Match Thread | PNE 2 QPR 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Weare. Common sense re Cousins?? Thought he did well yesterday as a holding midfielder with good energy and we had balance in the middle when he was on. Broke up play well and overall did ok.
    Yeah, thought Cousins did OK yesterday. There just isn't much to his game. Not 100% sure he's really good enough to player central midfield at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Can't make my mind up about Manning. He does some things that are utter class. That cross for the goal was ridiculous. Then 5 minutes later he's tripping over his own feet. Looks so clumsy at times.
      That’s my feelings mate summarises how I feel

Comment

• Tarbie. Cousins gives us much needed legs in that central role and breaks up play well, For me would have him in front of Scowen due to his energy and the fact he gets around to cover and is quicker on the turn.

Comment

Tarbie. Cousins gives us much needed legs in that central role and breaks up play well, For me would have him in front of Scowen due to his energy and the fact he gets around to cover and is quicker on the turn.
          Opinions ain't it mate?

A few weeks back I would have withheld judgement, but I think we've seen enough of Cousins in central midfield to make a call on him now. For me, he's not a patch on Scowen. Maybe Cousins covers more ground, but Scowen is a far more complete central midfielder.

Comment

• All about opinions and neither right nor wrong either way. Not a huge fan of Scowen as never seen him to be that great first ten games or so aside. Then again not in love with Freeman either. What do I know!!

Comment

All about opinions and neither right nor wrong either way. Not a huge fan of Scowen as never seen him to be that great first ten games or so aside. Then again not in love with Freeman either. What do I know!!
              With you on Freeman mate. Bags of ability, but way too greedy. His set pieces are poor too. Really needs to work on his distribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Can't make my mind up about Manning. He does some things that are utter class. That cross for the goal was ridiculous. Then 5 minutes later he's tripping over his own feet. Looks so clumsy at times.
                Manning was about our best player yesterday tarbs, and as for his tripping over that was to try to get the ball and shield it on one occassion, how you should do even if youre losing youre balance like he was, id have manning in my starting line up all day long, cracking little midfielder and gets into the box like old bryan robson used to.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Manning was about our best player yesterday tarbs, and as for his tripping over that was to try to get the ball and shield it on one occassion, how you should do even if youre losing youre balance like he was, id have manning in my starting line up all day long, cracking little midfielder and gets into the box like old bryan robson used to.
                  Not for me mate. Great cross for the goal but I don't think he did anything else yesterday that merited MoM. A lot of guys on here have been totally slating him. He certainly divides opinion. For me, I'm definitely still on the fence about him.

And I wasn't talking about 1 particular moment when I mentioned him tripping over his own feet. The point I was making is that he looks clumsy a lot of the time. Charging around the place like a bull in a china shop.

I know he's young, and still learning, but he's gonna need to find a bit of finesse from somewhere if he's gonna cut it in the midfield at a decent level.

Comment

• Cousins did ok yesterday I thought. I think we are fine in midfield but we need to make sure central defence is covered.
                    However, I am sure the club are aware of that issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Manning is woeful. If we got an offer I would take it better kids then him coming through
                      The daftest comment ive seen all season westy, he`ll end up a cracking little player, big season coming up from him next season for me.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

The daftest comment ive seen all season westy, he`ll end up a cracking little player, big season coming up from him next season for me.
                        Let’s see mate I hope your right. My prediction is next season will probably be his last with us and he will get overtaken by others. So bookmark this post for start of 19/20 season and see if he’s still with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Would expect cynics to respond like that but no chance. Seen him play superb passes like that before. Was just pure skill.
                          After the match on the broadcast they showed several replays of the goal from different angles, it was a superb bit of skill hitting a left footed volley crossed into a perfect area for Matty to pounce, I do agree he can be very inconsistent and like most yesterday, didn't have a great game overall!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

I'm a fan of Manning too, I wonder because he played a little last season whether fans think he should
                            be further on, sometimes players take longer to develop fully, just my opinion.
                            He definitely has something to offer

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              I'm a fan of Manning too, I wonder because he played a little last season whether fans think he should
                              I certainly don't think we should be writing the guy off mate. I just think he looks really awkward and clumsy at times. He also has a little bit of the Samba Diakite to him, in that he seems to charge around the middle of the pitch, often without much purpose. Whilst he does some things in games that are excellent (like the cross for the goal yesterday). I also think there are aspects of his game where (at the moment), he doesn't look up to this level.

To give this a bit of perspective, I look at Eze and Smyth, and whilst they too are both raw, I see 2 players destined to play the game at the highest level at some stage in their careers. I look at Manning and I see a player who may very well go the other way and end up playing for Woking or Aldershot Town. Might be wrong, maybe he will develop into a decent player, but he doesn't ooze talent like the other 2 names that I've mentioned above.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Agree Dave, patience is required with this lad, I actually think Ollie is bringing him along slowly because of the inconsistancies in his game, as Pinkie says, next season will be big for him!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X