No announcement yet.

Wolves 2 QPR 1 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not disappointed today, expected nothing else - a worse result if I'm honest. There are games coming up that we ought to win to stay safe. It's all about how we do in those.

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
      the qpr app had us playing a 4231 at the start of the game, i posted a screenie of it on page 4 or something but either way however we started simply didn't work out! if it was a 3511 then thats just ridiculous
      But there were 5 defenders starting the match, so that would suggest a 3-5-2 again.

As usual, he starts with the same system, QPR go behind and later on he changes the formation and QPR perform better, but again too much, too little, too late.

I know most of us expected a loss from this game, but in my case that is because I could guess the formation and to some extent the team that would be selected, not to mention the appalling away record they have. Had he started with the 2nd half line-up, QPR might just have proved us wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Interesting thought Lyme? Not seen sod all other than the scoreline and the bits on here. Kind of backs up the opinion that this set of players could be further up the table.
        True, but it is getting boring blaming the manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Are you just kind of ignoring we should of had 2 goals if we had a striker who knew how to take a shot first time!
          Well we all know that Washington is not good enough, yet the manager you refuse to blame, keeps on selecting him almost every f,,,,,ing game.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Losing 2-1 away to the league leaders is for me a decent result. However, I am amazed that people think that Holloway is overall doing a good job. To date, his record is nothing short of shocking. We’ve lost 50% of the games we’ve played. And as Hits said earlier, the reason people predicted a relegation battle was because Holloway’s our manager.
            And also irrespective of results do people really think that this guy is a man who can build us up to better things?!
            Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            What I meant was that today isn’t the issue. His record since he’s been here is. Yet, quite a few say he’s doing a good job. I think losing half your games is very far from doing a good job.
            You are absolutely correct.

how on earth anyone can think that such a record is decent is beyond belief.

Comment

Losing 2-1 away to the league leaders is for me a decent result. However, I am amazed that people think that Holloway is overall doing a good job. To date, his record is nothing short of shocking. We’ve lost 50% of the games we’ve played. And as Hits said earlier, the reason people predicted a relegation battle was because Holloway’s our manager.
              And also irrespective of results do people really think that this guy is a man who can build us up to better things?!
              Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Maybe true with hindsight mate. Would never have happened though. Things were getting very nasty towards the end of Ramsey's tenure. Blame TF to be honest, raised expectations and delivered utter sh*te!
              I think people have forgotten how appalling QPR were at defending under Ramsey - they were conceding 2 or more practically every match. If he had stayed on much longer QPR would probably have been in a relegation scrap, becuase they were on the slide, hence the reason they brought in Warnock to help him out.

Comment

What I meant was that today isn’t the issue. His record since he’s been here is. Yet, quite a few say he’s doing a good job. I think losing half your games is very far from doing a good job.
                In context to what he is dealing with regarding FFP it could be argued he is. I'm not a great fan of his but if he keeps us up this season we could replace him and argue he'd not done a bad job.

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Sunderland coming from 3 down to draw at Bristol shows a worrying sign of a team that is fighting under a manager who might make the difference for them.
                  They totally rode their luck in that game. We could easily have got a draw in our game against much tougher opposition.

Comment

• A couple of stats....

holloway in charge...............

66 games played, 33 losses

7 clean sheets in 66 games
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Well we all know that Washington is not good enough, yet the manager you refuse to blame, keeps on selecting him almost every f,,,,,ing game.
                      Gordon bennett, yeah youre right especially with the wealth of strikers we`ve got atm lol, doh
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        But there were 5 defenders starting the match, so that would suggest a 3-5-2 again.

As usual, he starts with the same system, QPR go behind and later on he changes the formation and QPR perform better, but again too much, too little, too late.

I know most of us expected a loss from this game, but in my case that is because I could guess the formation and to some extent the team that would be selected, not to mention the appalling away record they have. Had he started with the 2nd half line-up, QPR might just have proved us wrong.
                        Was 3511 first half. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Was 3511 first half. Lol.
                          I don't even understand what a 3-5-1-1 is. How do you fit 6 players into the midfield?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            I don't even understand what a 3-5-1-1 is. How do you fit 6 players into the midfield?
                            Ask Ollie. Freeman playing behind Washington. Robinson apparently between Scowen and Cousins. Wszolek and Bidwell wing backs. But, hey, we lost gloriously having thrown away the first half. Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Ask Ollie. Freeman playing behind Washington. Robinson apparently between Scowen and Cousins. Wszolek and Bidwell wing backs. But, hey, we lost gloriously having thrown away the first half. Again.
                              Bloody stupid mate.

He should have just left Bidwell on the bench and played a 4-5-1. He's always got to try to be clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Bloody stupid mate.

He should have just left Bidwell on the bench and played a 4-5-1. He's always got to try to be clever.

Comment

Working...
                                X