• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    Wow. Write him off after one game.
    Hmmm... like we did to Smithies.

Comment

• Poor game between two poor sides with end of season feel about it. Only real good performance was Baps and furs

Slow build up and did not look like much teamwork today. Preston managed the referee and were really niggly without getting pulled for it. There CM with mop head was particularly nasty and snide. Liked the look of their captain at CB he would beef us up if Ned and Robbo leave

Ontodays efforts whatever we’re offering Robbo I would take back and throw it on top of what we have offered Ned we need to hold on to him

Glad I’m home

Comment

• Croydon not based on 1 game as in past games he has been poor so no knee jerk reaction from me just looks like someone who has not kicked on after a loan spell. Woeful with the ball at his feet in the Green mould.

Comment

• The ref sucked, and we put up little of quality to cheer about. But right now it's all about next season. IMHO: (1) Our defense is badly coached and/or badly stocked -- Keep Bids, Furlong and Nedum (or Robinson) at the core, then recruit some young talent -- Lynch okay but oft injured; Baps is getting old; lack of clean sheets with a sold goalie says it all; (2) Keep Mass under all circumstances; (3) Eze needs to be coached up a bit, but his talents are magical and you can see him emerging into a playmaker as well as a scorer; (4) Smith and Smyth up front -- rotate Oteh and Chair in -- assume Sylla will be sold. We are two or three players away from a very solid club.

Comment

• thought Eze and bright were completely anonymous today

Comment

• Chose the wrong game to return then?

But for what it's worth - Manning looked like a little boy lost. Ingram punched the ball rather than caught it too often imho. We place too much reliance on Mass. Eze and the other youngsters - we're expecting too much too soon. Liked Furlong, initially Robinson reminded me of a certain Mr C. Hill. Baptise and Bidwell OK.

The rest? OK, but didn't leave any lasting impression.

Game was limping fatally during the second half, and to be honest, it wasn't too healthy during the first, and finally expired with about 15 minutes of normal time left. Preston managed to kill virtually everything off. Don't like to blame it on the referees as a good team should rise above that, but with my limited exposure to live games recently, it did seem many of his decisions were questionable at best.

Atmosphere was subdued to be charitable. Although I was in S block, there seemed little to attract Gareth Malone coming from X block.

BUT, that's only on the basis of one bad day at the office.

Comment

• Deckchairs beach sun creme already

Comment

• If cousins ever plays for this club again then Ollie needs to be dismissed. If he can't see common sense then off you go too.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Is he wrong though ?
                    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Ok fanboy
                    Sorry West. Heat of the moment. Thought he wasn´t too shabby, and the stats people apparently agree. Sometimes he blows a bit hot and cold, but he is only 21. Far too early to write him off, because he has the right attitude, good energy levels, and is always making good runs into the box, scoring goals from midfield. All very good attributes. Off course he can improve, but plenty of time for that IMO.
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                      Sorry West. Heat of the moment. Thought he wasn´t too shabby, and the stats people apparently agree. Sometimes he blows a bit hot and cold, but he is only 21. Far too early to write him off, because he has the right attitude, good energy levels, and is always making good runs into the box, scoring goals from midfield. All very good attributes. Off course he can improve, but plenty of time for that IMO.
                      And what about THAT assist for our goal! That took unbelievable skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Yes, and that, but you could always argue that was a fluke
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                          Yes, and that, but you could always argue that was a fluke
                          Would expect cynics to respond like that but no chance. Seen him play superb passes like that before. Was just pure skill.

Comment

• No apology needed DK it’s all fun and games

Was terrific ball he put in for assist but when I watch him at game I just don’t feel he does enough and gets lost when you need him step forward but he’s still young. I personally think Of the kids coming through he’s behind the rest of them. I would like to see chair given few games on the trot he really excites me

Comment

• Weare. Common sense re Cousins?? Thought he did well yesterday as a holding midfielder with good energy and we had balance in the middle when he was on. Broke up play well and overall did ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Can't make my mind up about Manning. He does some things that are utter class. That cross for the goal was ridiculous. Then 5 minutes later he's tripping over his own feet. Looks so clumsy at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X