X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Thread | QPR 4 Sheffield Wednesday 2

Who is bothering tonight??? And what’s your hunch

Think we will win two nil but when he names team that could change

I'm going tonight. After the Hull game I haven't got a scooby what the score will be! Off the top of my head I'll say 3-3.

Comment

Would like to go tonight just to pay my respects to Ray but cant afford a ticket so might go and just put a scarf
      on the railing outside hq,not to bothered about the game to be honest for reasons i guess you all know by now.

Do you trhink the club would let me in just to see the tribute to RAY?

Comment

Ian Holloway hopes his Queens Park Rangers team can quickly move on from a disappointing result in the Championship on Saturday when they host Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday.

The Rs suffered a devastating 4-0 defeat away to Hull City at the weekend and also had skipper Nedum Onuoha sent off.

Holloway acknowledged the display was far from the west Londoners’ best, but he is confident of a response against the Owls at Loftus Road.

“I hate the feeling of defeats like the Hull one. It was a really bad day at the office for us,” he told the club website.

“If you’re a golfer and you hook one in the bushes, you’ve just got to get on with it.

“There are plenty of things to show the boys in terms of where they went wrong, but I want to concentrate on what they’ve been doing well.

“I think we’re moving forward, and we only need four more points between now and the end of the campaign to better last season’s total. Can we do that?

“We’re going to have to work hard to get the three points against Sheffield Wednesday, but I believe we can get them.”

The Sheffield Wednesday game looks set to be an emotional one for QPR, who will be playing at Loftus Road for the first time since former player and manager Ray Wilkins passed away last week.

Holloway both played alongside and played under Wilkins during stint with the Rs in his playing career,

And the 54-year-old is expecting Tuesday to be an emotional evening for all involved with the west Londoners.

Holloway added: “It’s extremely tough to have to say goodbye to Ray — and I can’t say anything more than ‘thank you’.

“He was a magnificent man who cared about everyone. He helped me to learn about life and what you can achieve by believing.

“Ray was always so positive and I’m trying to be like that for my team. I’ve tried to be like that for all my life since I met him.

“I turned up here when I was 29 having seen Ray play for England over and over again.

“He was five years older than me. The welcome he gave me and the way he made me feel is why I think I love QPR, to be honest.

“It was both an honour and a privilege to know Ray, and I want my team to play well for him tonight.”

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...sday-1-5469881

Comment

Doubt it Bill.

I've popped the video they're likely to play on the big screen in the ray Wilkins thread if you're interested. Was posted on YouTube today so I'm basing it on that.

Comment

Given ground is going to be empty would be good gesture if they did Bill

I have to be honest watching City Liverpool is more appealing then going bush

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Given ground is going to be empty would be good gesture if they did Bill

I have to be honest watching City Liverpool is more appealing then going bush
              It’s funny I could never think that, got zero interest in champions league and would always choose watching Rangers over anyone, however crap we are.

Comment

omg i legit thought we were playing tomorrow, i would have offered up my seat otherwise if id known it was today. this is still great though as i can watch it live on my last night in greece yesssss

Comment

Does anyone think Ollie has the same tinkering feeling and the same satisfaction of ONLY needing a few more points syndrome like the end of last season again. Just carry on like we have been doing since the Forest game and stop tinkering for christ sake.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    omg i legit thought we were playing tomorrow, i would have offered up my seat otherwise if id known it was today. this is still great though as i can watch it live on my last night in greece yesssss
                    Enjoy Corbs wont be going now as i have felt unwell so i will go to the
                    funeral if i can get there

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                      It’s funny I could never think that, got zero interest in champions league and would always choose watching Rangers over anyone, however crap we are.

Comment

Decent line up!

Comment

Let's be honest one day we can beat anyone,next day we could loose to a pub team
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            Let's be honest one day we can beat anyone,next day we could loose to a pub team
                            Don't agree we've proven all year we are a different animal at home
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Don't agree we've proven all year we are a different animal at home
                              Definitely better at home............but still capable of losing to any old sh*t whether at home or away would be accurate! ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X