Burton 1 QPR 3 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    He gave you a whole load of evidence! Yes in my view midfielders should score more but God has not set up the team to make the best of strikers we do have.
    A whole load of evidence lol, if you like him want to believe its not important for midfielders to score, well youre as bad as him in his football knowlege, & not just about stats.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

He gave you a whole load of evidence! Yes in my view midfielders should score more but God has not set up the team to make the best of strikers we do have.
      How i look at this is quite funny, as you biting on another qpr away win, shows ollies doing something right which you hate carry on...

Comment

• Nas/furtive, so you reckon its still not important for midfielders to chip in even if a team has one uptop?! even 442 its important for youre midfield to chip in aswell as the odd goals from defenders if they can.

Comment

• Our midfield do not score nowhere near enough and yesterday was great to see the goals shared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Nas/furtive, so you reckon its still not important for midfielders to chip in even if a team has one uptop?! even 442 its important for youre midfield to chip in aswell as the odd goals from defenders if they can.
            The point Nasser was trying to make was plenty sides do well without much goal contribution from midfield. Entirely agree in our case could do with them scoring more. Doesn't help though team set up has in my view affected form of our rather limited strikers. Decent win yesterday, will be interesting to see if Washington can follow up and how Oteh/Smyth develop.

Comment

The point Nasser was trying to make was plenty sides do well without much goal contribution from midfield. Entirely agree in our case could do with them scoring more. Doesn't help though team set up has in my view affected form of our rather limited strikers. Decent win yesterday, will be interesting to see if Washington can follow up and how Oteh/Smyth develop.
              The teams he named were all top teams, but thats not the point, as a team youll be not alot of cop without youre midfield and others chipping in, bit simular to us and with our strikers not scoring a great deal we`ve struggled! and i agree 73, yet im getting told its unimportant being compared to top flight teams lol

Comment

Yeah agree about washington & oteh/smyth etc, and us, goto keep the momentum going now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  The teams he named were all top teams, but thats not the point, as a team youll be not alot of cop without youre midfield and others chipping in, bit simular to us and with our strikers not scoring a great deal we`ve struggled! and i agree 73, yet im getting told its unimportant being compared to top flight teams lol
                  And they became top teams without needing goalscoring midfielders. Clubs are set up differently and there are clubs that are reliant on midfielders to score and there are clubs who aren't. Ultimately, I don't think anyone really believes that a midfield should be relied upon for goals because that's what you want from your strikers. Midfielders have the most responsibilities on the pitch and you seem to want to add goalscoring to that instead of demanding it of our strikers.

Washington and Oteh scored yesterday, Smyth scored in the last league game, Smith scored too, we need that more than anything. When they don't score, the blame seems to be that "oh well if we had a midfield who scored we wouldn't have a problem" which imo is wrong. We should be saying, why tf aren't our strikers scoring, we should change the system to ensure that everyone is able to do the bare minimum job required of them. Defenders need to be able to defend, midfielders need to be able to create and defend, wingers need to be able to run, cross and score and strikers have to be able to score.

As another example of a big team, Real Madrid play with Benzema up top and fans are disgusted, logically so... why? Because he doesn't score... they don't go around saying "oh well modric should be scoring more to take some of the pressure off", they're using their heads and saying why tf isn't our striker scoring, lets get someone in who can.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    And they became top teams without needing goalscoring midfielders. Clubs are set up differently and there are clubs that are reliant on midfielders to score and there are clubs who aren't. Ultimately, I don't think anyone really believes that a midfield should be relied upon for goals because that's what you want from your strikers. Midfielders have the most responsibilities on the pitch and you seem to want to add goalscoring to that instead of demanding it of our strikers.

Washington and Oteh scored yesterday, Smyth scored in the last league game, Smith scored too, we need that more than anything. When they don't score, the blame seems to be that "oh well if we had a midfield who scored we wouldn't have a problem" which imo is wrong. We should be saying, why tf aren't our strikers scoring, we should change the system to ensure that everyone is able to do the bare minimum job required of them. Defenders need to be able to defend, midfielders need to be able to create and defend, wingers need to be able to run, cross and score and strikers have to be able to score.

As another example of a big team, Real Madrid play with Benzema up top and fans are disgusted, logically so... why? Because he doesn't score... they don't go around saying "oh well modric should be scoring more to take some of the pressure off", they're using their heads and saying why tf isn't our striker scoring, lets get someone in who can.
                    Whatever nas, no team has any intention of not having goalscorers in midfield, so do all youre stats you like mate

Comment

Working...
                    X