Match Thread | PNE 2 QPR 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I certainly don't think we should be writing the guy off mate. I just think he looks really awkward and clumsy at times. He also has a little bit of the Samba Diakite to him, in that he seems to charge around the middle of the pitch, often without much purpose. Whilst he does some things in games that are excellent (like the cross for the goal yesterday). I also think there are aspects of his game where (at the moment), he doesn't look up to this level.

To give this a bit of perspective, I look at Eze and Smyth, and whilst they too are both raw, I see 2 players destined to play the game at the highest level at some stage in their careers. I look at Manning and I see a player who may very well go the other way and end up playing for Woking or Aldershot Town. Might be wrong, maybe he will develop into a decent player, but he doesn't ooze talent like the other 2 names that I've mentioned above.
    Good post Tarbs

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
      Agree Dave, patience is required with this lad, I actually think Ollie is bringing him along slowly because of the inconsistancies in his game, as Pinkie says, next season will be big for him!
      I like his workrate and goals, and feel/hope he can turn some opinions on here around with the parts
      they don't like, I think he might. I'd pick him in front of Cousins, although that doesn't mean much i know.
      I have just checked wiki and he only has 3 gls in 33 for us so my goals comment looks very weak i admit,
      but he gets in there

Comment

I certainly don't think we should be writing the guy off mate. I just think he looks really awkward and clumsy at times. He also has a little bit of the Samba Diakite to him, in that he seems to charge around the middle of the pitch, often without much purpose. Whilst he does some things in games that are excellent (like the cross for the goal yesterday). I also think there are aspects of his game where (at the moment), he doesn't look up to this level.

To give this a bit of perspective, I look at Eze and Smyth, and whilst they too are both raw, I see 2 players destined to play the game at the highest level at some stage in their careers. I look at Manning and I see a player who may very well go the other way and end up playing for Woking or Aldershot Town. Might be wrong, maybe he will develop into a decent player, but he doesn't ooze talent like the other 2 names that I've mentioned above.
        Sometimes you simply write what I am thinking

Comment

• I am a fan of Manning as can see he has a bit of quality as shown yesterday and the pass he gave at Reading last year. I will say I would have hoped he would have progressed this season but still plenty of time. Good team player who I hope kicks on next season.

Comment

Again i disagree, look at his performance against villa, he was outstanding and as dave says its only through not playing consistently, hes got a great left peg and his style of play tarbs is good for midfield, looks like he does as its ollies pressing game which is hard work tbh, he had that little header flick on from smith reading the play perfectly in the right position, that tells me hes a good player knowing what hes going to do with it before its come, more composure will come when he plays more
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Also if you want to be critical eze was very poor yesterday & not you want from youre creative player, but again its a learning curve

Comment

• Eze was not great but still showed glimpses of what he is about. Don’t think Preston’s kill the game tactics helped him or the others

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  I like his workrate and goals, and feel/hope he can turn some opinions on here around with the parts
                  they don't like, I think he might. I'd pick him in front of Cousins, although that doesn't mean much i know.
                  I have just checked wiki and he only has 3 gls in 33 for us so my goals comment looks very weak i admit,
                  but he gets in there
                  I agree & i liked cousins before we signed him but been unimpressed with him, seen a few saying he had a good game yesterday, & i must of been watching a different game as thought he was really poor again, had a chance of a slip through pass and he fluffed it up, the way he plays atm id have him as a full back lol, havnt seen him do anything to warrant a first team start.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Eze was not great but still showed glimpses of what he is about. Don’t think Preston’s kill the game tactics helped him or the others
                    Yeah i agree with prestons gameplan, but if i was ollie id be having a quiet word with him, for me he didnt do enough to get on the ball, not enough aggression to want it, think thats why he looked like he did without freeman & scowen in the side made eze look abit lost

Comment

• Eze, BOS, Manning and Smyth when he came in all struggled against a physical team playing for their play off lives with a ref who facilitated that style of play, in fairness they weren't alone! Hopefully it was a learning experience for the youngsters because PNE may have put down a good blueprint for teams to neutralize these exciting kids next season!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Yeah i agree with prestons gameplan, but if i was ollie id be having a quiet word with him, for me he didnt do enough to get on the ball, not enough aggression to want it, think thats why he looked like he did without freeman & scowen in the side made eze look abit lost
                        I honestly feel it’s largely down to the new demands being made on him. He’s nota player who naturally defends from the front, more a creative / touch of magic kind of player.

Being now asked to defend, he is being distracted from his natural game.

It’s always a risk with a youth player coming through - namely you drill out the qualities that made them shine when they come in to the first team squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Sometimes you simply write what I am thinking
                          So gay
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            Ring any bells? You need look no further than how Warnock handled Taarabt in a similar situation. So much so that he built the team around him and gave him the armband. Are we saying treat Eze the same way? Not necessarily as he's still developing, but do the club have something similar in mind for Eze long term?...

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              I honestly feel it’s largely down to the new demands being made on him. He’s nota player who naturally defends from the front, more a creative / touch of magic kind of player.

It’s always a risk with a youth player coming through - namely you drill out the qualities that made them shine when they come in to the first team squad.
                              Yeah i agree awin, with freeman and scowen in the team gives him more freedom to do what he likes ands good at, but without them there was more defensive duty needed and difficult without those two little terriers in there to help him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                So gay
                                So homophobic

Comment

Working...
                                X