Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPROslo
    replied
    The sticks Holloway are taking from so-called fans are simply ridiculous.

We are playing away to the run away leader. Wolves are a far superior team, and most of the players at Holloway's disposal would never get a match at Wolves. Still Holloway's team matches the league leader in most departments. We have 7 shoots on target against 2 for Wolves and the possession is pretty even, even though we play away. We were unlucky not to get at least a draw.

I think Holloway is setting us up nicely. We create chances and it looks to me that Holloway makes smart changes as the match moves on.

I honestly think Holloway is doing very well with the players he has at his disposal. Most people thought we would be in a relegation battle given the fact we hardly strengthened during the summer. Holloway has lead us to lower mid table at this point in time and I think it is a good achievement. All those Holloway haters predicting relegation before the season started must be over the moon now!

Leave a comment:

• wortonranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    There are 2 halves in a game of football. First half we were slow, predictable and totally over run
    Actually, Greg we weren’t. Until they scored their first we were the better side. The rest of the half was theirs, but our second half performance was excellent, and surely you have to give Ollie credit for finding a formula that nearly worked against the Championships equivalent of Man City? By the way, the most promising cameo to date from Eze and a really nice goal from Connor that just might make him believe he’s a striker again.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    LOL. We did first half.
    Oh. I didn't realise it was 4 or 5-0 in the first half, my bad.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Deja farking vue. Story of the season under this complete buffoon of a manager.
    Again, and please don't count me as an Ollie fan, how is that on him when the players he chooses don't execute, there are not many striker options atm nor has there been all year, it's where we are at, we need to keep winning in our mini league and hope this FFP gets sorted and we can improve the side no matter who the gaffer is next season!

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post
    We went to the runaway leaders park with a side that rarely wins on the road, set up defensively to play on the break and it almost worked, striker needs to finish, how are those the wrong tactics?
    Ill tell you why we dont move the ball quickly enough on a consistant
    level to play on the break.Our first touch is poor,our wingbacks
    are not that animal and by the time Freeman has done his one man show
    the speed of the break has gone....so no end product coupled with
    our so effective strikers tells the tale.....SET UP WRONG END OF

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    We went to the runaway leaders park with a side that rarely wins on the road, set up defensively to play on the break and it almost worked, striker needs to finish, how are those the wrong tactics?
    I’m all for playing on the break but you need two things. Pace and the ability to be clinical. We had neither. When we changed it up we scared the life out of them. We wasted the first period of the game again. If we’re capable of the kind of performance we gave in the second half why not set the team out to play like that from the start. Go for the throat, be brave and get amongst them. Sit on a lead if you have to but we’re starting games with our hands tied behind our backs and I’m sorry but that boils down to how we are drilled and how we are set up

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Well at least We didn't get battered
    LOL. We did first half.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Well at least We didn't get battered

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    We didn't play on the break second half. We took it to them.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Highlights for those in the U.K.

http://www.skysports.com/football/wolves-vs-qpr/374990

Shows how bad we were first half, but better second.

I'd put this in a new thread, but mods (a mod?) is currently deleting threads for some reason........

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    it almost worked
    Deja farking vu. Story of the season under this complete buffoon of a manager.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Never saw any of the game but sounds like we gave a decent fist of it but unfortunately came up short. Hopefully next week we can pick up 3 points.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Exactly bill. Do I expect Holloway to turn round and think “ we played really well up there 2nd half and gave them a proper scare I’ll set up like that from the start from now on and see where it takes us” . No. I expect him to revert to default and play a formation we haven’t got the personnel for and only change it up when we fall behind. It makes me want to tear my ####ing hair out. It’s so frustrating because we have the basis of a decent enough side.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Yeah i agree liked that too, but we was away to the top team, so it was obvious that we`re not going to start like that & we really do have some if you think thats how we should of started, especially after losing at bristol city the way we did! if we had started like that attacking wise and went goals down you lot would of been having a field day on here lol
    Fortune favours the brave

He who dares wins

So the fans who go week in week out have to put up
    with this negative approach.

In days gone by we were known to be an attractive and attack
    minded outfit.......not now.

And yet some on here wonder why crowds are dwindling

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Exactly bill. Do I expect Holloway to turn round and think “ we played really well up there 2nd half and gave them a proper scare I’ll set up like that from the start from now on and see where it takes us” . No. I expect him to revert to default and play a formation we haven’t got the personnel for and only change it up when we fall behind. It makes me want to tear my ####ing hair out. It’s so frustrating because we have the basis of a decent enough side.
    It makes me want to rip Ollie's throat out tbh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X