Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheff U 2 QPR 1 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IH surely must not play with 3 at the back again if he does he must be thick as sh*t.

    Comment


    • We just cant win away. No shame in the performances in the defeats but you just know we will never do enough to get a result.
      Still 15th.

      Comment


      • CW received a lot of criticism and rightly so. however, I do believe that our biggest problem is at the back. We nearly concede in every game. Our defenders are so static and slow to react. It seems that our defenders are not instructed who to mark during set pieces and that's why we often see opponent players unmarked in our area. To win games, first, a team needs a solid back. It is useless having a good striker and then concede more then you score!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by luca View Post
          I am sorry fellows but we have become a very average club. We got wanna be pro-players who canít hold a ball for a few minutes and if so they give rubbish pass to a team mate. They are always a step late and go no head for smart play! Pity where my QPR has ended up!!
          Not sure what game you were watching. That was a pretty good showing all round. Up north? Midweek? Bodes well for next season and well done for the brilliant fans who, like our club, are or no way ď averageĒ. Thatís the one thing Rangers will never be.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Linfield 1886 View Post
            How did young Paul do when he came on?
            He did bring some pace and enthusiasm to the match, sent in a couple of good crosses, he did take what looked like a sure goal off the toe of Washington!
            @gatorTFC

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              CW received a lot of criticism and rightly so. however, I do believe that our biggest problem is at the back. We nearly concede in every game. Our defenders are so static and slow to react. It seems that our defenders are not instructed who to mark during set pieces and that's why we often see opponent players unmarked in our area. To win games, first, a team needs a solid back. It is useless having a good striker and then concede more then you score!
              defend from the front but when you have Smith who struggled to move, regardless of his other strengths, were on the back foot

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                CW received a lot of criticism and rightly so. however, I do believe that our biggest problem is at the back. We nearly concede in every game. Our defenders are so static and slow to react. It seems that our defenders are not instructed who to mark during set pieces and that's why we often see opponent players unmarked in our area. To win games, first, a team needs a solid back. It is useless having a good striker and then concede more then you score!
                Good point. We are always on about lack of strike power, we'd be drawing a lot more games if our defence was better. 11 games since our last draw?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Good point. We are always on about lack of strike power, we'd be drawing a lot more games if our defence was better. 11 games since our last draw?
                  In defence of the defence they dont get much respite because the
                  ball just comes back at them,having said that we cant defend set pieces
                  very well.......wonder why

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    Good point. We are always on about lack of strike power, we'd be drawing a lot more games if our defence was better. 11 games since our last draw?
                    we either win or lose. The lack of draws justifies my point. Every good team is built on a solid defence.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      we either win or lose. The lack of draws justifies my point. Every good team is built on a solid defence.
                      Agree any good team has a good spine as well

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        defend from the front but when you have Smith who struggled to move, regardless of his other strengths, were on the back foot
                        I cannot agree to your claim to 'defend from the front.' It is just a fantasy. You need defenders that are fully concentrated and knows their job well. Will help to have an energetic striker to chase opponent defenders, however, will he have enough energy to do his job then? That is scoring goals! It is defenders that know their job that we lack. Strikers are there to take the chances when they come their way.

                        Comment


                        • I think we missed Robbo tonight, the defence was out of sorts, I didn't think any of them played particularly poor although their 1st goal was a collective balls up, Robbo just adds that bit of needed quality, we missed that as well as his long throws!
                          @gatorTFC

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                            I cannot agree to your claim to 'defend from the front.' It is just a fantasy. You need defenders that are fully concentrated and knows their job well. Will help to have an energetic striker to chase opponent defenders, however, will he have enough energy to do his job then? That is scoring goals! It is defenders that know their job that we lack. Strikers are there to take the chances when they come their way.
                            But if you have forwards that chase hassle and hold the ball up it gives your defence
                            a breather

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gator View Post
                              I think we missed Robbo tonight, the defence was out of sorts, I didn't think any of them played particularly poor although their 1st goal was a collective balls up, Robbo just adds that bit of needed quality, we missed that as well as his long throws!
                              Yep, they missed the marking for the first flick and Smith was late as well, he is responsible for that ball. A real corner mess up actually..

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gator View Post
                                He did bring some pace and enthusiasm to the match, sent in a couple of good crosses, he did take what looked like a sure goal off the toe of Washington!
                                That was quite unlucky, for sure an equalizer if he'd not touched it!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X