No announcement yet.

QPR 0 MK Dons 1 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the topic of football and not the manager I’m amazed there are next to no comments on the balls up for their goal yesterday and especially Halls part in it

Remember while back in discussion about Ned saying Hall makes just as many mistakes as him which lead to goals and few posters said this was rubbish and i was making it up. Yesterday is an example of how he has big lapse in concentration which we get punished for. Now I will add I’m big Hall fan, think he is quality CB, but he is prone to an error, like Ned, but when he makes them people seem to turn a blind eye. Hall, error aside yesterday, given length of time he has been out was very good but the goal!! What was he doing

My personal opinion is we have some very decent CB but all of them and this includes Robinson are prone to mistakes which lead to goals hence why we keep so few clean sheets. We get some superb individual performances but never really all of them at the same time

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
      That’s a comment you often make. So genuine question, if we are still in the same position at the end of the season will you finally accept Holloway is out of his depth, or do what you did at the end of last season and claim he is still getting it right and we will be better next year?
      If we are in same position, he will say job done, we avoided relegation and now Ollie will continue building for the future. Stinkie is deluded.

Comment

• Yes we have some decent CB but was Hall playing there or as an out of position DM.

Comment

• CB as was the right of the back three. After that howler he went in that awful DM role ollie sees him in

Comment

• Hall is a bit like the majority our players there is room for improvement and they need to be developed in a style of play that utilizes their strengths, as well as being coached to be better once that that style is imbedded in the squad. Those that can’t adapt should go and others brought into fit the style.

All of which is impossible under this manager, who continues to play a style that fits very few of our current players, including the very same ones brought in under his leadership. Not to mention the fact not one of our players appears to have developed under his coaching.

Comment

• Hall at DM.....reminds me of when ollie used to play Palmer and Santos there. Tactical genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                As for Fernandes, Words cannot describe how bad a chairman he is and has been since August 2011.
                Worst chairman in our history. End of.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  Hall at DM.....reminds me of when ollie used to play Palmer and Santos there. Tactical genius.
                  Georges Santos........just hearing the name makes me shudder. That period where Ollie was picking him up front was one of the bleakest times I can remember as a QPR fan.

Comment

• I see people mentioning a lack of individual development, and it makes me wonder how he coached the Blackpool players compared to Ours. Was it all about Charlie Adam really?
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      I see people mentioning a lack of individual development, and it makes me wonder how he coached the Blackpool players compared to Ours. Was it all about Charlie Adam really?
                      Charlie Adam was a big part of it, he played out his skin the season they got promoted. Strange one cos he was bang average at Glasgow Rangers before he went to Blackpool and utterly useless at Liverpool after he left. Just a purple patch in his career I guess.

I think they had a couple of other players really go on a run of form in the 2nd half of the season as well. DJ Campbell and Brett Ormerod were in the goals if I remember correctly. It's how it can go sometimes with the play-offs. A team can find form in the second half of a season, sneak into the play-offs and keep that form going all the way to Wembley.

As much as I dislike Holloway, one thing I will say is he's always had that ability to get a bit of team spirit going and takes teams on a run. We've seen it a couple of times in his 2 stints here. He also managed it with Palace and of course Blackpool. Still doesn't make up for his limitations however, in my opinion!

Comment

• I wish Unc did the Lambeth Walk and asked the No one likes us we dont care mob if he should hire Ollie and not ask Ian Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          If we are in same position, he will say job done, we avoided relegation and now Ollie will continue building for the future. Stinkie is deluded.
                          At very least he provides fuel for the fire for the Ollie out brigade, I don't think giving him an insulting name is necessary, just my opinion!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Charlie Adam was a big part of it, he played out his skin the season they got promoted. Strange one cos he was bang average at Glasgow Rangers before he went to Blackpool and utterly useless at Liverpool after he left. Just a purple patch in his career I guess.

I think they had a couple of other players really go on a run of form in the 2nd half of the season as well. DJ Campbell and Brett Ormerod were in the goals if I remember correctly. It's how it can go sometimes with the play-offs. A team can find form in the second half of a season, sneak into the play-offs and keep that form going all the way to Wembley.

As much as I dislike Holloway, one thing I will say is he's always had that ability to get a bit of team spirit going and takes teams on a run. We've seen it a couple of times in his 2 stints here. He also managed it with Palace and of course Blackpool. Still doesn't make up for his limitations however, in my opinion!
                            OK. Thank you for this one.!!
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              Wasn't suggesting you was Stan; but as you can see, we have enough meltdown merchants onboard to melt 2 Arctic ice caps.
                              I agree, every fan, life-long or not, has that right to call out the manager; but also, every fan has the right to stand behind their team regardless; it is all about opinions, & what grinds me on here at times, is that some members (not you), seem to think they have a God given right to trash talk my team at every single opportunity.
                              I'm not blind, I can see the flaws, but I grew up defending my team in the RW from the types of insults that get thrown about on here far too regularly.
                              I enjoy yours & a few others views, as they are fairly constructive and don't result to insults against the team; but as for the others, they can go do one
                              Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              The team? People are critising the manager not the team. At least on here...
                              Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              Shania please re-read my posts.
                              My angst is directed at so called supporters constantly insulting my club, never defended Ollie once on here, but I find it hard to read when certain people get a semi making up childish/insulting names for players and staff.
                              I thought maybe an age thing, that maybe we have quite a few young adults who are not used to such failures, but I believe quite a few are either close to my age or older.
                              To me supporting QPR has always been about the sense of belonging, throughout my life I have seem some great teams/players put on The Hoops, but I have also seen far worse than what is being served up currently.
                              Just recently, those abusing LF had to eat humble pie after the shock revelation in that book that came out suggesting TF took advice from Ian Taylor.
                              No issue whatsoever of constructive criticism without insults.
                              Fraggy, personally I'm not one for resorting to derogatory nicknames, it's just not my style. However IMO Ollie has become fair game for it if people do choose to use them for the simple reason that he has persistently insulted my (and many others') intelligence by way of his atrocious management this season. I think it's a case of fans saying enough is enough, and their way of expressing frustration at something they have no other control over, other than voicing their concerns on a fans forum like this. Just as one little example, when I discovered he'd employed wingbacks again yesterday it made my blood boil (as you can read from earlier on in this thread), and that wrath was expressed with insults towards him, which IMO were 100% justified. However I do think the players are not fair game for that treatment being that they have zero control over whether or not they're selected to play, particularly being that most of them always give 100% within their own abilities and the system they're playing in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Fraggy, personally I'm not one for resorting to derogatory nicknames, it's just not my style.
                                Quality of nicknames needs to be better though Stan. Hollowhead is a classic but....Knobhead, Gump even Washingline FFS...terrible stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X