
            Wasn't a pen, or should I say that shouldn't be given as a pen.This hanging the leg thing annoys the
            #### out of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Wasn't a pen, or should I say that shouldn't be given as a pen.This hanging the leg thing annoys the
              #### out of me.
              Yeah but we have to be smarter... just mins away from a decent point and then brainless needless challenge that was always likely to go #### up. Yep it's annoying how players fall down left right and centre but it's more annoying watching our players needlessly engaging in contact and giving opponents the excuse to collapse.

Comment

• Crazy decision to make a tackle and sums up Scowen in a nutshell. Experienced player who should have never have given the ref a chance to make a decision.

Comment

• Bottom line - were Brentford and Barnsley fans all that devastated to lose Bidwell and Scowen? Not particularly. Decent players at this level but with clear limitations, which I believe is a fair and honest assessment. This is no criticism of the club however, as that standard of player was the best we could afford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yeah but we have to be smarter... just mins away from a decent point and then brainless needless challenge that was always likely to go #### up. Yep it's annoying how players fall down left right and centre but it's more annoying watching our players needlessly engaging in contact and giving opponents the excuse to collapse.
                    Yeah i know Abs

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Easier for him to say that when he’s grabbed a late winner over a dubious penalty.
                      Its unusual for a winning manager to come out and say both sides were poor. Which they were.I think he'd have said exactly the same if it had been 0-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Bottom line - were Brentford and Barnsley fans all that devastated to lose Bidwell and Scowen? Not particularly. Decent players at this level but with clear limitations, which I believe is a fair and honest assessment. This is no criticism of the club however, as that standard of player was the best we could afford.
                        Agree Stan,
                        Scowen when he signed was asked "what type of player are you, what will you bring?"
                        He admitted he was a dogger (not sure I've got the terminology right...either that or Scowen misheard the question!!
                        But basically he was saying he's not gonna be your Taarabt type more your Cattermole.
                        Most were singing his praises last season, just having a bad run at the moment he is, not getting much game time, signed by a diff manager, etc etc
                        He has job to do, and can be part of the squad, just a misjudgement I think, very Karl Henry like figure among the fans this season

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Its unusual for a winning manager to come out and say both sides were poor. Which they were.I think he'd have said exactly the same if it had been 0-0.
                          We deserved at least a point from the game Hal, is in essence all SMac was saying, which I agree with.

Comment

Working...
                          X